You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP Main Event - The Marco Wilson TimeLine - DAY TWO

2»

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event - The Marco Wilson TimeLine.:
    Unquestionably the best thing about this thread so far (without taking away Freelancer's reasonable start and hopefully good run) is the fact that Haysie is still out there! This Vegas Lite Deal sounds like the best gig ever? I'm sure I could get enough value from the food and drink to make this a (+ev trip) regardless of the poker next year. That ''+ ev'' bit was for all the 18-25 year old internet kids etc etc. Not only is Haysie still out there but the eagle eyed amongst us will have seen him registering for his standard 50 DYM a couple of hours ago. Of all British citizens nudging The Rest Haven door open, Tikay and Haysie must be living a life few others can match! All the best fellas
    Posted by NOGIMMICKS

I just spoke to Tony aka haysie and he's gone from playing a few of his fav DYM's on Sky to playing a $120 NL Deepstack event at Caesars Palace, in which he's in pretty good shape

Not a bad life hey?

:-)
  • edited July 2009

1 hour into Level 4.

He's "busy", & he's having  ball.
  • edited July 2009

End of Level 4, the penultimate Level of Day 1d.

He had a bit of a car crash, ran trips into a House, & was down to 11,000.

He's gone aggro-now, and is up to.....

• edited July 2009

An hour into the final Level of the day, he's on about 15,000.

The behatted Railing Crew of Ben & Anthony are sweating him from the Rail. Team Spirit Rules.

If he came back on Day Two with 15,000, that'd be plenty - it'd be about 25 x BB.

• edited July 2009

Half an hour from end of Play on Day 1c, & Marco is on the attack, & motoring along a treat.

His Railing Crew of Ben & Anthony has been supplemented by Adam, & Marco, cool as a cool thing, is having a Massage at the Table.

GREAT comeback, this.
  • edited July 2009

Day2b, or not to be?

The 22,000 became 5,000, then he found....ACES! - & Doubled up.

It's a "dynamic stack".

The story of a topsy-turvy Day will be on Adam's Blog, very shortly.

So, that's two Players through to Day Two - Will on 2a, & Marco on 2b.

Wonderfiul!

The Day 2a Will Brewin Timeline will commence at Noon Vegas, 8pm UK. Please sweat our Boys, they are doing us right proud.

Night all.
  • edited July 2009
    Its not over yet, keep your chin up, your into day 2 and anything can happen, best of luck.
  • edited July 2009

The full review of Day 1D is now up on site which you can find here

It was a really up and down day for Marco but it's a credit to him that he will still be there in Day 2B, most people would have done their stack in his positions....

he ran AQ into AA on an AQJ board, he ran trips 2's into 7's full of 2's, he ran QQ when he was short stacked into KK on a 10 high board.... etc etc

Not his day, but we are all proud of him and wish him all the best on Wednesday

g'night
  • edited July 2009
    I think it is a great effort to last to day 2 with the hands descibed, i agree that most people would have done their stack
    Think he must have some good reads on the players at his table.
    Keep it going Marco carry on as you are..
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    Best of luck to our man Marco this evening.  He's coming back pretty short, but not massively different to Eric Cloutier who went from having 15,000 chips at the end of day 1 to finishing day 2a second in chips overall, so anything's possible. 

C'mon Marco, get it done!!!

To get to know the man, here is a nice interview he did with Father Hen at the end of day 1d.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6tfrir9_h0
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP Main Event - The Marco Wilson TimeLine - DAY TWO:
    Best of luck to our man Marco this evening.  He's coming back pretty short, but not massively different to Eric Cloutier who went from having 15,000 chips at the end of day 1 to finishing day 2a second in chips overall, so anything's possible.  C'mon Marco, get it done!!! To get to know the man, here is a nice interview he did with Father Hen at the end of day 1d. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6tfrir9_h0
    Posted by Sky_Des
    What? WHAT?

Do you know who I am?

• edited July 2009

Good Luck to Marco today.

I just interviewed him, he's cool, & comfy, & feels no pressure. He said playing a short stack is MUCH easier than playing deep, & I agree.

