You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker on Tablet - Feedback - Updated 27-02-14

Great news, Sky Guy. This should curb a lot of the chuntering for a little while.

Comments

• edited January 2014

The new Sky Poker software means we are able to release regular enhancements. The new Sky Poker software was designed to make it flexible in future, especially across a variety of devices and we know that people are keen to play Sky Poker on their mobile or tablet (Apple or Android).

Well from today you can start to do that!

Basically we have switched on a piece of functionality which enables you to access the existing product on a wider variety of devices. Simply visit www.skypoker.com in your device’s web browser and login, choose a game and play as you would on your laptop or desktop. Tables will be opened in a new tab in your chosen web browser, therefore it is realistically limited to playing 1 table at a time.

With this in mind, and although there will be further improvements on the way, there are some known limitations – but because we know people are keen to get using this, and so we can collect feedback, we felt it was better to allow you to play it with these ‘quirks’ in place. None of them are ‘serious’ but you need to know about them. You may spot other things and we’d welcome your thoughts once you’ve played it.

Just to be clear, this is not a Sky Poker app (that will follow) but you will be able to play through the browser on your tablet in the meantime. You can bookmark it on your device home screen however so that you can access it directly in a similar way.

So here are a few things you might notice when trialling the new product on your tablet:

-   

-      The lobby is not optimised yet for tablet, therefore you will encounter some limitations 

After registering for a sit n go or tournament you will need to be in the lobby tab when the game starts in order for the table to launch, after you have accepted the pop up blocker.   

You can manually launch the tournament by finding the game in the lobby and clicking launch, or by using  My Sky Poker > My Tables.

This is just the first phase to allow you to enjoy a game of Sky Poker on your tablet, whilst we focus on optimizing the lobby for ease of use, adding and improving key features and launching in the app store over the coming months.

We are also currently finalising the ‘classic view’ 3X3 table layout on the new software, which we know many of you are looking forward to, we expect this to be available within a few weeks time.

Please let us know what you think, your feedback is appreciated as always.

Have a great weekend

The Sky Poker Team 

• edited January 2014

Just something to remember, especially now this is live...

... given that this allows you to play on things like your tablet, naturally people will be playing on wireless, predominantly wi-fi in the house. So please do remember that a good reliable and fairly strong signal is important. Not having this increases the risk of disconnections as you would expect.

For those of you lucky enought to be on Sky Broadband, you might like to know that they currently have a great deal where you can get a free wireless booster!

See here for details on that deal.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited January 2014

Also, although you can play via 3g or a dongle, we would not recommend it.
  • edited January 2014
    Trying it now , so far so good. Well done sky , been looking forward to this and chuntering will cease (temporarily)

• edited January 2014
    I've just played my first heads up game on my Iphone. Very fiddly using the slider as it's very small but all works ok. Will try it out on the tablet later x
  • edited January 2014
    Very welcome addition because my laptop has a habit of just shutting down randomly and this will work as a good backup.

Played a bit last night on my iphone 5. All worked pretty well but as said it's very fiddily (to be expected I suppose) and you're basically restricted to the fixed betting buttons. When I tried to type bets I couldn't do it-phone tried to bring up keypad which then made the table too small which meant the black "please resize window" came up. This screen also came up several times after I check/folded/raised etc randomly.

I realise phones are not the primary market here and you're really looking at this for tablets but I thought I'd give some feedback anyway
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Some exciting news for you… (03/01/14):
    Very welcome addition because my laptop has a habit of just shutting down randomly and this will work as a good backup. Played a bit last night on my iphone 5. All worked pretty well but as said it's very fiddily (to be expected I suppose) and you're basically restricted to the fixed betting buttons. When I tried to type bets I couldn't do it-phone tried to bring up keypad which then made the table too small which meant the black "please resize window" came up. This screen also came up several times after I check/folded/raised etc randomly. I realise phones are not the primary market here and you're really looking at this for tablets but I thought I'd give some feedback anyway
    Posted by jdsallstar
    Thanks. All feedback is useful. Like you say, it's initially to help with tablets but when we come to optimise it more, we'll take your comments on board.

Thanks again.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi
    Tried this last night on my iPad.

Firstly i just observed a DYM table to see what it looked like.
    I then registered for a PLO8 DYM game.

Number of things for feedback.

1. I didn't see a pop up blocker and table didn't launch even though i was in the lobby.
        Had to go to "My tables" and launch from there and missed the first hand.

2. It was very laggy when dealing cards.

3. Cards from previous hand were still showing on the table when next hand was being dealt.

4. The chat box was showing the cards before they appeared on the table.

5. Also in the chat box every line was duplicated twice.
        e.g.
        VespaPX has folded
        VespaPX has folded
        Player B has folded
        Player B has folded
        etc etc.

5. The longer the game went on the slower it got until it froze altogether, then had to reload.

Only managed to play 2 hands (but still cashed) :-)

I was playing on a 1st generation iPad using Safari browser.
    Connected via WiFi to BT Home hub within 5 meters of the hub.

Hope this helps
  • edited January 2014
    Played a few games, excellent development, and when fully rolled out will no doubt attract lots of new players, so well done.

Some observations:

Had to manually load the tournament from the lobby.

