You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Difficult turn decision with bottom two pair from the flop

edited January 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Hand History #728673588 (00:27 05/01/2014)PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancepSmall blind £0.02£0.02£8.15xBig blind £0.04£0.06£5.46 Your hole cardsJ9   Brookers65Fold    ballboyRaise £0.12£0.18£5.23pCall £0.10£0.28£8.05xCall £0.08£0.36£5.38Flop  JQ9   pCheck    xCheck    ballboyBet £0.27£0.63£4.96pCall £0.27£0.90£7.78xCall £0.27£1.17£5.11Turn  2   pCheck    xCheck    ballboyBet £0.88£2.05£4.08pFold    xRaise £2.35£4.40£2.76Pretty yucky hand towards the end of the session. I cbet slightly larger to protect against a lot of dangerous turn cards and one player calls. The turn is a 2, he checks I bet 3/4s pot again and he reraises.

What would people do here?

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Well, I'm certainly not folding. He probably has a flush draw, with the king of hearts, giving him the open ended straight draw too.

I'd be calling and seeing what the river has in store, then taking it from there.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Difficult turn decision with bottom two pair from the flop:
    Well, I'm certainly not folding. He probably has a flush draw, with the king of hearts, giving him the open ended straight draw too. I'd be calling and seeing what the river has in store, then taking it from there.
    Posted by Slipwater
    With this one I felt it was hard because there are a lot of dangerous river cards which potentially change the leader if I aren't already beat already.

I felt a heart would be a bad card; a Queen would counterfeit my two pair and put me behind; a 10 puts me behind to the Kx hands and an Ace opens up more superior two pair options which I also lose to.

I decided to back my hand and move all in. He called with Q2 having made two pair on the turn. I don't think I could have escaped this one unfortunately.
  • edited January 2014
    I would move all in. Because of stack sizes, there is no point calling. You cannot fold & are most often against a combo draw or a pair and a draw.

Just unlucky this time.