You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKPC final - HappyHead takes the cash bubble and GELDY says goodbye for now

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi,

Unfortunately customer service would not/could not solve my registration problem for the UKPC final, and I do not intend to go into it here (and no it's not as simple as it might seem). My final choice was to deregister and lose £240 to SkyPoker, or to stay registered and have the cash bubble boy get it. So apologies to everyone who had to put up with my absence on the table last night, but the only way i could get my money to go to one of you instead of SkyPoker was to stay registered even though i couldn't play. 

10HappyHead - £440

However the whole episode has left me with a rather bitter taste in my mouth and I am going on self-exclude for a while.

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year to all but Tikay, who gets a well earned baa-humbug.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Sky seem to have quite a strong stance on de-registering from tourneys you qualified for via a sat. Its the same as other sites I have been on tbh. On the other hand tho, sky has a reputation as a friendly site, aimed at recreational players...

IMO Sky should treat incidents like this on a case by case basis. I understand they dont people satting into events and de-regging all the time...but It wouldn't hurt to occasionally have a bit of flexability for regulars like Geldy. Surely it is more + EV for Sky to keep him happy, and let him de-reg in this instance, with a note that it is a one off.

Geldy, how long you self excluded yourself for?

• edited December 2013
    Hey Geldy,

Sorry to hear you have had some bother.

I guess you couldn't play contacted CC and they told you, you couldn't get the cash (if you had satted in).

If you have satted in, they will not give you the cash, but should have told you that you could transfer to a same buy in game for another time. It happened to me a couple of weeks ago, and i ended up satting into a game i couldnt play, contacted them and they let me use it against another game later in the week (i had to de reg myself).

Have a great Christmas and all the best for 2014.
  • edited December 2013
    Yeah, really sorry to hear about the problems you have had - perhaps the powers that be will have a change of heart in your case. You're a good sort and a forum legend, so it does sadden me to have to read this. I don't know the history of it - and I know you can't go into it here - but I hope things do get resolved for you. As chicknMelt said: a little rope is surely something that could be given on a case by case basis.

All that aside - have a great Christmas, and we will hopefully meet on the other side of the turkey.
  • edited December 2013

Yeah also think Sky could have been more reasonable with you. Hope to see you back on the tables sooner rather than later.

Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year mate.

• edited December 2013

Hi Geldy,

You will be sorely missed by your many friends who play on Sky Poker, myself included.

Take care, & hope to see you back here in due course. 

PS - Happiness & health to you & yours in 2014.
  • edited December 2013
    There is a simple solution Geldy for future reference.... every time you plan on playing a satellite, buy in direct to the tournament beforehand. That way whether you qualify or not from the satellite you can de-reg the tourney just in case of a situation like this.
  • edited December 2013
    There is a simple solution Geldy for future reference.... every time you plan on playing a satellite, buy in direct to the tournament beforehand. That way whether you qualify or not from the satellite you can de-reg the tourney just in case of a situation like this.

+1