The chat was doubled as vespa described.

When in widescreen orientation (dunno if thats the right way of describing it, but when the tablet is held so the screen is wider than it is long) when trying to set my bet to all in it folded my hand. This happened 3 times out of three. Didnt happen when I held the tablet so it is narrower than it is long.  might have been my screen was sensitive, but having the allin button interacting with the fold button is a bit of a disaster if these misclicks are as common as I experienced. Imagine the chuntering lol.

Experienced very little lag, however timebars would sometimes remain on the table even though they wernt timing down, you had to make out a small differencebetween two  shades of black on the players avatar outine to see their timebank.

• edited January 2014
    Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll make sure these are passed on to our software developers. 

Glad you like the advancements and hopefully this is just the start!

Thanks again,
    Jordan
  • edited January 2014
    Tried it on iPad using safari. Froze once and had a few laggy hands. Would prefer it on mini - is that possible? Contrasts could be greatly improved. Will be better when there is sound. I use bthomehub (the new one) which has an excellent signal. Keep up the good work :-). I cashed in the stg I played so I have to be happy lol. 

Onwards and upwards :-) 
  • edited January 2014
    Hi, Just played 3 DYM on my Ipad at six player tables and ran smooth on all 3 games.
    Couldn't use Chat at the moment, also as I got knocked out and were the box comes up telling you where you finished giving you option to watch table or close...when I hit close table it closed all my poker tabs and returned to Ipad home screen, this was in Chrome, so when I opened Chrome up again it gave me option to restore as it wasn't closed down properly, which I did but found I'd been logged out Skypoker.

but playing on Ipad is the way forward and hope this feedback helps the developers.

cheers DCFC4EVER
  • edited January 2014
    Hello,

Thank you for the feedback that we have received so far on this. All feedback is very useful to us.

We are glad that you like what we have done so far.

Please keep feedback coming so that we can continue to make this product better.

Thanks

Sam 
  • edited February 2014
    Great. App probably the best poker app out there would like to see an app you can download though and be able to see the tourney winnings on screen eg places and payments well done sky poker 
  • edited February 2014
    Having received a message yesterday about playing on a tablet, i thought some improvements had been made so i observed a table last night and it is still very laggy.
    Duplicate info appearing in the chat box etc etc.
    Pretty much as per my post on the 4/1/14 (above).

Just wondering if its because i only have a 1st generation iPad and the processing power isn't good enough?

Edit:
    Just found this on the tablet promotion page.

"iPad – Any device from iPad 2 onwards".

Guess thats me stuffed then!
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker on Tablet - Feedback:
    Having received a message yesterday about playing on a tablet, i thought some improvements had been made so i observed a table last night and it is still very laggy. Duplicate info appearing in the chat box etc etc. Pretty much as per my post on the 4/1/14 (above). Just wondering if its because i only have a 1st generation iPad and the processing power isn't good enough? Edit: Just found this on the tablet promotion page. "iPad – Any device from iPad 2 onwards". Guess thats me stuffed then!
    Posted by VespaPX
    Hi Vespa,

A first generation iPad is very likely to experience some issues with the software. It is similar with the desktop in that some older browers will not support it. As you are experiencing, you can play a game but it is not reliable.

Sam 
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker on Tablet - Feedback:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker on Tablet - Feedback : Hi Vespa, A first generation iPad is very likely to experience some issues with the software. It is similar with the desktop in that some older browers will not support it. As you are experiencing, you can play a game but it is not reliable. Sam 
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    Thanks for the reply Sam

I'll just crack on with my laptop until i win enough to buy a new iPad :-)
  • edited February 2014
    Hi sky,

Just been playing a mtt and dym on my samsung galaxy note 10.1 using the chrome browser and can say that it works very well and was not too laggy.

The only issues I noticed are as follows:
    . Resize table sign comes on when trying to type in the chatbox when using tablet horizontally. When typing into chatbox vertically no resize  sign came up. However table resizes up and down when keypad is used then taken away (probably a chrome issue though)
    . chatbox does not scroll automatically
    . no amounts written next to the chips when people bet after the flop
    . I was pretty card dead in the mtt (definately needs sorting, lol)

Other than that, its working pretty well. Nice work sky. Looking forward to the app coming out for apple and hopefully android as well, as I'm not an isnob.

All the best, keep up the good work
    Smiley
  • edited February 2014
    Am I able to play on ipad mini??
  • edited February 2014
    Hi Everybody,

Please be aware that we have now fixed the issue that meant no sounds were playing through mobile and tablet devices. Have a go and let us know what you think.

All feedback that we get on tablet play is very useful.

Sam
  • edited March 2014
    Unable to write notes during play and keeps freezing. also had to refresh and/or close a table down and reload it at times.
  • edited March 2014
    It remains very hit and miss. I've switched to using Chrome as you've suggested and on average I probably play 4-5 games a day on iPad but today for example the tables just won't open. The new page opens but the timer just runs and runs. I've tried reloading, going through my tables, tried safari, deleted and reinstalled Chrome. 
    My overall feedback - it's just too unreliable at the moment. Shame. 
  • edited March 2014
    Table keeps freezing so have to keep shutting it down and re opening