You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Death of the 7.00pm £10.00 Deepstacks

edited December 2009 in Sky Poker Tournaments
Well here we go again, Steve is back on the campaign trail:)

I have noticed recently that with the exception of the Wednesday Tikay Sleepstack the £10 deepstacks have been getting fewer and fewer players, last Thursdays game had seven and I believe that yesterdays game (Sunday) didn't run because there were not enough entrants.

What I propose is to try and get the buyins for the Thursday and Sunday games reduced down to £5 to see if that attracts more players as I would hate to see these two games die for lack of support.

Please vote as the more that do so the greater the chance of getting the changes actioned by the Sky Team.

If you have any other ideas for reviving these two games please add comments to the thread.  I did think about trying for guarantees for these two games but with so few runners I personally can't see that happening.

Many thanks,

Steve

Comments

• edited December 2009
    move it to 7.30 and perhaps a lot ove ppl who play the 8.15 deepy will join or play them as 1 with a bigger gtd but i think the time must change as a lot ove ppl have to go work early. but i agree we canot let them die out. gl with this m8
  • edited December 2009
    The reason I stopped playing these, is because it was full of good regular players, with the buyin and the prizepool being fairly low their was no value in playing a "Cheap" tournament if you are still going to be playing the higher staked players. I think the £10 tournament must collide with the £22 deepie and thats why there ae less in that 1. If the numbers for the £5 and £3 are still good then maybe move it to that.
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Steve

As you know, my bankroll wont allow me to play these as yet, but I think that because of Primo being on the same night, it has a knock on effect on this tourney, I feel bringing the price down may help, but will do my best to, as usual, advertise whatever is decided.

We all know, in advertising we need to reach as wider audiance as possible, not only the regular forum user, but the casual and first time users too, (even the commecials we cant stand on tv and we turn the station over, but we still saw it:)), I am not sure that they read this section as they would general poker chat (maybe Rich knows what traffic goes through each part of the forum and can help here, I for one would be interested to know, please Rich:)).

We all know that the wonderful sooots listen to the players here at Sky Poker and bend over backwards to help. once again a grateful thanks to them.

• edited December 2009
    i think sky should put on 3.30 buy ins all weekend i have allready suggested this but there still the same the only 10 seaters which attract any decent entries are the offordables /the sleepstack .the other threee get 20  odd  if they are lucky the other one on a thursday should be a 5quid one as most play the bh on a thursday either that or give the 10 seaters a gauranteed prize pool an example is the 815 deepie its a six seater but regularly gets 50 odd entries i play the 10 seaters when possible and think a gtd pool or lower buy in would attract more entries
  • edited December 2009

Maybe change the sunday to £3.30 and the thursday to £5.50, then there is 3 of each plus the tikay sleepstack.

• edited December 2009
    Thanks for all they comments folks. 

I do like the idea of one game at £3 & one at £5 (shame I didn't think of that when I started the thread lol), as for the guarantee I agree it would be a nice idea to attract more players to the game and I think that if we can get the buyins reduced that will be the next campaign, maybe for all the 7pm deepstacks.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Death of the 7.00pm £10.00 Deepstacks:
    Thanks for all they comments folks.  I do like the idea of one game at £3 & one at £5 (shame I didn't think of that when I started the thread lol), as for the guarantee I agree it would be a nice idea to attract more players to the game and I think that if we can get the buyins reduced that will be the next campaign, maybe for all the 7pm deepstacks.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    +1 kiwini mate.only just read your PM so sorry for the delay.i am only playing the £3.30 and the £5.50 deepys as that is what i can afford.and when i do splash out lol it is in the £22.00 one,this has only been once at the moment anyway.but as you know i am a deepy player and big fan of them so i will do all i can to support them.gl mate dav
  • edited December 2009
    definitely reduce the buy in, although it didn't run last night and i entered the £22 deepstack instead and cashed so can't complain :)
  • edited December 2009
    definitely reduce the buy in, although it didn't run last night and i entered the £22 deepstack instead and cashed so can't complain :)
    Posted by SwansFC
    Maybe thats a reason to keep it at £10 lol.  Congratulations on the cash
  • edited December 2009
    I would play in it if I didnt have so many technical issues--I cant even risk playing in two tournies at once, and I usually want to play in the 8.15 deep stack---a stupid log in expired notice keeps throwing me off the table, so I wont risk ten quid till it gets sorted (probably when the download finally arrives)--I think it might be a good idea to make them all 3.30, and put a grnt on them---gl with it tho---floppa whoppa
  • edited December 2009
    i voted yes good idea.and agree with everything to whats been said above..
  • edited December 2009
    Perhaps the reduction coincided with it's (or their actually) removal from the highlighted section at the top of the lobby... (?)
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for all the support folks, gonna give it one more day and then ask SkyRich to take a look at the thread and hopefully, Sky Suits willing,  get the new buyins stsrted asap.
  • edited December 2009
    hey guys,

thanks for all the posts and votes. i'll send this thread to the poker team for their consideration. changes (if any) might not be immediate so please stay patient over the festive period.

all the best,

Rich
  • edited December 2009
    hey guys, thanks for all the posts and votes. i'll send this thread to the poker team for their consideration. changes (if any) might not be immediate so please stay patient over the festive period. all the best, Rich
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    Thanks Rich, much appreciated.
  • edited December 2009
    the 10 seaters tonight [thursday]has been changed to 5.50 from 11quid  its a start maybe therewill be more than the usaual 10 to20 entries tonight
  • edited December 2009
    the 10 seaters tonight [thursday]has been changed to 5.50 from 11quid  its a start maybe therewill be more than the usaual 10 to20 entries tonight
    Posted by paparon
    WOW thats fast, i'm in:)

Lets be honest I wouldn't be suprised if there isn't a huge turnout tonight as its Christmas Eve, but at least the reduced buyin will be an incentive for some who have avoided the game in the past.

Thanks Rich and the Sky Team.
  • edited December 2009

Thank you Rich and the team for the quick changes, also well done kiwi for campaigning for them. Don't no if I will be able to play tonight as I have alot to do but will be playing the next 1.

• edited December 2009
    Nice one , i will be entering a lot more 10seaters now