You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***The Main/Mini Leaderboard 2014 - year completed***

Comments

• edited January 2014
    ONE WEEK REMAINING!

Prizes to be issued by Sky for the month of January, as detailed in the opening post, and unless TommyD is the only runner over the next seven days, he won't be amongst them. He's even running a few plaes behind hhyftrftdr, and we all know how bad a player he is ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Well, after he stitched me up good and proper in last night's Mini Roller (when I was sailing towards the final table) I am on the verge of trolling MattBates, entering every tournament he plays, and making it my solitary mission to take as many chips from his little Hobbit hands as possible! He didn't even have the skills to go on and win the tournament after he stole all my chips!

I am also going to request that DTD implement a height restriction in their cardroom before the UKPC.

Sigh.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ***The Main/Mini Leaderboard 2014***:
    Well, after he stitched me up good and proper in last night's Mini Roller (when I was sailing towards the final table) I am on the verge of trolling MattBates , entering every tournament he plays, and making it my solitary mission to take as many chips from his little Hobbit hands as possible! He didn't even have the skills to go on and win the tournament after he stole all my chips! I am also going to request that DTD implement a height restriction in their cardroom before the UKPC. Sigh.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Confirmed fish for not winning last night!

When will people learn not to get in coin flips v me
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ***The Main/Mini Leaderboard 2014*** : Confirmed fish for not winning last night! When will people learn not to get in coin flips v me
    Posted by MattBates
    Their just flipping with their aces.

At the UKPC, instead of having a beatbox comp we should have a luckbox comp between MattBates and Yoyo.  Winner gets a night with Orford as company.  Loser gets 2 nights
  • edited January 2014
    Only four days left before the prizes are confirmed for the leaderboard!

If you want to know your position (if you haven't been keeping track yourself), just ask, and information ye shall receive.
  • edited January 2014
    SCREWW THE ALPHABET!  PUT ME BACK IN THE TOP 20!
  • edited January 2014
    SCREWW THE ALPHABET!  PUT ME BACK IN THE TOP 20!
    Posted by gazza127
    You currently sit 33rd in the combined table, sir ;)

You have the nineteenth unique score on the list.

But yeah - 33rd, mate.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ***The Main/Mini Leaderboard 2014*** : You currently sit 33rd in the combined table, sir ;) You have the nineteenth unique score on the list. But yeah - 33rd, mate.
    Posted by Slipwater

Talking about just the ME table....
  • edited January 2014
    Ah, that... it isn't in alphabetical order.

It's ordered by potential ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Great Work Brian!!!

Impressive!!!
  • edited January 2014
    Great Work Brian!!! Impressive!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Thanks Dave - not as much work as it may seem (but probably still more than it needs to be - I'm not a Master of Excel! I could probably compress the time even further).

THREE DAYS LEFT!
  • edited January 2014
    Hi,

Great thread and well done for all the effort involved in updating on a daily basis.

I can understand why you have limited the tables on the opening page but I just wondered if you would publish more comprehensive tables at month end, say the top 100 in each or whatever is reasonable?

Cheers

Simon
  • edited January 2014
    Hi, Great thread and well done for all the effort involved in updating on a daily basis. I can understand why you have limited the tables on the opening page but I just wondered if you would publish more comprehensive tables at month end, say the top 100 in each or whatever is reasonable? Cheers Simon
    Posted by Lightwood
    I'm not sure if a comprehensive list is viable - we are talking about hundreds upon hundreds of names. I guess it can be made available. Perhaps I will open a closed thread with each month's results. Undecided.

But out of interest, you are currently 88th in the combined table :)

I'm seriously beginning to dislike pocket aces. After getting it in against MattBates and watching his AK hit a straight deep in the Mini Roller on Sunday, I got them in against NooGooood and his pocket 10s last night, deep in the Mini Rebuy, only to watch him hit a straight too. It's tough, because I really fancied my chances on both occasions.

Oh well...
  • edited January 2014
    It's the deciding night, folks!

There's still fourteen players who could walk away with the prize for the Main Event... only two however, who can lift the Mini crown.

But remember: although prizes are only being given out by Sky for January, this leaderboard will continue throughout 2014, so there is plenty of time to make your mark if you haven't already... I have a grand total of 2 Mini points, so I include myself in that list! :)
  • edited January 2014
    sooper idea m8 love it wd !!!!!1
  • edited February 2014
    Congratulations to Clyde420 for heading the January leaderboard for the Main Event and FlashFlush for winning taking the Mini (having led most of the way)! Clyde420 wins a £110 Super Roller entry, while FlashFlush wins a £55 Primo ticket, and the accolade of leading the Combined Table as we go in to February!

sam1986 and supercrazy pick up a £33 tournament entry for being runners-up in the Main and Mini respectively.

