You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

FAO Sky - PS4 Promotion Clarification

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi Sky,

Can we please have some clarification as to what the rules are around eligibility for this promotion.

I've spoken to 2 different CC agents who have given 2 different answers, CrazyBen has also been given one of the answers I've had but not the other.

It seems there's some confusion about whether current Prio members are excluded OR whether it excludes everyone who has EVER been Prio at any point.

For instance, I haven't earned the 10,000 points to make Priority in November or December so haven't been Prio for a while, does this mean I am eligible or not?

Thanks
Paul

Comments

• edited January 2014
    It says in the T+C "Sky Poker Priority Club members will not be able to participate in this promotion."

Surely it would say previous priority club members aswell if it was the case, i didn't make priority in december either and have only ever made it in november.

It's a bit of a joke if people in my situtation are ineligible due to the misleading wording in the T+C.

Would defo like to hear some confirmation on what's going on here sky, thanks.
  • edited January 2014
    ffs so much bull about this promo,its only a ps4 get a life,it clearly states what is what in t+c
  • edited January 2014
    Quit complaining start playing Paul ;) 

P.S. who let you out of the shed. 
  • edited January 2014
    This promotion seems to have caused a lot of confusion ..

All I know for sure is whoever plays under the poker alias of "?" is currently on for 10 PS4's and 40 seats into a PS4 freeroll!

https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby/poker-promotions/playstation-leaderboard
  • edited January 2014
    Jesus Christ Lambert, either start playing or quite f******g moaning.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - PS4 Promotion Clarification:
    Quit complaining start playing Paul ;)  P.S. who let you out of the shed. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    This coming from you is golden Don!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - PS4 Promotion Clarification : This coming from you is golden Don!
    Posted by MattBates
    This is why i felt i was one of the few who could post that and it be taken in the right manner. 
  • edited January 2014

The promotion T's and C's state this...

Sky Poker Priority Club members will not be able to participate in this promotion.

The Sky Priority Club members T's and C's state this...

To remain a Priority Club Member simply continue to play and earn 10,000 or more Poker Points each month and you will continue to receive exclusive Priority Club rewards and services.Your Sky Poker Priority Club Membership will be determined based on your previous month's play. We will calculate your Poker Points for you and send you a notification email at the beginning of each month.
    Therefore Lambert from that I would assume you would be eligible. However I believe that you have tried to enter and failed, presumably sky have a list they use to block priority members.

I don't think it is that simple though Sky make the rules and if the INTENTION is to exclude anyone who was on the list of past members regardless of whether they achieved Priority status in Dec 2013 then I believe you will lose out.

Sky have the right to amend the T's and C's providing they do not adversely impact players, if you have been excluded as being on the list of past members and that was their intention, then I expect they will stick to that. Confirming that you are ineligible does not adversely impact you.

[Caveat I am no lawyer just my opinion - always get your own advice ;-) ]

Some clarification seems to be needed - Given it is a bank holiday I wouldn't expect that to come until working hours tomorrow.

Personally no axe to grind either way - never been priority so I am eligible - and equally know that I have 0 chance of making it with my B/R and playing time.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - PS4 Promotion Clarification : What's your problem? Can't you read or are you just stupid, lambert clearly states he has spoken to CC and has been given two different answers, therefore the T+C means nothing until it's been clarified. Getting a ps4 effectively doubles most peoples rakeback for the month, even more in most cases when you account for the value of the system. This a good deal for people grinding low stakes, all they have to do is put a bit more effort into the january grind then they normally would. Telling people to get a life for wanting to win one and using this a little extra incentive to pick up the volume shows just how much of douchbag you are, not to mention u missed the whole point of the thread to begin with. GG.
    Posted by foldUfairy
    t+c always comfirm in my eyes my post was tongue and cheek,humour for the win
  • edited January 2014
    I did enter the code and it said it was accepted but afaik it does the same if a prio member enters it. Having spoke to CC again (lol) I'm now pretty confident that I'm eligible
  • edited January 2014
    It would seem to make sense to encourage as much play as possible from past prio members, who clearly can put the volume in, to allow them to enter.

Might see some High stakes Russian Roulette on the 31st Jan!

Good luck to everyone who enters.

• edited January 2014
    Hello all,

This is only referring to December Priority Club Members.  Meaning if you were priority in any of the previous months except for December you will be able to participate.

December Priority Members will be able to enter the promo code but they will not be listed on the Leaderboard and therefore cannot participate.

I hope this clears everything up.  Good luck to all those participating!
  • edited January 2014
    It would seem to make sense to encourage as much play as possible from past prio members, who clearly can put the volume in, to allow them to enter.   Might see some High stakes Russian Roulette on the 31st Jan! Good luck to everyone who enters.
    Posted by Phantom66
    We will update the terms & conditions today so they are more clear to everyone.
  • edited January 2014
    To be honest I think the fact it only covers December only is not that fair. There will be some players around that usually play a high volume and make priority every month that for w/e reason didn't play much in December and so didn't make priority that can enter this promo. On the other hand there are players that have scraped into Priority for the first time/first time in ages in December and now can't enter this promo.

I think a better way to have done it would be to say exlude players that have made priority in at least 3/4 out of the last 12 months. 
  • edited January 2014
    To be honest I think the fact it only covers December only is not that fair. There will be some players around that usually play a high volume and make priority every month that for w/e reason didn't play much in December and so didn't make priority that can enter this promo. On the other hand there are players that have scraped into Priority for the first time/first time in ages in December and now can't enter this promo. I think a better way to have done it would be to say exlude players that have made priority in at least 3/4 out of the last 12 months. 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Is there ANY method which everyone would consider fair?

I'd lay very long odds against that!

Not seen you on the PLO8 DYM Tables of late. You are much missed. Ish. ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - PS4 Promotion Clarification : Is there ANY method which everyone would consider fair? I'd lay very long odds against that! Not seen you on the PLO8 DYM Tables of late. You are much missed. Ish. ;)
    Posted by Tikay10
    Probably not but that's because people like to complain! Does it seem fairer to you? 

I've not played too much in December. Planning on playing a lot more this month but will mainly be cash I think, might pop in again from time to time though on the DYM's! I don't want to ruin my 100% record though :P
  • edited January 2014
    Hello all, This is only referring to December Priority Club Members.  Meaning if you were priority in any of the previous months except for December you will be able to participate. December Priority Members will be able to enter the promo code but they will not be listed on the Leaderboard and therefore cannot participate. I hope this clears everything up.  Good luck to all those participating!
    Posted by Sky_Justin

Cheers for the reply Justin, looking forward to seeing the first leaderboard to see what kinda pace is being set.

Happy New Year

• edited January 2014
    Any rule that leaves Lambert eligable is a farce ;) 
  • edited January 2014
    Any rule that leaves Lambert eligable is a farce ;) 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Well for some reason, I aint on the leaderboard despite getting 500+ points yesterday :s
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - PS4 Promotion Clarification : Well for some reason, I aint on the leaderboard despite getting 500+ points yesterday :s
    Posted by Lambert180
    you must knoiw by now never to trust early leaderboards.

fwiw I cant see my name on the leaderboard either, not that I will feature much on it in the future coz I aint got the time for it,  but I earned roughly 250 points which was more than enough to be in the top 100 so far according to the latest table
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: FAO Sky - PS4 Promotion Clarification : t+c always comfirm in my eyes my post was tongue and cheek,humour for the win
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Fair enough if that's the case Chillie, just didn't come across like that when reading.