You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The "rainman" deepy

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
Today I am playing the now famous £2.20 @ 2.20 deepy.

There have been a lot of negative threads/post of late so it has been a breath of fresh air to read rainman's daily threads. He may have developed an unhealthy obsession for this mtt........but it is paying off. The likes of Anna, Tikay and Orford have made guest appearances due to his daily persistence!!

I think Sky should recognise this and:

1. Stick a small guarantee on the tourney. Perhaps £30 - £50. This could help further boost numbers.

2. Name the mtt after the great man himself. The Rainman Deepstack (or something along those lines).

Come on Sky it's Christmas!!

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I voted yes, but the guarantee should be more like £100!
  • edited December 2013
    The rainman brings you sunshine, deepstack... nice post Waller..

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The "rainman" deepy:
    I voted yes, but the guarantee should be more like £100!
    Posted by LARSON7
    I think £100 might be a bit optimistic to start with. I'm not sure of the current numbers but I don't think it has had 50 runners yet?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
  • edited December 2013
    Definitely put a gntee on.

If an MTT isn't worthy of a gntee it shouldn't be there at all imo, just clogs the lobby up and makes it harder for the ones with a guarantee to be successful.

£52.20 gtd deepy. maybe :P
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The "rainman" deepy : I think £100 might be a bit optimistic to start with. I'm not sure of the current numbers but I don't think it has had 50 runners yet?? Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Posted by waller02
    lol i meant to say £1000, 100 was a typo
  • edited December 2013
    Good afternoon Waller.
    Thank you very much for the poll and entering £2.20  @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    I will refrain from voting myself, but am very touched.
    All the best
    Rainman397
    P.S to the 4 couldnt care less votes i think one was my wife. 
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to The "rainman" deepy:
    Today I am playing the now famous £2.20 @ 2.20 deepy.
    Posted by waller02
    I thought it was at 4PM?? :p
  • edited December 2013
    Stick a £22.20 guarantee on it.
  • edited December 2013
    I have to say, it's closer than I thought it would be. Whoever has voted no should be hanging their heads in shame right now!!!

BAH HUMBUGS!
  • edited December 2013
    I have to say, it's closer than I thought it would be. Whoever has voted no should be hanging their heads in shame right now!!! BAH HUMBUGS!
    Posted by waller02

Why? Because they have a different opinion to you?
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The "rainman" deepy : Why? Because they have a different opinion to you?
    Posted by FCHD
    have too say i just find it all boring.

was funny too start with but just taking it too far. every post u go on there it is again and again very boring!

• edited December 2013
    I have to say, it's closer than I thought it would be. Whoever has voted no should be hanging their heads in shame right now!!! BAH HUMBUGS!
    Posted by waller02
    Shock horror Ryan I voted no. The reason? Woogie used to promote this and got good fields but no one suggested naming it after him. But mainly cos I badgered Skypoker to introduce more Megastacks and no one named them after me. Bah humbug!

And I agree with gracious all credit to rainman for his promotions but even the best joke in the world becomes unfunny after the thousandth repeat. But i'll still play it when I can.
  • edited December 2013
    My apolgies to anyone i seem to have upset or bored that wasnt my intention.
    All i set out to do was play against poker players better than me for very little money.
    I enjoy playing poker and have only been playing for 2 years , i dont mind losing as long as i enjoy the game.
    So once again my sincere apolgies.
    All the best
    Rainman397
    Happy Christmas all.
  • edited December 2013
    My apolgies to anyone i seem to have upset or bored that wasnt my intention. All i set out to do was play against poker players better than me for very little money. I enjoy playing poker and have only been playing for 2 years , i dont mind losing as long as i enjoy the game. So once again my sincere apolgies. All the best Rainman397 Happy Christmas all.
    Posted by rainman397
    Well done on all your efforts rainman but maybe just start one thread and change the title dailly it will still be on the 1st page that way.

then people will have no reason too complain about too many threads or comments on various threads from your fine self.

well done on the massive field in todays game as well.all down too your effort.

good luck in all you do and i hope you have a great xmas and new year.

all the best churchy.....P.S u have my vote for top of the posts..:@)
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The "rainman" deepy : Well done on all your efforts rainman but maybe just start one thread and change the title dailly it will still be on the 1st page that way. then people will have no reason too complain about too many threads or comments on various threads from your fine self. well done on the massive field in todays game as well.all down too your effort. good luck in all you do and i hope you have a great xmas and new year. all the best churchy.....P.S u have my vote for top of the posts..:@)
    Posted by churchy18
    85 runners Today - give the guy a break - don't "Rain" on his parade :)
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The "rainman" deepy : 85 runners Today - give the guy a break - don't "Rain" on his parade :)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    as i said trev well done rainman....but every post you go on there is the same thing it gets a bit tedious and i don,t think i am the only one who thinks this.

as i already said as well i have put rainman up for top of the posts but there is only so far you can run before being out of breath and i think this is the last deep breath!! no offence meant rainman. but there is too far and then there is the 2.20...

hope u all have a great christmas and a brilliant new year
  • edited December 2013
    Keep it up Rainman!

I will play one day when I'm not at work.
  • edited December 2013

Morning all.

I very much doubt that the business will re-name this Tourney.

The practice of naming tourneys after players can be a little difficult, what happens if the person stops playing, or falls out of love with poker, or with Sky Poker? Gets a little awkward, then....

We ALL now associate the £2.20 @ 2.20 with rainman, deservedly so, & that seems to work just fine.
  • edited December 2013
    My apolgies to anyone i seem to have upset or bored that wasnt my intention. All i set out to do was play against poker players better than me for very little money. I enjoy playing poker and have only been playing for 2 years , i dont mind losing as long as i enjoy the game. So once again my sincere apolgies. All the best Rainman397 Happy Christmas all.
    Posted by rainman397
    I don't think you need apologise Rainy.