Viking25 and Bear_Proof take the third spot and £11 to use in the Bingo Frenzy on Tuesday... or any other event to that value.

Great prizes, and for what? No extra work, just a great offer from the bigwigs :)

Well done to everyone who has taken this idea on board and has (perhaps) used it as motivation to make an effort. This leaderboard will continue throughout the year, so there's nothing to stop any one of you making an impact and getting your name up there.

Do it!
  • edited February 2014
    Thanks for running this Brian. Glad I got the month/year off to such a good start because since half way I've run terrible!

I am not available to use the Primo seat tonight, so please could it be changed for next week for me please.

Thanks again, Charlie
  • edited February 2014
    you running a feb only table as well as cumulative?
    having monthly challenges increases the fun factor imho
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ***The Main/Mini Leaderboard 2014 - JANUARY RESULTS***:
    Thanks for running this Brian. Glad I got the month/year off to such a good start because since half way I've run terrible! I am not available to use the Primo seat tonight, so please could it be changed for next week for me please. Thanks again, Charlie
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hey Flash - well done on the January results - Sky have not got back to me yet about the tickets (so I'm glad you couldn't use it last night), but I will get onto them asap - may even start a thread to draw their attention... ;)
  • edited February 2014
    you running a feb only table as well as cumulative? having monthly challenges increases the fun factor imho
    Posted by GELDY
    Hmmm - I did suggest I may do this, but not sure, as it currently takes 40-45 minutes to do the cumulative one. After I add in the results from last night (incoming by 4pm) I will have a think about it.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ***The Main/Mini Leaderboard 2014 - JANUARY RESULTS*** : Hmmm - I did suggest I may do this, but not sure, as it currently takes 40-45 minutes to do the cumulative one. After I add in the results from last night (incoming by 4pm) I will have a think about it.
    Posted by Slipwater
    cumulative = jan + feb so minimal extra work (& latest cumulative = current month + cumulative as at previous month end in future)
    and you could probably get away with reporting the cumulative on a weekly basis

ps your efforts very appreciated
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ***The Main/Mini Leaderboard 2014 - JANUARY RESULTS*** : cumulative = jan + feb so minimal extra work (& latest cumulative = current month + cumulative as at previous month end in future) and you could probably get away with reporting the cumulative on a weekly basis ps your efforts very appreciated
    Posted by GELDY
    Perhaps this is simple to those who are Masters of Excel, but that ain't me! I'm more a Word guy.
  • edited February 2014
    We hit a bit of a milestone last night. The Main and Mini leaderboards each have over 500 players with at least one point!

Last night JCordy became the second player to take down two Main Events in 2014, so congratulations to... him/her/it ;)

It must have been a particularly soft field in the Mini because I managed to get 9th, and Malcolm (hhyftrftdr) even sneaked a 4th!
  • edited February 2014
    Great work Brain, will have to enter some more mini's, sadly the main is out of my br ;'(
  • edited February 2014
    Great work Brain, will have to enter some more mini's, sadly the main is out of my br ;'(
    Posted by j3ono
    Well, I have definitely been called worse... ;)

Table has been updated, with a few minor tweaks.
  • edited February 2014
      Nice one!!! Buzzin now me!! Thx for the Email, I would have never known I'd won a ticket. It's been a proper lucky start to the year.. Cheers :D
  • edited February 2014
      Nice one!!! Buzzin now me!! Thx for the Email, I would have never known I'd won a ticket. It's been a proper lucky start to the year.. Cheers :D
    Posted by Clyde420
    No worries, Clyde - well done! Tell me when, and I'll email Sky.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: ***The Main/Mini Leaderboard 2014*** : No worries, Clyde - well done! Tell me when, and I'll email Sky.
    Posted by Slipwater
     Cheers, i'll do this Sundays please.
     I did just chat to Sky, they said as long as i'm logged on on, Sunday at 8pm, they will register me.
     Can have a nap thru the satalites now :)
     Nice work getting all this done...

• edited February 2014
    I'm going to be off for a couple of weeks (the week before, and the week of the UKPC) so I may not be able to update this every morning during that time... see how it goes.
  • edited February 2014
    There are now over 1000 players on the BragBoard!

I wonder how many we can get by the end of the year...