You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forced to play a hand out of the big blind.

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
You're at the table for a while and things are going at a steady pace. Everything is going fine. Then it comes to the big blind. You have junk that you would never play in any other position even in the small blind for 10p. Just because someone limps wanting to see a flop so you check and this happens.

Bear_Proof Small blind £0.10 £0.10 £19.90 
coolmark Big blind £0.20 £0.30 £17.66 

Your hole cards  

10 3  

ebygum Call £0.20 £0.50 £29.53 
rich-a-64 Fold  
stfc_1953 Fold
liamboi11 Fold
Bear_Proof Fold  
coolmark Check

Flop  

10 8 3

Now I have flopped 2 pair !  

coolmark Check  
ebygum Bet £0.50 £1.00 £29.03
coolmark Call £0.50 £1.50 £17.16

Now villain bets pot yes he limped from UTG with what 10 8 ? I got to be ahead here right?

Turn  

coolmark Check  
ebygum Bet £0.60 £2.10 £28.43 
coolmark Raise £2.00 £4.10 £15.16 
ebygum Call £1.40 £5.50 £27.03

I choose to raise here as the five is a blank card but what is he calling with is he drawing with J 9 floating with AK ? Now the river comes a king when i bet he raises me all in, No draws came in at all but AK hit but I should still be ahead of that. Can we fold or is it too nitty ?

River  

K  

coolmark Bet £3.60 £9.10 £11.56 
ebygum Raise £16.30 £25.40 £10.73 
coolmark All-in £11.56 £36.96 £0.00 
ebygum Unmatched bet £1.14 £35.82 £11.87

coolmark  

Show

10 3 

ebygum  

Show  

8 8 

ebygum Win Three 8s £34.02 £45.89

This is why I hate being forced to play a hand ! >:( .

Comments

• edited December 2013

Hi coolmark.

Just to say, I'm glad you lost that hand, I really am.

You were one of three remaining in the £2.20 @ 2.20, & could have busted the odious Orford, instead of which you allowed him to win it.

Unforgiveable. Absolutely unforgiveable.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Forced to play a hand out of the big blind.:
    Hi coolmark. Just to say, I'm glad you lost that hand, I really am. You were one of three remaining in the £2.20 @ 2.20, & could have busted the odious Orford, instead of which you allowed him to win it. Unforgiveable. Absolutely unforgiveable.
    Posted by Tikay10[/

£2.20 at 2:20?  Not sure I've heard of that
  • edited December 2013
    Were there any flush draws on the flop/turn? As this will determine whether or not villain can be bluffing here. However, in general you don't see players at this level taking this line as a bluff (where they bet flop, bet/call turn and then shove over a bet on the river)

I think you played flop & turn well. Vs some villains you can definitely consider raising flop but some people will only pot flops with v strong hands (TPTK/2pr+ better) On the turn villain bets a smaller amount and we are confident we are probably ahead at this point so raising to build a pot is good. River bet is good but we can fold to a raise. A good general rule on sky is not to go broke in limped pots w/o the nuts. (or v close to it) because people just aren't that aggressive in limped pots (they reason they haven't invested much so no point trying to bluff at it)

Also re. the situation you talked about. Yes, it's unfortunate, can happen to all of us and it's just a cooler. However, more often than not if you do hit a 2 pair/trips with your rubbish hand then it's going to be the best hand and you're going to make the limper regret allowing you to see a flop for free.