You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

sky incompetence

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
late registered for the mini bounty sky cannot launch the table shunter and yet again i am down 45 chips before i even start because sky cannot launch the table promptly i have brought this up with sky but as usual was fobbed off with a lot of carp they really need to sort it out maybe sky just does not care about its customers

Comments

• edited December 2013
    wow 45 chips i would just quit and demand a refund!

if that fails phone 999 and report it as theft!
  • edited December 2013
    If you have still got some of that carp can I have some to cook for christmas please
  • edited December 2013
    If you "Late reg" for a tournie it does not automatically open - you have to wait for table balancing - then depending on what level it is when your table opens inevitably you will lose a few chips.

If you are NOT accustomed to this type of thing then I would suggest you register before the tournie starts.

Best of Luck
  • edited December 2013
    Also - you cannot blame Sky for the fact that you late regged
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: sky incompetence:
    Also - you cannot blame Sky for the fact that you late regged
    Posted by POKERTREV
    lolol love that advice...nearly as good as phoning 999 and reporting a theft

have a great xmas 1 and all
  • edited December 2013
    I have to say I don't agree with how the OP has worded his complaint but if I register for a tournament or STT advertised as a starting stack of 2000 chips then I expect to start playing with exactly that amount anything more or less is a breach of contract as far as I am concerned. You wouldn't go to a shop and buy 20 cigs and only expect 19 in it or ask someone to change a £20 note and only get £19 back or sit down in a cash game with £2K and expect to start playing with £1955 would you? there would be an uproar if this happened on a regular basis.
    Having said this I have not had this happen to me and there may be more to this problem than meets the eye if this is so then the OP deserves at very least to be taken seriously IMHO.

Have a great Christmas everybody.
  • edited December 2013
    If you "Late reg" for a tournie it does not automatically open - you have to wait for table balancing - then depending on what level it is when your table opens inevitably you will lose a few chips. If you are NOT accustomed to this type of thing then I would suggest you register before the tournie starts. Best of Luck
    Posted by POKERTREV
    A bit harsh Trev.

Since the last upgrade tables have been taking longer than usual to load
    and in many instances freeze with a blamk screen.
    until recently tables had been fine/
    So i can understand the Op frustration

• edited December 2013
    I have to say I don't agree with how the OP has worded his complaint but if I register for a tournament or STT advertised as a starting stack of 2000 chips then I expect to start playing with exactly that amount anything more or less is a breach of contract as far as I am concerned. You wouldn't go to a shop and buy 20 cigs and only expect 19 in it or ask someone to change a £20 note and only get £19 back or sit down in a cash game with £2K and expect to start playing with £1955 would you? there would be an uproar it this happened on a regular basis. Having said this I have not had this happen to me and there may be more to this problem than meets the eye if this is so then the OP deserves at very least to be taken seriously IMHO. Have a great Christmas everybody.
    Posted by a00rock
    this...........over the top defending of sky there  i thinks trev  lol   happy xmas everyone .and u trev.
  • edited December 2013
    OOOOoops!!

Soz guys & OP - I may have had a few sherry's when I posted - in fact I was pretty wasted at the time, but it really does boil my skin when I see a post titled "sky incompetence" - that in itself I felt was very harsh.

Merry Christmas Everyone - BaaaHumbug :)
  • edited December 2013
    OOOOoops!! Soz guys & OP - I may have had a few sherry's when I posted - in fact I was pretty wasted at the time, but it really does boil my skin when I see a post titled " sky incompetence " - that in itself I felt was very harsh. Merry Christmas Everyone - BaaaHumbug :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    well hi there the boiled one, i to have been on the sherry, what came first the chicken or the egg,not sure but the sherry is nice ainnit :):):):) xxx