You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NEW PROMO

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Can we have a promo, for the over 55s, who grind 1 or at a push 2 tables 3/4 times a week for a few hours.
The prize, a cruise for 2....thanks.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Has a new promo started?  Would be nice if someone started a thread about it if it has
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to NEW PROMO:
    Can we have a promo, for the over 55s, who grind 1 or at a push 2 tables 3/4 times a week for a few hours. The prize, a cruise for 2....thanks.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    No, I know some old people, they smell. .
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: NEW PROMO:
    Has a new promo started?  Would be nice if someone started a thread about it if it has
    Posted by cenachav
    Havn't seen one that's why i have asked if we could have one..
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to NEW PROMO : No, I know some old people, they smell. .
    Posted by Tikay10
    OF SEA SALT....
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to NEW PROMO : No, I know some old people, they smell. .
    Posted by Tikay10
    of a bag of concrete
  • edited January 2014
    Nobody needs images of over 55s grinding. They don't, do they?...
  • edited January 2014
    Nobody needs images of over 55s grinding. They don't, do they?...
    Posted by bbMike

Mike you will be old one day, and yes i'm 60 but can grind with the best of them, usually on a friday after my bath..
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by cenachav
    lmao u better tell lambert don't think he knows yet
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: NEW PROMO : Mike you will be old one day, and yes i'm 60 but can grind with the best of them, usually on a friday after my bath..
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Haha, mate I'm about half your age but spend most of my time making excuses not to grind..

And if one day I can profess to being old, I'll take that.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: NEW PROMO : of a bag of concrete
    Posted by cenachav
    Will you ever learn?

Cement comes in bags, so you can carry it, you don't carry concrete around, you lay it, or pour it. 

Cement is an ingredient of concrete. You simply add aggregate (sand, ballast, shingle), & water, then mix thoroughly, & ensure you vibrate it properly, to avoid air pockets.

Think of cement as flour, & concrete as the cake. One is an ingredient of the other.

Understand?  
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: NEW PROMO : Will you ever learn? Cement comes in bags, so you can carry it, you don't carry concrete around, you lay it, or pour it.  Cement is an ingredient of concrete. You simply add aggregate (sand, ballast, shingle), & water, then mix thoroughly, & ensure you vibrate it properly, to avoid air pockets. Think of cement as flour, & concrete as the cake. One is an ingredient of the other.   Understand?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Fold please.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to NEW PROMO:
    Can we have a promo, for the over 55s, who grind 1 or at a push 2 tables 3/4 times a week for a few hours. The prize, a cruise for 2....thanks.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    As someone who is over 55 I agree partly with your suggestion however a cruise is for old people. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: NEW PROMO : Will you ever learn? Cement comes in bags, so you can carry it, you don't carry concrete around, you lay it, or pour it.  Cement is an ingredient of concrete. You simply add aggregate (sand, ballast, shingle), & water, then mix thoroughly, & ensure you vibrate it properly, to avoid air pockets. Think of cement as flour, & concrete as the cake. One is an ingredient of the other.   Understand?  
    Posted by Tikay10
    You can still fill a bag with concrete if you want too :)
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by Tikay10
    Am I the only one turned on by this explanation?

Yeah, probably.
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by Tikay10
    You can still carry cake in a bag....
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by Tikay10
    Raise

http://www.wickes.co.uk/ready-mixed-multi-purpose-concrete-25kg/invt/154142/
  • edited January 2014
    Can we have a promo, for the over 55s, who grind 1 or at a push 2 tables 3/4 times a week for a few hours.
    The prize, A BAG OF CEMENT!.
  • edited January 2014
    Can we have a promo, for the over 55s, who grind 1 or at a push 2 tables 3/4 times a week for a few hours. The prize, A BAG OF CEMENT!.
    Posted by tomo_efc
    Absolutely outrageous that's  just age discrimination.
    What about us guys who are over 50, who grind  1 or  2 tables 3/4 times a week for a few hours
    . (tried two tables  once or twice everything seemed a bit rushed, had to have a lie down you know) I want to know where's my promo. hmmm bag of cement, that'll come in handy I could store it in my shed.

Regards Alan

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: NEW PROMO : Absolutely outrageous that's  just age discrimination. What about us guys who are over 50, who grind  1 or  2 tables 3/4 times a week for a few hours . ( tried two tables  once or twice everything seemed a bit rushed, had to have a lie down you know) I want to know where's my promo. hmmm bag of cement, that'll come in handy I could store it in my shed. Regards Alan    
    Posted by ajmilton
    80% of men between 50 and 55 have a shed, but how many have a bag of cement in it, could be worth winning, come on sky get a grip..