You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cannot register for winterwonderland giveaway

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
so i cool off for a couple of weeks after my run in with customer service.

i timed my return so my first mtt back would be the winter wonderland. sure i wouldn't be in the ultimate, but maybe the middle one. but no - it won't let me register for any of them, and no reply from customer service. 

might just need to go away again.....

Comments

• edited January 2014

Hi Geldy,

Welcome back, hope you had a good Christmas.

You will need to see what CC say, but you cannot register for those Freerolls, you get registered by Sky Poker IF you have qualified, & all things being equal.

I had a look at the 3 Tourney Lobbies (you can only qualify for ONE), & your name was not in any of them.

I have a feeling that - rightly or wrongly - this may be connected with the fact you stated a few weeks ago that you were self-excluding. Perhaps the Winter Wonderland database did not update your return accurately, or something similar.

Not much can be done now, really, but I'm sure CC will explain in due course. I would imagine it has been a bit hectic in CC this afternoon, with many of these sort of queries, some legit, some not so much, so that may explain their delayed response.

I hope you hang around, you are much missed by many of us on the tables.     
  • edited January 2014
    Good to see you again, Geldy.

Tikay, seeing as you're here - did you get my PM?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cannot register for winterwonderland giveaway:
    Good to see you again, Geldy. Tikay, seeing as you're here - did you get my PM?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Hi Sue,

Yes, been a bit inundated with PM's the last week, will be on catch up duties tomorrow though. Apologies.
  • edited January 2014
    Thank you Tikay, always a pleasure chatting with you, and the same to you.

As it is, I allegedly didn't register for the promotion. So long ago I can hardly argue even if I could remember.

Thanks Slippy - feel free to derail any of my serious threads - no really - that way there is less chance i get troll-hunted by Jac35.
  • edited January 2014
    Thank you Tikay, always a pleasure chatting with you, and the same to you. As it is, I allegedly didn't register for the promotion. So long ago I can hardly argue even if I could remember. Thanks Slippy - feel free to derail any of my serious threads - no really - that way there is less chance i get troll-hunted by Jac35.
    Posted by GELDY
    You didn't have to register. You were automatically in the promo if you already receive rewards (c4p), which I'm positive you do.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cannot register for winterwonderland giveaway : You didn't have to register. You were automatically in the promo if you already receive rewards (c4p), which I'm positive you do.
    Posted by splashies
    thanks splashies. the first thing i did when i wasn't and couldn't register was to check the t&cs for the promotion. Or at least i tried to but they were no longer available. let's try again.
  • edited January 2014
    Thank you Tikay, always a pleasure chatting with you, and the same to you. As it is, I allegedly didn't register for the promotion. So long ago I can hardly argue even if I could remember. Thanks Slippy - feel free to derail any of my serious threads - no really - that way there is less chance i get troll-hunted by Jac35.
    Posted by GELDY

I've retired from troll-hunting Mr Geldy.
    Harry has taken over the business.

Nice to see you back
  • edited January 2014
    Love you really, Geldy - just get back on the tables and stop worrying about the Winter Wonderland. Winter is done. It's 2014 - the Year of the Fish ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cannot register for winterwonderland giveaway : You didn't have to register. You were automatically in the promo if you already receive rewards (c4p), which I'm positive you do.
    Posted by splashies

no I don't
    oh yes you do
    rinse & repeat & repeat & ...

until at last i come across a duty manager who agrees and makes a goodwill gesture

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cannot register for winterwonderland giveaway : no I don't oh yes you do rinse & repeat & repeat & ... until at last i come across a duty manager who agrees and makes a goodwill gesture
    Posted by GELDY
    lol, I can imagine. 

well done on persevering.
  • edited January 2014
    Love you really, Geldy - just get back on the tables and stop worrying about the Winter Wonderland. Winter is done . It's 2014 - the Year of the Fish ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    horse, mr slippy, horse
    and not any old horse but a green wood one
    decisive action will lead to fast victories in the year of the green wood horse
    & you've got 25 days left to prepare

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Cannot register for winterwonderland giveaway : ☺ I've retired from troll-hunting Mr Geldy. Harry has taken over the business. Nice to see you back
    Posted by Jac35

i thought you had me on ignore anyway?

• edited January 2014
    Yes Snake it is and Horse it will be I am sure Sky can think of a suitable promo to let the Chinese NY in after all what is the River Horse? Nice to see you back HNY Geldy and gl on the tables.
  • edited January 2014
    Yes Snake it is and Horse it will be I am sure Sky can think of a suitable promo to let the Chinese NY in after all what is the River Horse? Nice to see you back HNY Geldy and gl on the tables.
    Posted by a00rock

now that would be a nice idea
    &u2 m8

• edited January 2014
    Can I just hijack this for a moment.

I am sure the T&C said that I would be contacted by skypoker if I had qualified. I expected a text message as normal but received nothing. I have just logged on to see when this is to find that it was last night and I have missed it.