You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

50 nl what to do now??? is it a jam or just peel oop

edited January 2014 in The Poker Clinic
IDONKCALLUSmall blind £0.25£0.25£100.43buddha350Big blind £0.50£0.75£99.25 Your hole cardsAA   Tozer315Raise £1.00£1.75£26.0860nine60Fold    IDONKCALLURaise £3.00£4.75£97.43buddha350Call £2.75£7.50£96.50Tozer315Call £2.25£9.75£23.83Flop  610J   IDONKCALLUBet £6.50£16.25£90.93buddha350Raise £16.00£32.25£80.50Tozer315All-in £23.83£56.08

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Think I'm probably jamming here. If someone has the flush already, so be it, but we still have the redraw to the nuts. Too many turn cards will slow down the action as well, if you just peel.
  • edited January 2014
    well a gd m8 of mine whos a reg i wnt name who said  shoving here is kinda bad   as only hands that call me when i shove have me crushed 

what? think about his range of hands. if we shove we get called by better and he folds worse. flatting allows him to over-value top pair w/ a spade type hands.

Can tell ur an mtt player, if you're scared of playing turns don't play deepstack cash games!
  • edited January 2014
    Surely with this action, it's either all going in now or going in the bin?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: 50 nl what to do now??? is it a jam or just peel oop:
    Can tell ur an mtt player, if you're scared of playing turns don't play deepstack cash games!
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Lol.

If you knew the answer, why you askin'!?

And yeah, what the guy above me said too!
  • edited January 2014
    3bet bigger oop

With the small stack all in now, buddha has to play very honestly vs us. 

We get a great price to call now and if he shoves over us it becomes really tricky. 
    If buddha just flats behind and ships the turn then I'd be c/fing a non spade/A turn.
  • edited January 2014
    slipwater thats what my m8 said not me
  • edited January 2014

what are your reads on the villains?  what do they think of you?

with names left in I'm 3betting significantly bigger

in game - I probably don't mind playing for stacks here against these specific opponents.  I'm a fish
    on review - I would hope I fold because I've only invested £9.50 and will find many better spots than this with this line up

• edited January 2014
    slipwater thats what my m8 said not me
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    So, what do you think? Are we in agreeement? :)
  • edited January 2014
    3bet bigger oop With the small stack all in now, buddha has to play very honestly vs us.  We get a great price to call now and if he shoves over us it becomes really tricky.  If buddha just flats behind and ships the turn then I'd be c/fing a non spade/A turn.
    Posted by NColley

I think the all in is too small to be classed as an official raise, so if we call, then Buddha can only flat. 

Would you include a 6 as one of the cards you'd stack off with on the turn?

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: 50 nl what to do now??? is it a jam or just peel oop : I think the all in is too small to be classed as an official raise, so if we call, then Buddha can only flat.  Would you include a 6 as one of the cards you'd stack off with on the turn?
    Posted by Lambert180

Ya it could well be an underraise but I wasnt too sure since IDCU doesnt like to give any information when he posts hands.

Wouldn't expect villain to shove with JT if the 6 paired on the turn tbh.
  • edited January 2014
    Your mate is right... shoving is bad :)

Villain is very rarely gonna show up with top pair + spade type hands as 99% of the time there just gonna call your flop bet.

You have the A of spades so there probably not raising a flush draw... In a nut shell your behind here almost always!

As Buddha can't raise if you flat, your getting a great price to call on the flop. Check fold any turn that's not an A or a spade though.
  • edited January 2014
    Your mate is right... shoving is bad :) Villain is very rarely gonna show up with top pair + spade type hands as 99% of the time there just gonna call your flop bet. You have the A of spades so there probably not raising a flush draw... In a nut shell your behind here almost always! As Buddha can't raise if you flat, your getting a great price to call on the flop. Check fold any turn that's not an A or a spade though.
    Posted by 77Chris91
    :)
  • edited January 2014
    is he ya brother dohh ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Just flatting here because your never drawing dead and both villians can still be behind to you. If you are behind you still have ways to win and for instance if you are losing to the short stack you still have the chance to get chips off the other opponent. If you jam and he was semi-bluffing or raising say AJ then you force him out.