You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Christmas spirit

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Not posted on the forum for a while but had to post this.

Yesterday I was playing one of the £22bh's and got HU. I have had connection issues recently and lost connection for a few hands. When I returned, MrBurns4 (who I have met and shared a few beers with at a few SPTs) said I could steal 3 blinds so we were in the same position as we were before I lost connection. I know that old bloke TommyD said about doing this sort of thing in a previous thread but was good to see it happen in reality. Just wanted to say thanks to MrBurns, congratulate him on his eventual win and to say Happy Christmas to him. I owe you a beer at the next SPT. 

Happy Christmas to all

From that short luckbox Bates!

Comments

• edited December 2013

Short post....but nice never the less.

Surely you owe him a short when you see him though?

If in the summer...you could be wearing your shorts too.

• edited December 2013
    Good to hear 

Happy Christmas Matt
  • edited December 2013
    Get your own beer, no need to share!

More MrBurns's at the tables pls. Certainly a few chunterers lacking the xmas spirit tonight. Just realised how much I hate that abbreviation, apols.

My favourite Christmas spirit is brandy I think. What else is there, sherry?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Christmas spirit:
    Not posted on the forum for a while but had to post this. Yesterday I was playing one of the £22bh's and got HU. I have had connection issues recently and lost connection for a few hands. When I returned, MrBurns4 (who I have met and shared a few beers with at a few SPTs) said I could steal 3 blinds so we were in the same position as we were before I lost connection. I know that old bloke TommyD said about doing this sort of thing in a previous thread but was good to see it happen in reality. Just wanted to say thanks to MrBurns, congratulate him on his eventual win and to say Happy Christmas to him. I owe you a beer at the next SPT.  Happy Christmas to all From that short luckbox Bates!
    Posted by MattBates
    That is typical of the man. He's an absolute gent.
  • edited December 2013
    Nice 1 Mr Bates and Mr Burns and seasonal greetings to you both.
  • edited December 2013

Was very nearly the perfect thread.

A display of true gentlemanly behaviour on the tables.
     A public acknowledgement of the behaviour.
     The poker gods rewarding the behaviour.
     And then maxally midget bashing. Just when it was going so well.

This is still the sort of thread that we like to see because it can actually restore our faith in humanity. Showing that there really are some people not totally stuck up themselves and can do the right and honourable thing.

Congrats to Mrburns and mattbates not for your poker behaviour but for both of your actions as decent human beings.
  • edited December 2013

What a lovely thing, well done lads. Despite all the aggro & arguments we see, the Sky Poker world is largely populated by decent people.

Oh, & welcome back Matt - you've been sorely missed.

• edited December 2013

By the way......

Matt, did you see Orford's Show thread the other day?

He ran a caption comp, with this photo......

Best entry?

Tikay takes Matt Bates for his first skating lesson.

BOOM!
  • edited December 2013
    Binkie Burns True gent Gives chips in 1 hand, then takes them all back well played sir
  • edited December 2013

And then maxally midget bashing. Just when it was going so well.

TBF, it was a gem!

OK....on a serious note.....nice one MR Burns and nice post Mr Bates.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Christmas spirit:
    Not posted on the forum for a while but had to post this. Yesterday I was playing one of the £22bh's and got HU. I have had connection issues recently and lost connection for a few hands. When I returned, MrBurns4 (who I have met and shared a few beers with at a few SPTs) said I could steal 3 blinds so we were in the same position as we were before I lost connection. I know that old bloke TommyD said about doing this sort of thing in a previous thread but was good to see it happen in reality. Just wanted to say thanks to MrBurns, congratulate him on his eventual win and to say Happy Christmas to him. I owe you a beer at the next SPT.  Happy Christmas to all From that short luckbox Bates!
    Posted by MattBates
    Lol ty Mat realy didnt expect you to post this. I got to say was all just a play to throw you off your game pmsl Didnt it work well pmsl Also Mat knows by doing this he confused so many of the hate Burns Club I can hear the conspiracy therory going into overdrive lol

On serious side ty but realy wasnt necessary to post but very kind you did and I hope it sets the standards in new year for others to move on and lets make 2014 the year of positive postings on Sky and that way get back to such a great community we always had.

Hope you all have a great Holidays and New Year are more important a healty New year to all.

Right enough of this nice stuff its making me feel sick bar humbug thats better :)
  • edited December 2013
    Nice posts lads, nice end to the year,bring on 2014
  • edited December 2013
    This is what the Sky poker community is about, a real feel good factor and positivity. Win or lose have fun and enjoy. Not that other horrid nonsense.
  • edited December 2013
    welldone mr burns

i like to think every 1 would do this but not :/
  • edited December 2013
    May be karma, may be fish on a heater but currently the hero of the thread is on both the main and mini fts!
  • edited December 2013

Ooh, well done Mr Burns.