You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Freerolls - tables with 6 away players - solution needed?

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
There's not really a lot you can do as far as I can see, it's not just a random freeroll, it's one to which players have invested considerable time and possibly money to qualify for.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    As I start to type this post there there are around 550 players left from 1679 qualifiers in the Cash Giveaway, so that's around 90 tables. Studying the lobby I have identified 9 tables at which all 6 players are sitting out with the blinds going around in circles.

With 300 spots played it looks very likely some of these tables will survive well beyond the money bubble. There's even a small chance that the table draw may mean that a table at which all six players are sitting out could be one of the final two tables, locking up the lucky away players at that table £50+ each.

This can't be right and I feel a solution should be sought. The root of the problem is that all who qualified were pre-registered, hence the high proportion (about 50% when it started) of away players in the field.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Freerolls - tables with 6 away players - solution needed?:
    There's not really a lot you can do as far as I can see, it's not just a random freeroll, it's one to which players have invested considerable time and possibly money to qualify for.
    Posted by FCHD
    The solution is don't pre-reg people automatically, just make them eligible to register. Then people only register if they want to play/can play.
  • edited January 2014
    Yep, I'm currently in the same freeroll and can see the problem. The BB won't be 2000 for another 3 hours so they could all cash big unless they are broken up. Maybe Reg should open just an hour before and only players who have qualified are able to reg.
  • edited January 2014
    We're on the money bubble now, there are still 5 tables at which all 6 players are sitting out lol.
  • edited January 2014
    I was at a table of aways for about 10 mins, was brilliant! Boosted my stack right up. Shame I had to ultimately bust one :(
  • edited January 2014
    I've just busted and I'm going offline.

Good luck to the 18 players sitting out across three tables who are all running very deep!
  • edited January 2014
    Has this really tilted you Gary?! I busted 179th so picked up the min cash. It is a little annoying that some aways are going to pick up decent cashes!
  • edited January 2014
    good luck to them, they paid there money
  • edited January 2014
    There is still a table (203) in the Cash Giveaway with all 6 players away and 77 remain, so they have all earned £15, wp to them though.
  • edited January 2014
    Carlo used to say it's a never ending game, if everybody sat out it would be.....lol
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Freerolls - tables with 6 away players - solution needed?:
    There is still a table (203) in the Cash Giveaway with all 6 players away and 77 remain, so they have all earned £15, wp to them though.
    Posted by fishtales
    This is a bit off. The table is STILL playing and they have an average of 2,000 (i.e starting) chips. I spent three hours of my life to come 76th, these guys have just been given a free ride!

There needs to be a change. Either: automatically eliminate all players who have not made an action after an hour, OR ensure that there is never a table with all 6 away.

• edited January 2014
    where do I sign up for these freerolls???   mebbe I would at last not run into coolers every decent effin hand!!!
  • edited January 2014
    Surely, there must be a way to move players who have been inactive for 15+ hands?
    They have shuffle tournaments, why not make the higher value freerolls shuffles
    to mix up players away from the table?
  • edited January 2014
    be even better if you were the only one active on the table. Just make sure you don't bust anyone tho to keep the table intact!!