You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Won a Sat and now might have to work..... Spoke to live chat...

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
It does however state in the rules you cannot post Customer Care logs on the forum. 

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Hi,

I am new to sky poker in the last month and won a sat into the Super Roller this weekend. Quite happy winning it from a £24 sat and then I found out I might have to work.

I had a look at the rules and thought I would check to see if I can have it transferred or just get tourny tokens to play other smaller comps as I might have to work.

Logged on to the live chat and had a very long conversation where I was told no. Play it or lose it. I said I know other players who have had a tourny moved. I was then cut and pasted the following from the rules section

On the help and support page -  Please note that if you've won entry to a tournament via a satellite and then cancel the registration, you won't receive any money back for the cancellation as your entry was of no monetary value

I sent back.

It also states below the quote you sent me this If you are unable to make the tournament then please contact our Customer Care Team in good time in advance of the tournament and we may be able to make alternative arrangements.

Basically told that the rules don't apply to this tourny even though it doesnt say it anywhere online.

Does anybody else think this is weird as it doesn't state it anywhere in the rules that this tourny is different.

Has this happened to anyone else?

• edited January 2014
    New to the forum. Will re-edit.
  • edited January 2014
    I guess this may be specific to the Super Roller as it is not a 'Regular' scheduled event.

I know for a fact where people have had similar situations in the past it has been addressed by entering them for an alternative tournament.  My guess (and that's all it is) would be that there are no other alternative £110 tournaments into which you can be entered on the current schedule.

FWIW, I kind of agree that they shouldn't issue tokens against seats won via satellites as the purpose of the satellite is to increase the prize pool of the target tournament so to offer tokens instead would be a self defeating policy.  That said, in these circumstances I would expect that a more sensible solution could be reached rather than use it or lose it!
  • edited January 2014
    Yeah I thought a more sensilbe solution could of been reached.

But I thought it was a reg tourny now every Sunday.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Won a Sat and now might have to work..... Spoke to live chat...:
    Yeah I thought a more sensilbe solution could of been reached. But I thought it was a reg tourny now every Sunday.
    Posted by Sookie13
    Sorry, I've not been on the site a lot recently and had missed this change, in which case I would have expected they could tramsfer your entry to next week instead, but...... rules is rules!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Won a Sat and now might have to work..... Spoke to live chat...:
    Hi, I am new to sky poker in the last month and won a sat into the Super Roller this weekend. Quite happy winning it from a £24 sat and then I found out I might have to work. I had a look at the rules and thought I would check to see if I can have it transferred or just get tourny tokens to play other smaller comps as I might have to work. Logged on to the live chat and had a very long conversation where I was told no. Play it or lose it. I said I know other players who have had a tourny moved. I was then cut and pasted the following from the rules section On the help and support page -  Please note that if you've won entry to a tournament via a satellite and then cancel the registration, you won't receive any money back for the cancellation as your entry was of no monetary value I sent back.   It also states below the quote you sent me this If you are unable to make the tournament then please contact our Customer Care Team in good time in advance of the tournament and we may be able to make alternative arrangements. Basically told that the rules don't apply to this tourny even though it doesnt say it anywhere online. Does anybody else think this is weird as it doesn't state it anywhere in the rules that this tourny is different. Has this happened to anyone else?
    Posted by Sookie13
    Hi Sookie contact cc again on the telephone.

Explain to them it was an honest mistake, and you would like to use it against a bi of the same value over the next couple of weeks. They should agree to this.

One you they have told you this is possible, you will need to unregister from the game (but dont do this till sky have confirmed it's ok to do so)

Next week (or whenever you can play on the Sunday) contact cc, and tell them youd like them 2 enter you in the tournie. They should make a note on your account stating you have spoke to them, and to register you the next time you contact them.

If you get no joy from the 1st person at cc, try phoning back again. Or even use the live chat,

Basically, if the 1st person tell's you it's not possible, dont accept this as gospel, as they will allow you to re enter a same bi in tournie at a later date. But you will have to unregister yourself, once sky has confirm it is ok (they will not do it)
  • edited January 2014
    Just found this info.... don't think it was up earlier.

The £20k Super Roller

If you want to win one of the poker majors, the Super Roller is the tournament you’ll be targeting.

The cream of the poker crop will be here, but can you take down the biggest weekly tournament on the schedule? 

Players will get 10,000 chips and the blinds increase every 15 minutes, making this one of the best structured tournaments on offer.

Direct buy-in to the tournament is £110, but don't worry if that's outside of your poker budget as there will be plenty of satellites available.

Terms & Conditions

- Tournaments are available to over 18's only.

- Seats are non-transferrable, if you qualify for a tournament but can't play, you can’t transfer into another tournament.

- Sky Poker reserves the right to add, remove and/or amend these terms and conditions at any time.

- Any such amendments shall not have a detrimental effect on any participant.

- Sky Poker Management decision will be final in all cases.

- All other Sky Betting and Gaming rules apply.

• edited January 2014
    Ah well, if you can't play worth giving it a go!

Nothing ventured nothing gained.
  • edited January 2014

Terms & Conditions

- Tournaments are available to over 18's only.

- Seats are non-transferrable, if you qualify for a tournament but can't play, you can’t transfer into another tournament.

- Sky Poker reserves the right to add, remove and/or amend these terms and conditions at any time.

- Any such amendments shall not have a detrimental effect on any participant.

- Sky Poker Management decision will be final in all cases.

- All other Sky Betting and Gaming rules apply.

Give them a ring sookie
    I'm sure this can be sorted for you

Regards Alan

• edited January 2014

Go to the promotions page and type in 'WorkBeingJerks' & you'll be credited £110 instantly.

Can only do it once though.

fwiw, in future, always register the super roller before the sat starts, that way your prize for winning the sat will be £110 cash. Then you can un-register the super roller to get your £110 back, and use your winnings to manually buy in on the day, 10/15 minutes before the tournament begins when you are certain you can play.

Welcome to the forum.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Won a Sat and now might have to work..... Spoke to live chat...:
    Go to the promotions page and type in 'WorkBeingJerks' & you'll be credited £110 instantly. Can only do it once though. fwiw, in future, always register the super roller before the sat starts, that way your prize for winning the sat will be £110 cash. Then you can un-register the super roller to get your £110 back, and use your winnings to manually buy in on the day, 10/15 minutes before the tournament begins when you are certain you can play. Welcome to the forum.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Thanks.

#procheats