You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stick to the deposit limit =(

I recommend everybody stick to your deposit limits, even tho i know how much it is annoying when you want to play but you cant because you have reached your deposit limit, today i reached mine, not through constant losing just the fact that i jugle around my deposits and withdrawals, infact i was in quite a big profit but as i reached my deposit limit, i couldnt play anymore and after sking if i could have it removed because i was too stubern to wait 6 hours i went onto another poker site where i have now demolished my entire bankroll when all i wanted to do was have a cheap little game on here =( i can safely say i wont be playing poker anymore =(

Comments

• edited December 2009

I know the feeling of going bust, its the worst in the world.

How much was your 'WHOLE BANKROLL'? Is it a serious loss? or like 100 quid or summat? I know 100 quids 5 20 quid notes but it isn't disasterous.

Theres people on here who seem to know alot about the game, but say they only play low becoz of their bankroll. Why not just take a punt one month, say you work full time and earn £1300 a month, about average wage, y not just take a punt one month n stick £300 on or something. As long as u aren't wreckless with it, u shud be ok if ur a good player.

When I was in my last year of studying I invested £500 on a poker site as a punt (previously i was just playing small cash, making a tenner here n there, n withdrawing it when I did), as I believed I could make money at it, and its worked out. If It didn't, It wudnt be disasterous I'd just have to stay in alot and get a job as well as writing a dissertation.lol

I dunno how people expect to create a bankroll playing freerolls and depositing a 5r here and a tenner there. Its guna take forever. And probably wont even happen.

I know people cnt afford to throw money around, but its not chuckin it away, u aren't burning it, it's still yours, and if you are good enough then you'll get it back, and more.

He who dares, wins ;)

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    i dont think anyone could ever build a roll by puttin the £10 or £20 on, my advice is estimate how much would you put on in 2 or 3 months if that would be say £300 then put it on in one go and thats your roll play within ur roll and see how it goes, you might turn it into 2k in a few months but if you keep putin small amounts on you will never win a large amount, and if you go skint then so be it you would of gone busto anyway by making lots of small deposits.
  • edited December 2009
    You CAN build a roll from putting a tiny amount on if you have the discipline and patience.  I opened my Sky poker account with £5 and have not redeposited.

Also on another site I cashed in a freeroll for $1, and turned it into over $100 playing microstakes cash.

(until I blew it all in one night drunk from the pub).

I think you just have to disregard the tiny amount you are playing for and dont think things like `He`s gone all in, its only 80p to see if I can hit my flush`.  If the odds arent there, they arent there
  • edited December 2009
    patience is the key!!! i got busted out by a bad beat an had no more cash left, so i played a freeroll and won £1.81 and over the next 10 hours (middle of the night) turned it into £250, the following day doubled that to well over £500 so it is possible!! best time to play like that is when the pubs close cos i literally found people just giving me their money... play tight, play aggressive