You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

odds

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
The other night on Primo Mr Giddins did a calculation. One player hit a flush ( diamonds if I remember right ) on the Turn and Mr G said the odds , assuming his opponent had a diamond, of the river also being a diamond was 3 - 1 . But surely , given that leaves 7 diamonds unseen ( 6 out ) and 44 cards left unseen that makes roughly 1 in six = 5 -1 odds and the chance of his opponent having a better flush more like 20 - 1 . Have I missed something or is r. G. wrong.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    I would agree with you about the 5-1 odds.
    i can't comment on the 20-1 without knowing what the values of the diamonds were.
  • edited December 2009
    your right  if was a flush draw on the flop  leave him 9 outs divede the 9 in to 47 unseen cards gives 5 to1 same for the river
  • edited December 2009
    If I remember rightly I think there were three higher cards to come. It just shows even the experts can be wrong. lol
    I would agree with you about the 5-1 odds. i can't comment on the 20-1 without knowing what the values of the diamonds were.
    Posted by MereNovice
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: odds:
    If I remember rightly I think there were three higher cards to come. It just shows even the experts can be wrong. lol
    Posted by tiercel
    The analyst in the studio has to do it all in real time whilst dealing with all the other distractions of a live show - not a job that I would fancy!

If there are 3 cards to make a higher flush to come that makes 3 of 44 cards which is about 14-1.