You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Has the 7.15pm quarter final game for the UKPC been discontinued?

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
As per title really - has the 7.15pm £11.50 quarter final game for the UKPC been discontinued?  I know Sky have discontinued the Thursday night £27.00 rebuy game for the UKPC game already but really hope it's not now only down to £52 semi direct buy ins?

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Has the 7.15pm quarter final game for the UKPC been discontinued?:
    As per title really - has the 7.15pm £11.50 quarter final game for the UKPC been discontinued?  I know Sky have discontinued the Thursday night £27.00 rebuy game for the UKPC game already but really hope it's not now only down to £52 semi direct buy ins?
    Posted by IrishRose
    Hi Rose.

I honestly don't know, so I am only guessing, but it MAY be absent this evening in order to make way for UKOPS.

UKOPS runs for 4 nights (starting tonight) & so the site is rammed full of UKOPS Satelites, so they may be giving some of the UKPC sats a short rest until after UKOPS. It might be self-defeating to run both on the same evenings.

If I am correct, I'd also guess that once UKOPS has completed, the UKPC satellites will return in force.

Apologies in advance if I am incorrect, but it sort of looks that way to me.

Hope you are having a lovely Xmas.   
  • edited December 2013
    looks like there are no ukpc sattelites as the ukops is on
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Has the 7.15pm quarter final game for the UKPC been discontinued?:
    [QUOTE]looks like there are no ukpc sattelites as the ukops is on
    Posted by IDONKCALLU

There are EIGHT UKPC Satellites currently scheduled for this evening, as far as I can see.

I'm not sure why the 7.15 that Rose mentioned is missing, but it may be for the reasons I previously stated. Or they may have just forgotten to schedule it.

Who knows how & why these things happen?, as they so often said in Lake Wobegon Days. 

• edited December 2013
    Hi all,

There has been some changes to the normal schedule, to allow for the UKOPS satellites.
    As Tikay has stated, there are some All-in and direct sats in the lobby now for UKPC. The schedule will return to normal after UKOPS.

Thanks
    Lee
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Has the 7.15pm quarter final game for the UKPC been discontinued?:
    In Response to Re: Has the 7.15pm quarter final game for the UKPC been discontinued? : [QUOTE ]looks like there are no ukpc sattelites as the ukops is on Posted by IDONKCALLU
    There are EIGHT UKPC Satellites currently scheduled for this evening, as far as I can see. I'm not sure why the 7.15 that Rose mentioned is missing, but it may be for the reasons I previously stated. Or they may have just forgotten to schedule it. Who knows how & why these things happen?, as they so often said in Lake Wobegon Days.    
    Posted by Tikay10

Many thanks Tikay - there definately wasn't any sats showing for tonight when I checked earlier - but maybe my computer hadn't woken up properly yet lol.

Hope you had a great Christmas - and good luck tonight in the main and mini
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Has the 7.15pm quarter final game for the UKPC been discontinued? : There are EIGHT UKPC Satellites currently scheduled for this evening, as far as I can see. I'm not sure why the 7.15 that Rose mentioned is missing, but it may be for the reasons I previously stated. Or they may have just forgotten to schedule it. Who knows how & why these things happen?, as they so often said in Lake Wobegon Days.     Posted by Tikay10
    Many thanks Tikay - there definately wasn't any sats showing for tonight when I checked earlier - but maybe my computer hadn't woken up properly yet lol. Hope you had a great Christmas - and good luck tonight in the main and mini
    Posted by IrishRose

Thanks Rose, maybe they were not scheduled then, & the crafty so & so's just sneaked them in. Who knows?

Have a good evening. I shall mostly be crushing the Main & Mini.

It will be sick*

* Not decided yet if that is good sick (we had a sick villa in Vegas) or bad sick (I took a sick beat last night).

Do you find it odd that poker players use the same word for two opposite meanings entirely?

I certainly do. 

Wicked.**

** That means good. Or bad.    
  • edited December 2013
    Yeah right. Did you know , Tikay, that that meant `wrong`. Wonderful thing the English language.