You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question of the day - 23/12/13

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat

Today's for you.

Obviously in poker there are different levels of thinking, for example:

Level 1 - thinking about your hand
Level 2 - thinking what hand you think your opponent has
Level 3 - thinking what hand your opponent thinks you have
Level 4 - thinking what your opponent thinks you think they have

We could go on. But the question is...

Comments

• edited December 2013

Thoughts and comments appreciated as usual.
  • edited December 2013
    Haha - I do like that you have stolen Lambert's thread... in the spirit of share and share alike ;)
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Question of the day - 23/12/13:
    Haha - I do like that you have stolen Lambert's thread... in the spirit of share and share alike ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    Ha, it wasnt actually from that it was something we discussed in the office.

It has cropped up before but good to see what the vote says too.
  • edited December 2013
    Where is level 0? No thinking, just hitting the call button?
  • edited December 2013
    I'm with quickfeet, sky have assumed that at least some level of thinking occurs!
    Most of the MTT's I play in  (lower buy-in levels) it really is 0 initially and 1 as you move towards the final stages as most of the donks have eliminated themselves. Some play any ace, some say "it was only a fiver", or "heck lets gamble" and that's absolutely fine by me. I'm sure it's different in the super roller. People have trouble folding AJ, AQ etc. to a re-raise and long may it continue. Most seem to understand position, but bet sizing, pot and implied odds are hit and miss. e.g. a guy open shoves for 60% of his stack, then calls the rest off saying "I was getting odds to call!"
    It's not always like that. I've had some really good games with the regs, supersnedd, jawz etc but these are thankfully normally only 10% of the field.

Adrian
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Question of the day - 23/12/13:
    I'm with quickfeet, sky have assumed that at least some level of thinking occurs! Most of the MTT's I play in  (lower buy-in levels) it really is 0 initially and 1 as you move towards the final stages as most of the donks have eliminated themselves. Some play any ace, some say "it was only a fiver", or "heck lets gamble" and that's absolutely fine by me. I'm sure it's different in the super roller. People have trouble folding AJ, AQ etc. to a re-raise and long may it continue. Most seem to understand position, but bet sizing, pot and implied odds are hit and miss. e.g. a guy open shoves for 60% of his stack, then calls the rest off saying "I was getting odds to call!" It's not always like that. I've had some really good games with the regs, supersnedd, jawz etc but these are thankfully normally only 10% of the field. Adrian
    Posted by skicowboys
    I disagree with that. Definitely an underrated skill.
  • edited December 2013
    Level 17; mashes 'pot' button.