You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Do the Sky presenters pronounce your table name wrong??????????

edited July 2009 in Sky Poker Live

oKay......when you make the TV do the presenters pronounce your screen name correctly?......not mine anyway.. well i guess thats my fault for selecting a name from the distant past.

It's pronounced " Yatland "..... not holtland ,..or HJ...etc.

Give the presenters a clue how to announce your name on screen........
poor old  "Mel"..... with all faith the wee fella signed up with a name that to him was so focused.....

"MAJORCAMEL"

and to me had no reference to a dromedary......... MEL from MAJORCA

Comments

• edited July 2009

Lol. "MAJORCAMEL" sure had most of us bang to rights! We really struggled with that on, & MAJOR CAMEL" seemed the favourite.

I've also been guilty of pronouncing your name wrong Mr, err, Yatland,

Some of the names are a real struggle for us, we do not see them until the same moment as the TV viewers see them, & we often pronounce names wrong, & I'm in the habit of asking plyers to e-Mail the Show & tell us how to pronounce names, or what they derive from.

I'm a bit old-fashioned, & I think it's very rude to get players names wrong, but some of them are a bit tricky.

I always struggle with "LEGJOBB", too - how is that supposed to be pronounced? I say "LEGJOBE", & in truth, it's probably safer....

We also have to keep a keen eye out for "double-intendre" type names. The Gallery usually filter them out for us, but now & then, one slips through. And it's not funny - the Channel would get severely censured by the Regulatory Bodies if we "spoke inappropriately", & the Presenter/Analyst would be in trouble, too, as the Show is repeated in Daytime hours, & it's not really possible to Edit stuff out.

Mind you, show a dodgy name to Orford, & he loves it, he's in like a shot, giggling like a 12 year old schoolgirl.....
  • edited July 2009
    I had rich calling me Kurst, and i hate that!! please rich stick to Kirstii!! lol Pronounced Kirstie btw
  • edited July 2009
    Ha mines Bazza 3 swords (Essex coat of arms)

Its not Bladeswords or Boz 3 S words as been pronounced heh!

• edited July 2009
    The comedy duo were at it again last night over LordVader.

Rich Orford told us all the entire Star Wars scripts, right the way back to Anakin and Natalie Portman, while his sidekick kept referring to Lord Vadeeeer, pronounced the same as Steve Vadeeeeeeer, the poker player. Rich got him back on track though.

It's worth watching just for the comedy value alone.