I also reminded him that Will began yesterday with 30,000, & ended up with 150,000. So there's no reason why Marco cannot turn 12k into 60k, given a bit of luck.

I do not want Marco feeling "in the shade" due to Will's achievements so far, so I told Marco this is a Team Effort, & we will all share in Will's success. Except for the money. ;)

I'll keep you Posted on this Thread as to Marco's count.
  • edited July 2009
    Good Luck to Marco today. I just interviewed him, he's cool, & comfy, & feels no pressure. He said playing a short stack is MUCH easier than playing deep, & I agree. I also reminded him that Will began yesterday with 30,000, & ended up with 150,000. So there's no reason why Marco cannot turn 12k into 60k, given a bit of luck. I do not want Marco feeling "in the shade" due to Will's achievements so far, so I told Marco this is a Team Effort, & we will all share in Will's success. Except for the money. ;) I'll keep you Posted on this Thread as to Marco's count.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Tony
    He must remember hes there to play HIS game and not be bothered what Will has done.
    His game is good and we are all behind him in a big way. Go break a leg Marco.
    Please pass this onto him.
    col
  • edited July 2009
    H iTony
    Do the guys see all our post and know that we are all behind them.

col
  • edited July 2009
    Best of luck Marco, we're supporting all you guys out there! UK 3 - US 0 :-D

• edited July 2009
    Good luck Marco
  • edited July 2009

Whilst Tikay is running around he has asked me to let you all know thats after one hours play Marco is down to 5000 chips. Im sure he will update you all shortly with more news.

• edited July 2009
    Whilst Tikay is running around he has asked me to let you all know thats after one hours play Marco is down to 5000 chips. Im sure he will update you all shortly with more news.
    Posted by Sky_Claire
    Come on Marco, chip and a chair, when theres chips theres hope!
  • edited July 2009

At last, Marco finds the hand he's been waiting for - A-Q - & the dominated Customer he needed, with A-6.

So all was well - until the pesky 3-outer fell.

So Marco is OUT.

Cruel game this poker. He got his money in good, he could do no more.

He's conducted himself, often in adversity, with great dignity, & has been a perfect Ambassador for Sky Poker. We can ask no more.

He also made himself available for all our interviews & stuff, top bloke him.
  • edited July 2009
    At last, Marco finds the hand he's been waiting for - A-Q - & the dominated Customer he needed, with A-6. So all was well - until the pesky 3-outer fell. So Marco is OUT. Cruel game this poker. He got his money in good, he could do no more. He's conducted himself, often in adversity, with great dignity, & has been a perfect Ambassador for Sky Poker. We can ask no more. He also made himself available for all our interviews & stuff, top bloke him.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Great effort Marco, ul m8. you should be proud and youve had the time of your life innit.
  • edited July 2009
    The small stack always loses to the big stack in the end. Unlucky Marco, as you know - there's always next year.
    Are we going to get updates on Will#'s mate with the 65K starting stack?
  • edited July 2009
    The small stack always loses to the big stack in the end. Unlucky Marco, as you know - there's always next year. Are we going to get updates on Will#'s mate with the 65K starting stack?
    Posted by Eyeman
    He had 67,000 last time I looked, I'll go & take another butchers now, & report back.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Tikay and all sorry to see Marco go out, as a recreational / average player the guys out there with you wont know me as i dont play at their level but i have enjoyed watching their progress and respect their acheivements
  • edited July 2009

Anthony has about 81,000, & seems to be in control, & comfortable

He is a "thinking player", & knows where he is in a hand, who's at it, who's not.
  • edited July 2009
    More updates on Ant please..... brucie and will have proven that Reading uni produces the greatest poker players in the country!
  • edited July 2009
    I'm afraid Ant had a bit of an accident 1 hour into level 7, the 2nd level of the day.

He was confident he had a read on one opponent and fired a decent bluff bet on the river, unfortunately the Villain Pushed all-in and Ant could not call.

He was down to around 31000 at dinner.

Will get you an update in a moment
  • edited July 2009
    Unlucky, Marco.
    Surely this begs the question - is WSOP fixed?