You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

feel sky let me down a little today - resolved, nice one Sky Jordan

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
feeling a bit let down today by sky. i played a sat for the 20k roller semi saying it was for 6pm. won my seat only to find out it was for 3pm. unfortunately i'm at work at this time and can't play this game so i contact customer services and they agree to register me for a diffrent game but not the 6pm sat i should be in, instead they put me into a direct at 5:20 telling me they can't put me into 6pm game that i won a seat for. happy they can move my game but feel a bit let down it's not the game i wanted to or qualified for.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    I would assume the 6pm sat and the 5.20 sat are of different values.

You could demand a full payment of five times the amount of the buy-in you paid, as that is the amount you won. If that would be preferable to the 5.20 satellite, I'd suggest you get back onto them about it. You agreed to pay your buy-in in return for a chance to play the 6pm satellite. Essentially you agreed to a contract which the other party has reneged on.

You aren't entitled to the 6pm satellite, though, if the value of that buy-in is greater than the amount you "won" in the earlier satellite.

In future, always register for the target tournament before playing a satellite. It wouldn't have helped you here but it's good practice.
  • edited January 2014
    That's pretty much ridiculous if the lobby said the seat was for the 6pm game!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: feel sky let me down a little today:
    I would assume the 6pm sat and the 5.20 sat are of different values. You could demand a full payment of five times the amount of the buy-in you paid, as that is the amount you won. If that would be preferable to the 5.20 satellite, I'd suggest you get back onto them about it. You agreed to pay your buy-in in return for a chance to play the 6pm satellite. Essentially you agreed to a contract which the other party has reneged on. You aren't entitled to the 6pm satellite, though, if the value of that buy-in is greater than the amount you "won" in the earlier satellite. In future, always register for the target tournament before playing a satellite. It wouldn't have helped you here but it's good practice.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    both 5.20 and 6pm sat worth same value of 24 but number of runners in 6pm will be higher making your chances of winning seat in the main better
  • edited January 2014
    I would assume the 6pm sat and the 5.20 sat are of different values. You could demand a full payment of five times the amount of the buy-in you paid, as that is the amount you won. If that would be preferable to the 5.20 satellite, I'd suggest you get back onto them about it. You agreed to pay your buy-in in return for a chance to play the 6pm satellite. Essentially you agreed to a contract which the other party has reneged on. You aren't entitled to the 6pm satellite, though, if the value of that buy-in is greater than the amount you "won" in the earlier satellite. In future, always register for the target tournament before playing a satellite. It wouldn't have helped you here but it's good practice.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    This is not strictly true, Sky would argue that the prize was a free seat and of no monetary value.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: feel sky let me down a little today : both 5.20 and 6pm sat worth same value of 24 but number of runners in 6pm will be higher making your chances of winning seat in the main better
    Posted by scwuffy54

This doesn't make sense...

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: feel sky let me down a little today : This is not strictly true, Sky would argue that the prize was a free seat and of no monetary value.
    Posted by Slykllist
    How can a seat to a tournament with a £24 buy-in be considered "free"? Especially if you've paid to enter the satellite.

When you play a satellite, you win amount X and agree to put that amount into another tournament. If the OP is giving an accurate description, he gave his agreement for amount X to be put into the 6pm tournament, not this 5.20 one. It's not Sky's money to move around as they please. The OP won it and has total ownership of it. If Sky wish to renege on entering him for the 6pm tournament, he is entitled to a full payment of the amount he has already won.

If the two tournaments are of the same value, it's utterly ridiculous for the OP not to be entered into the 6pm tournament - That's the tournament he agreed to enter.

It's not an arguable point.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: feel sky let me down a little today : This doesn't make sense...
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    i know the odds are the same it's 1/5 but i feel with 15 playing and 3 seats available as to 150 playing and 30 seats available i have better chance with the 30 seats
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: feel sky let me down a little today : i know the odds are the same it's 1/5 but i feel with 15 playing and 3 seats available as to 150 playing and 30 seats available i have better chance with the 30 seats
    Posted by scwuffy54
    Your chances are exactly the same ;)

FWIW I much prefer a smaller field in a sat. Give me your first example over the 2nd example all day long.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Scwuffy54,

Apologies for the inconveince here, there was an issue with the blurb displaying the incorrect information.

If you give me 5 minutes, I'll de-register you from the 5:20pm direct and enter you into tonight's semi-final at 6pm

Once again, apologies for the inconvenience, it'll be sorted asap.

Thanks,
    Jordan

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: feel sky let me down a little today : How can a seat to a tournament with a £24 buy-in be considered "free"? Especially if you've paid to enter the satellite. When you play a satellite, you win amount X and agree to put that amount into another tournament. If the OP is giving an accurate description, he gave his agreement for amount X to be put into the 6pm tournament, not this 5.20 one. It's not Sky's money to move around as they please. The OP won it and has total ownership of it. If Sky wish to renege on entering him for the 6pm tournament, he is entitled to a full payment of the amount he has already won. If the two tournaments are of the same value, it's utterly ridiculous for the OP not to be entered into the 6pm tournament - That's the tournament he agreed to enter. It's not an arguable point.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Climb down off that high horse, I wasn't saying I agree with it, I was merely pointing out the line CC usually take in these situations.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: feel sky let me down a little today : Your chances are exactly the same ;) FWIW I much prefer a smaller field in a sat. Give me your first example over the 2nd example all day long.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Some people are less comfortable playing short-handed, and so their chances of getting a seat will be reduced if the satellite has fewer runners (say if for example you know you need to make 2nd place to get a seat) as their edge has lessened and most importantly is lower when it matters.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: feel sky let me down a little today : Some people are less comfortable playing short-handed, and so their chances of getting a seat will be reduced if the satellite has fewer runners (say if for example you know you need to make 2nd place to get a seat) as their edge has lessened and most importantly is lower when it matters.
    Posted by bbMike
    This is a very good point! 
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Scwuffy54, Apologies for the inconveince here, there was an issue with the blurb displaying the incorrect information. If you give me 5 minutes, I'll de-register you from the 5:20pm direct and enter you into tonight's semi-final at 6pm Once again, apologies for the inconvenience, it'll be sorted asap. Thanks, Jordan
    Posted by Sky_Jordan
    just back in from work and see you have registered me for 6pm, thanks for this jordan i feel better now
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: feel sky let me down a little today : just back in from work and see you have registered me for 6pm, thanks for this jordan i feel better now
    Posted by scwuffy54
    No problem. Good luck!