You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

!!!!! fed up!!!!! win on the river!!!!!

edited January 2010 in Area 51

I have seen this time and time again, if you go all in against someone with more chips evan if you have top pair or evan if you have trips you get beat on the river card. 

/>Is this just bad luck or sky software taking people out?

/>have you seen this happen?

/>do you rip your hair out like me?

/>Do you find your self swearing at the screen?

Let me know voice your opion here right now let it all out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK feel better now merry christmas

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Its definitely the software that deals you the bad beat, its designed to deal cards, however it is still random cards that are generated. As for being on the river, if its all in preflop it makes no difference weather its the 1st card that beats you or the last, its still the same, it just feels worse because you had that little bit of expectation that you were gonna win, and it was ripped away from you. As for chip stacks it does not effect the cards, again probably feels worse cos your knocked out as opposed to if you lose when you are the chip leader your still in and can take the 'hit' One final point you dont give the hands you are all in with and your position or how desperate you were in the chip stacks, maybe have a look at what your shoving with and when your shoving with it. One more little snippet that i try sometimes, if you have say 1500 chips, are short stacked say blinds are 100/200 and you get a pair, instead of going all in preflop and letting a caller see 5 cards like the river you stated, why not go say 500 and then after the flop go all in with the other 1000 no matter what, its sometimes more profitable than just an all in, and asks your opponent a questionNow off to area 51 with you we have a dedicated team (irishrover) waiting for you to give you counselling
  • edited December 2009
    ...........what loony said!!!!!!

Now off to area 51 with you! lol

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re:!!!!! fed up!!!!! win on the river!!!!!:
    Its definitely the software that deals you the bad beat, its designed to deal cards, however it is still random cards that are generated. As for being on the river, if its all in preflop it makes no odds weather its the 1st card or the last, its still the same, just feels worse because you had that little bit of expectation that you were gonna win, and it was ripped away from you. As for chip stacks it des not effect the cards, again probably feels worse cos your knocked out as opposed to if you lose when you are the chip leader your still in and can take the 'hit' One final point you dont give the hands you are all in with and your position or how desperate you were in the chip stacks, maybe have a look at what your shoving with and when your shoving with it. One more little snippet that i try sometimes, if you have say 1500 chips, are short stacked say blinds are 100/200 and you get a pair, instead of going all in preflop and letting a caller see 5 cards like the river you stated, why not go say 500 and then after the flop go all in with the other 1000 no matter what, its sometimes more profitable than just an all in, and asks your opponent a question Now off to area 51 with you we have a dedicated team (irishrover) waiting for you to give you counselling
    Posted by loonytoons

Jeeezzzzuuussss did you get that out of a book Thanks lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re:!!!!! fed up!!!!! win on the river!!!!! : Jeeezzzzuuussss did you get that out of a book Thanks lol
    Posted by rawhand
    yes - my book of loonys life lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to !!!!! fed up!!!!! win on the river!!!!!:
    I have seen this time and time again, if you go all in against someone with more chips evan if you have top pair or evan if you have trips you get beat on the river card.  />Is this just bad luck or sky software taking people out?   />have you seen this happen? />do you rip your hair out like me? />Do you find your self swearing at the screen? Let me know voice your opion here right now let it all out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OK feel better now merry christmas
    Posted by rawhand
    don't rip your hair out mate!

i used to get myself wound up, punch stuff and kick things etc but i've seen and played so many "bad beats" etc that nothing surprises me anymore, i still swear but i swear at the television so thats never going to change

people say "that's poker!" and it's so true, it is very complex, all you can do is play the best that you can play, and accept that these bad things will happen now and again
  • edited January 2010
    I can certainly say this isn't the case, as everytime i go ahead against short stack, the little buggerz come back on the river and half my stack lol
  • edited January 2010
    Lol same here Gavin
  • edited January 2010
    try this then for bad beat of the day
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Wingman002 Small blind  15.00 15.00 3145.00
    SAZZ83 Big blind  30.00 45.00 480.00
      Your hole cards
    • J

fixbykid Fold     
    WinBail Fold     
    4fingersAA Fold     
    sim75 Raise  90.00 135.00 2105.00
    Wingman002 Raise  135.00 270.00 3010.00
    SAZZ83 Fold     
    sim75 Call  60.00 330.00 2045.00
    Flop

Wingman002 Check     
    sim75 Bet  165.00 495.00 1880.00
    Wingman002 All-in  3010.00 3505.00 0.00
    sim75 All-in  1880.00 5385.00 0.00
    Wingman002 Unmatched bet  965.00 4420.00 965.00
    Wingman002 Show
    • A
    • A

sim75 Show
    • J

Turn

River

• A

Wingman002 Win Full House, Aces and 8s 4420.00  5385.00
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to !!!!! fed up!!!!! win on the river!!!!! : don't rip your hair out mate! i used to get myself wound up, punch stuff and kick things etc but i've seen and played so many "bad beats" etc that nothing surprises me anymore, i still swear but i swear at the television so thats never going to change people say "that's poker!" and it's so true, it is very complex, all you can do is play the best that you can play, and accept that these bad things will happen now and again
    Posted by beginluck
    and then 100 trillion hands later,that old chestnut VARIANCE will let u win a hand when ur ahead and thatll make u feel so much better,u'll be no richer,but u will feel so much better.MY RSS.
  • edited January 2010
    I had a full head of hair before I registered on Sky Poker, alas I am know as bald as the mouse mat next to my keyboard.
  • edited January 2010
    I had a full head of hair before I registered on Sky Poker, alas I am know as bald as the mouse mat next to my keyboard.
    Posted by emilyegg
    And as you can see from the picture, I have now lost my eyes, ears, mouth and nose (in a cash game)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re:!!!!! fed up!!!!! win on the river!!!!! : And as you can see from the picture, I have now lost my eyes, ears, mouth and nose (in a cash game)
    Posted by emilyegg
    s'funny that ,i fawt id found my long lost twin