Your posts are scrupulously polite, always, & made with good & honourable intent. 

Some complain that you overdo it a bit, & I can see their point, but it's hardly the worst thing in the world, imo. 

I'd much rather see you bigging up a Tourney than the relentless barrage of complaints about Freerolls, the trolls, or people persistently digging each other out.

A little perspective is needed. Half the world are without fresh water, or even running water, people are starving in many countries, & even here at home, many folks are without electricity after the recent bad weather, & some old folks cannot afford heating, or are homeless. Seen in that wider context, the inconvenience or irritation of a bit of well-intended spamming is not really something we ought to get too upset about.  

It is well-intended, & in a sometimes evil & toxic world, that'll do for me.

The DTD Tourneys are - rightly - also bigged up a lot.   

Merry Christmas to you, & everyone else, too.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The "rainman" deepy : I don't think you need apologise Rainy. Your posts are scrupulously polite, always, & made with good & honourable intent.  Some complain that you overdo it a bit, & I can see their point, but it's hardly the worst thing in the world, imo.  I'd much rather see you bigging up a Tourney than the relentless barrage of complaints about Freerolls, the trolls, or people persistently digging each other out. A little perspective is needed. Half the world are without fresh water, or even running water, people are starving in many countries, & even here at home, many folks are without electricity after the recent bad weather, & some old folks cannot afford heating, or are homeless. Seen in that wider context, the inconvenience or irritation of a bit of well-intended spamming is not really something we ought to get too upset about.   It is well-intended, & in a sometimes evil & toxic world, that'll do for me. The DTD Tourneys are - rightly - also bigged up a lot.    Merry Christmas to you, & everyone else, too.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Putting it all in perspective. Tikay. Legend. Well said sir!

• edited December 2013

rainman exellent job of promoting now that j hartigan is leaving spare cash available maybe sky would like to poach him from his existing job with an offer for assistant promotions manager  

please do not respond in a serious manner

(tongue in cheek)
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The "rainman" deepy : I don't think you need apologise Rainy. Your posts are scrupulously polite, always, & made with good & honourable intent.  Some complain that you overdo it a bit, & I can see their point, but it's hardly the worst thing in the world, imo.  I'd much rather see you bigging up a Tourney than the relentless barrage of complaints about Freerolls, the trolls, or people persistently digging each other out. A little perspective is needed. Half the world are without fresh water, or even running water, people are starving in many countries, & even here at home, many folks are without electricity after the recent bad weather, & some old folks cannot afford heating, or are homeless. Seen in that wider context, the inconvenience or irritation of a bit of well-intended spamming is not really something we ought to get too upset about.   It is well-intended, & in a sometimes evil & toxic world, that'll do for me. The DTD Tourneys are - rightly - also bigged up a lot.    Merry Christmas to you, & everyone else, too.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Mr. Kendall, i agree with everything you say, but in the perspective of a poker forum where its maybe 90% of the same users that use this place then it can be abit repetative. All for bigging up tourneys but not spamming 99% of new posts
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: The "rainman" deepy : Hi Mr. Kendall, i agree with everything you say, but in the perspective of a poker forum where its maybe 90% of the same users that use this place then it can be abit repetative. All for bigging up tourneys but not spamming 99% of new posts
    Posted by seppe
    Hi seppe,

Yes, you make a fair point about "perspective", which I take.

However, "repetitive" is hardly a disaster, or something to get upset or irritated about - it's done with good intent. Instead of moaning, he's being constructive, & even with perspective, I hardly think it is something we need to let bother us. If that is the worst thing we see on here - & it's not - it would not really adversely affect our enjoyment of our poker chat here on the community.

LOTS of stuff or people on here irritate or annoy some of us, but a little tolerance of what pleases others would not seem unreasonable to me. Posts by x & y irritate me, so I just skip past them, & don't read. It takes me a nanamilliquillisecond to see a Post by x or Y & decide "I won't bother reading that".

He also had the good grace to apologise if he offended anyone.

I'm not so much disagreeing with you, as trying to present a little balance, some Devil's advocacy. I'll admit, incidentally, a weakness for good manners, & rainy is at least polite & respectful at all times.

Have a great 2014 Mr Seppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. 

• edited December 2013
    Have not been on for a few days so this is the first time I have seen some of these posts.

I only started this thread for a bit of fun and was a bit shocked to see some of negative posts. Seriously, some people need to lighten up a bit. Yes, rainmain was constantly "reminding" us about the deepy but, as others have mentioned, the guy has manners and nothing but respect for other forum users.

I would say a good 10% of recent threads/posts have been quite the opposite so personally I found his daily threads a breath of fresh air, but each to their own and all that.

rainman, I apologise for any posts that may have offended/upset you as a result of this thread.

Happy New Year all
  • edited December 2013
    Have not been on for a few days so this is the first time I have seen some of these posts. I only started this thread for a bit of fun and was a bit shocked to see some of negative posts. Seriously, some people need to lighten up a bit. Yes, rainmain was constantly "reminding" us about the deepy but, as others have mentioned, the guy has manners and nothing but respect for other forum users. I would say a good 10% of recent threads/posts have been quite the opposite so personally I found his daily threads a breath of fresh air, but each to their own and all that. rainman, I apologise for any posts that may have offended/upset you as a result of this thread. Happy New Year all
    Posted by waller02
    Good afternoon Waller
    No need to apologise, negative posts on forum dont offend me. the good posts outweigh them.
     I will still try 2 keep promoting the £2.20 @2.20.
    All the best.
    AND HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE.
    Rainman397