You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum Timeouts/General Improvements

Not sure if this is in the right section as I know this is meant for feedback on the software (which I think is great).

There's just a few niggles I have with the forum itself that I imagine could be easily fixed:

1. Forum Timeouts
There's been so many times I've written a long post, hit submit and the forum tells me my login has expired. When I log back in the post is lost forever and I'm forced to write the whole thing again. I don't think it would take much to add a bit of code that saves whatever you've written and then posts it automatically for you when you've logged back in. I know I'm not the only one that's suffered from this annoyance.

2. User Control Panel
On vBulletin forums there is something called a 'UserCP'. When you contribute to a thread, you are automatically subscribed to updates on it. In the UserCP, it tells you clearly when a thread you are subscribed to has been updated, when it was updated and who by. The 'My Latest Discussions' in this forum seems to be the closest thing to that, but all that seems to show is the latest contributions I have made. I don't want to see this - I want to see when a thread that I'm involved with has been replied to by someone else so that I can then go in and respond to it. At the moment, if you're involved with lots of discussions, it's too hard to keep up with all of them. Unless there is some other area in My Profile that I've missed that does list all this stuff.

3. Show the Most Recent Action in a Thread
When you open up a thread, it takes you to the first page in that thread. I think it would be better if it took you to the last page in the thread, since most people reading the thread are likely to be regular contributors to it and want to see the latest action. Obviously this is a much more trivial niggle than the two above, but I still think it's an improvement that could be made easily.

Comments

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Forum Timeouts/General Improvements:
    Not sure if this is in the right section as I know this is meant for feedback on the software (which I think is great). There's just a few niggles I have with the forum itself that I imagine could be easily fixed: 1. Forum Timeouts There's been so many times I've written a long post, hit submit and the forum tells me my login has expired. When I log back in the post is lost forever and I'm forced to write the whole thing again. I don't think it would take much to add a bit of code that saves whatever you've written and then posts it automatically for you when you've logged back in. I know I'm not the only one that's suffered from this annoyance. 2. User Control Panel On vBulletin forums there is something called a 'UserCP'. When you contribute to a thread, you are automatically subscribed to updates on it. In the UserCP, it tells you clearly when a thread you are subscribed to has been updated, when it was updated and who by. The 'My Latest Discussions' in this forum seems to be the closest thing to that, but all that seems to show is the latest contributions I have made. I don't want to see this - I want to see when a thread that I'm involved with has been replied to by someone else so that I can then go in and respond to it. At the moment, if you're involved with lots of discussions, it's too hard to keep up with all of them. Unless there is some other area in My Profile that I've missed that does list all this stuff. 3. Show the Most Recent Action in a Thread When you open up a thread, it takes you to the first page in that thread. I think it would be better if it took you to the last page in the thread, since most people reading the thread are likely to be regular contributors to it and want to see the latest action. Obviously this is a much more trivial niggle than the two above, but I still think it's an improvement that could be made easily.
    Posted by PokerNoon
    Click the yellow star to go to the most recent unread post.
  • edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Forum Timeouts/General Improvements:
    In Response to Forum Timeouts/General Improvements : Click the yellow star to go to the most recent unread post.
    Posted by splashies
    Lots of people miss that!

This forum really needs to move to VB or similiar (anything but Pluck!). It lacks so many required features, particularly from a moderation point-of-view (remember from the days I did it!).

• edited December 2013
    In Response to Re: Forum Timeouts/General Improvements:
    In Response to Re: Forum Timeouts/General Improvements : Lots of people miss that! This forum really needs to move to VB or similiar (anything but Pluck!). It lacks so many required features, particularly from a moderation point-of-view (remember from the days I did it!).
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Yeah, I had no idea about that until Splashies helpfully pointed it out.

Out of all the forums I've been on, I think VB seems to be the best in terms of functionality and ease of use.