You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Live on Sky Poker TV at 7pm- the £20,000 SuperRoller with Rich and Reds ***official show thread

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
So what are we going to see from 10-12, or is that something Sky is "already doing different in 2014"?

Comments

• edited January 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR SKY POKERERS!

Yep, Christmas is over for another year, the decorations are coming down and we're off and running into a new year of playing on Sky Poker.com and watching Sky Poker TV.

And of course, we have a live 5 hour show for you tonight on Channel 861, where due to popular demand, our flagship monthly tournament has gone from monthly to weekly in 2014!

The £20,000 Super Roller!

Hosting your show will be Richard Orford and Redmond Lee. Be warned- I might still be wearing my Xmas jumper as it's now the only thing that still fits me!

And here’s the plan of action:

7pm – 8pm

The conclusion to the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter from Thursday night.

8pm – midnight

LIVE coverage of tonight's main event- the £20,000 Super Roller, interspersed with spells of live action from the Mastercash tables.

Don't forget to keep firing in your hand ids so we can show everyone else what's going on of interest on your table in the main event and TV cash tables!

The contact points for all your banter, questions and hand requests?

Right here, on this thread. Via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

As for tonight's side-question:

What are you already doing this year that's different to last year?

For example- Have you changed your game to be more aggressive? Are you now frequenting the DYM tables instead of SNGs? Are you taking shots at a higher cash level? Are you defending your blinds much less than before? What's changed since the year started for you?

We've got TURBO TUESDAY MAIN EVENT SEATS to give away to the best messages tonight! So get writing!

Looking forward to your answers and see you at 7!

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Live on Sky Poker TV at 7pm- the £20,000 SuperRoller with Rich and Reds ***official show thread***:
    So what are we going to see from 10-12, or is that something Sky is "already doing different in 2014"?
    Posted by FCHD

Lol! Typo there, FCHD. Now amended, cheers.
  • edited January 2014

Right, 3 hours to the show and we've got seats to give away to Tuesday's Turbo main event for the best messages on the thread or emailed in tonight.

Don't forget the question:

What are you already doing this year that's different to last year?   For example- Have you changed your game to be more aggressive? Are you now frequenting the DYM tables instead of SNGs? Are you taking shots at a higher cash level? Are you defending your blinds much less than before? What's changed since the year started for you?

Or maybe, you've got a funny non-poker answer to the question?

Either way, fire them in- these Turbo seats are burning a hole in my pocket!
  • edited January 2014
    What are you already doing this year that's different to last year

Committing less to premium hands in satellites.

So many times in previous years. I've found myself in pole position approaching the bubble. I find pairs of jacks, queens, kings, or aces in  the hole.
    Shorter stacks shove, I call, then as if by magic, the river card nuts me in the nether regions and within a few hands i'm dreaming of what might have been!

This year I've been folding more and letting the shorter stacks fight it out.
    Sounds silly but i've improved my success rate!

Up until now, I'd played my best poker in "All In satellites" lol
  • edited January 2014
    Hey guys have a great show tonight I won't be watching as I'm baby sitting so figured I'd get mine in early 

This year I will be focusing more on dym and mtts instead of cash games never really played them so I'm going to hope for the best oh and I'm going to control my bank balance this year as well 

Rich what if WBA bought suarez from liverpool and/or won the prem what would you do?

Keithd89
  • edited January 2014
    Nice, thanks Dunmisdosh. Let's have some more please.

And don't forget to stick the telly on Channel 861 or fire up the live stream on the website at 7pm. We'll be LIVE!
  • edited January 2014
    First thing I want to say is very well done to doubleaaa on winning the truth or bluff ukpc seat.  A very well deserved winner.

What am I doing different this year?  Proper BRM!  I had a nice little score yesterday.  I got into the mini via the freeroll and came 3rd for just over £200.  As my bankroll was £1.51 before this it is a massive improvement!  I have taken £100 out as it is both my girls birthdays in the next week, Sienna will be 7 on the 11th and Jasmine 6 on the 16th.  I now have a 50 buy in roll for the £2 tournies and I WILL be exercising good BRM for once in my life.  That means no entering sats for the main until I have 100x roll and no entering £5 or £10 BH's just because I feel like it!

Best of luck to everyone in the roller tonight.  Run well and have fun.
  • edited January 2014
    What am I doing differently this year, Rich? Well, for starters, asking people to repeat what they have said because I can't really hear them the first time. And secondly, I'm glad you asked the question in 72 point, because had it been any smaller I'd probably not have been able to read it :)
  • edited January 2014
    Since 2014 began, I feel like my play has massively improved. I'm now playing slightly more aggressively, but the biggest adjustment to my game has been taking position into consideration much more and this has allowed me to win more pots and increase my stack more consistently during an MTT.
  • edited January 2014
    in 2014 i am trying not to hang on to premium pairs on dangerous board and remeber they are just 1 pair, too many times i have gone out on premium cards like aces kings and queens on danger boards where i should have folded
  • edited January 2014
    Hi - can I have a hand request? 

