You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can u get tells online? timebar etc

edited December 2013 in Poker Chat
we all have notes after u played with some 1 for a while at the same table when hands get to showdown etc

but if ya on a table and some 1 calls a bet really quick instead of slowly is that a tell i remember a while back ryan spittles says if u call a bet really quick u havent got much or ya on a draw   im kinda getting paranoid lately when i play that i dnt wanna click my button to quick just incase i give any tells haha

Comments

• edited December 2013
    I think it's one of those things that's person-specific...if you can get reads on an individual player and remember for next time, that's good.

But the problem is that everyone knows about this sort of stuff now, so people will play around with it. I'm sure there are plenty of folks either calling immediately or alternatively tanking for deception purposes. Hell I've done it enough times and I've only been playing 2 months, so I'm sure more experienced players do it all the time.
  • edited December 2013
    I always mix up my response times just in case I'm giving away something I'm not aware of.

However, I am certain that you can tell if some players are strong or weak based on response time, I've made it work in my favour many times :-)
  • edited December 2013
    90% of the time if someone calls quickly, yes its a draw or weak hand but you also have to see if these guys are multi tablers as a lot of time these people already know what they are going to do so that tell becomes defunct.  Its just something extra you need to have in your notes. 

No matter what people say though if you can pick up time tells its pretty hard for that person to mix it up or change as when your multi-tabling you cant always be aware of how long you take to make decisions and what information that may give your opponent.