You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

One of the best +EV decisions...

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat

Hi all

Given the number of entries we have had so far, entering this must be one of the best +EV decisions you can make. It's free to enter and there's still time!

Good luck.

Sky Poker

Comments

• edited December 2013

Yes, a £1,100 seat for free.
  • edited December 2013
    is there a competition for the introverts?
  • edited December 2013
    Will be uploading mine by the weekend!
  • edited December 2013
    I will be submitting mine this weekend also
  • edited December 2013
    @ Sky - When will you start tweeting the entries for this competition?  I know that the deadline is the 31st Dec but is it an advantage to submit it earlier?
  • edited December 2013
    I assume it'd be all retweets from any time (so earlier posting is better) cos would suck a bit to have like everyone retweet it on 31st Dec and they start counting from 1st Jan and everyone has already done it so you get 0 lol. Plus, it says they're announcing winners 72 hours after the comp closes (on 31st Dec) so only a small window.

FWIW, I posted about this a while ago cos promo page is a bit confusing, and Sky Dave said he thinks it'll be a combination of retweets and forum votes to decide a winner but sounds like noting is finalised as to exactly how a winner will be picked.
  • edited December 2013
    From what I have read. Sky will pick a shortlist and the winners will be decided from then.
    So no retweets will count until the shortlist is made.

SKY should definately have this sorted and explain how it works because as far as i knew you had up to 31 dec to enter and knowhere did it say it would be an advantage to enter early.

Edit Taken from SKY page: We'll be posting the winning shortlist on our Sky Poker Forum where YOU will be able to vote for your favourite.
  • edited December 2013
    Should be based on forum votes only IMO, otherwise the person with the most followers would have an advantage or am I getting this wrong?
  • edited December 2013
    Agree with you snuffer but it should just be decided by SKY in my opinion.
  • edited December 2013
    Yeah, think forum vote or just Sky decision is best, as it leaves the best opportunity for whichever is actually the best video to win rather than the person with the most followers.

It's hard to see a fair way to start the count tbh Jonjo, if they count ALL retweets then earlier posters have an advantage cos they have more time, but if they do it from 1st Jan then late posters have an advantage cos others maybe have had 20 people retweet already that won't be counted and those people can't retweet again (afaik).

But hey, we can't complain, at this rate it looks like about 1in6 chance of winning a £1100 seat for free, can't be bad!!

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: One of the best +EV decisions...:
    Yeah, think forum vote or just Sky decision is best, as it leaves the best opportunity for whichever is actually the best video to win rather than the person with the most followers. It's hard to see a fair way to start the count tbh Jonjo, if they count ALL retweets then earlier posters have an advantage cos they have more time, but if they do it from 1st Jan then late posters have an advantage cos others maybe have had 20 people retweet already that won't be counted and those people can't retweet again (afaik). But hey, we can't complain, at this rate it looks like about 1in6 chance of winning a £1100 seat for free, can't be bad!!
    Posted by Lambert180
    Only just clicked what your vid was for .

Thought you,d lost a bet or something and had to make a youtube vid

imo this comp leaves to many ppl out (for such a big prize) . Most ppl on here can,t even upload vids to youtube and some like myself can only do it through a webcam so can,t produce anything like Lamberts video

I,d take 6/1 on you winning it all day long
  • edited December 2013
    Any chance SKY can confirm how winner will be decided?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: One of the best +EV decisions...:
    Yeah, think forum vote or just Sky decision is best, as it leaves the best opportunity for whichever is actually the best video to win rather than the person with the most followers. It's hard to see a fair way to start the count tbh Jonjo, if they count ALL retweets then earlier posters have an advantage cos they have more time, but if they do it from 1st Jan then late posters have an advantage cos others maybe have had 20 people retweet already that won't be counted and those people can't retweet again (afaik). But hey, we can't complain, at this rate it looks like about 1in6 chance of winning a £1100 seat for free, can't be bad!!
    Posted by Lambert180

Agree totally with this statement as this does seem the fairest way without anyone being able to have any advantage whether it be frm posting earlier/later or for being very popular on the forum.