From Master Cash 22 - ID 728941041

Card blockers please. Villian that 5x's has either limped or 5x a lot. I flat in position as he alwasy pot bets the flop which he does but I have another very good player who calls pre also. I call his expected pot bet but I am more wary when the 2nd player also calls. 

He then over bet shoves on another safe looking card. I'm not sure if I should be calling or folding like I did. I see this a lot with JJ but as he's been very active I really dont know!!
  • edited January 2014
    Still the same,being reckless and aggressive at times,donking out!

On a serious note ,will have to be very strict with BRM.

I know I can do it!

It starts today!

Have a good show!
  • edited January 2014

what I am doing that is different to last year is quite simple,

this year I am watching and supporting a Newcastle united team that is battling for European places.
    toon army.

in poker I'm being less results orientated.

• edited January 2014
    Hiya Rich and Redmond,
    Nice to see you both back for another year.

The year started differently for me, as my family and I went on a mini cruise up the North Sea.  We called in at Zeebrugge and spent New Years Eve in Amsterdam.  Unfortunately one of the passengers fell overboard and was lost at sea.  On the up side, his wife decided she didn't want to take his luggage home so she auctioned off his belongings.  I managed to get a nearly new pair of pyjamas for just £2.  Result!  So this year I am going to take advantage of any bits of good luck that come my way, not just in poker but in life generally.
    Happy New Year,

Geof Walker (MISTERWIN)
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Rich and Redmond, could I please have the hand above analysed? Thanks.
  • edited January 2014
    What am I doing differently in 2014?

Because I am now back in full-time employment, I am now playing a lot more in the evenings than the afternoons, the reverse of my previous poker habits. Not going too well so far, but hopefully it will pick up soon.

Of course, this means I can't play the £2.20 @ 2:20 very often, before Rainman asks!
  • edited January 2014
    instead of reraising this hand do you think i should have just called?
  • edited January 2014

1. I'm NOT shaving this year!
    2. I'm NOT playing the 2:20 @2:20!
    3. I'm playing low pairs! (Daniel Negreanu eat ya heart out!)
    4. I'm calling 3 xbet raises from, TommyD,Coxylboro, Tikay & especially RYRY!
    5. I'm looking forward to next year!  (You had to think about that one eh?)

Awful show as always! (It's a negative thing ? Right?) 

Pad
  • edited January 2014
    it is from the roller

• edited January 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford and Mr redmond.
    I would consider it an honour if both of you could join in the £2.20 @2.20 any afternoon you have spare.
    Mr Orford you can prove to everybody that it wasnt a fluke but pure class last time.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited January 2014
    Hello there.

I have done two different things this year.

1. Switch the focus from tournaments to cash games. I know play about 75% Cash not vice versa.
    2. Better timed bluffs. Ive noticed how different board textures and position matters as to how likely I can get my opponent off a pot.

Playing in the Low Roller tonight. Wish me Luck :D

Howezy
  • edited January 2014
    Hi I am Kevwinsome I play at skypoker.com come and join me at the tables.
  • edited January 2014

On the TV programme Why do you always refer to players as male even when the avatar or name is clearly female

• edited January 2014
    The hand u showed when coxy had kings i sthe exact situation i was talking about and are trying to get out of those sitiuations alot more even though it is hard
  • edited January 2014
    Hey 

The hand you just showed, i would usually fold, but i was playing the player, always calling everyhand he is, but now ive paid the price and gone out the tournament.

This is my exit hand, could you show it and tell me if the all in on river was the right idea. 
    My think i really need to learn, is not to tilt :( 
  • edited January 2014

I'm not playing the first 30 minutes of bounty hunter tournaments. I think it's better to let all the crazy players burn themselves out before joining the fray.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Rich and Redmond
    Great show.  This hand is from earlier in the roller against Scotty.  Should I have folded my AA.  I think if I had gone all in pre flop he still would of called me.

Hand id 729078853

Sue

• edited January 2014
    Just to be different
    what about a little insight into how Redmond is preparing for the UKPC.

Will he be up all night dreaming of hands the night before?
    Is he likely to be first or last to the venue?
    any superstitions he has to perform before the tournament?
    Does he have different strategies for different days?
    Is there anyone, he just has to last longer than to retain street cred?
    Is there anyone he doesn't want to meet before the final table?
    If he did take it down, what would he do with the money?
    Would all the winnings be his? or has he sold some of his action to the OAP analyst? (Tikay not Orford!)
  • edited January 2014
    Hi guys.

Just wondering how bad this fold was :)

The guy i am up against hasnt bet this strong in all the time ive been at the table.

Obvi he could be overvaluing a t/p or o/p thinking i am drawing but he shows no fear whatsoever of me already holding a monster.

Be kind lol

HH superroller 729155206  cheers
  • edited January 2014
    Why don't you guys maintain sartorial standards? No cravats, no ties, what a pair of scruffs! Standards need to be maintained, you know. This is generally poor form.

It reminds me of that time in public school when they served red wine with the fish course! Poor form all round - as I said, standards need to be maintained.

Come on guys - wear a tie, smarten up.