You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ruling

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Situation- A £5 satallite into a £50 game with one seat gtd. The sat starts with only 3 players.   ( There is late reg) Is it collusion to agree to go all-in the next hand?

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Well, for starters, why would you want to if there is only one seat?
  • edited January 2014
    Thewy did it live and Sky posted the blog, so it's probably fine.
    I'm not sure that locks up the seat though ?  I think whoever is sat with 6k, will still have to face any late reggers ?  or does it just instantly end when one person left ?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Ruling:
    Well, for starters, why would you want to if there is only one seat?
    Posted by Slipwater
    Because you are getting much better odds for your £5. You are flipping £5 to win £50 with 2 others.
    I have never agreed to do this because I just dont know the ruling.
  • edited January 2014
    Thewy did it live and Sky posted the blog, so it's probably fine. I'm not sure that locks up the seat though ?  I think whoever is sat with 6k, will still have to face any late reggers ?  or does it just instantly end when one person left ?
    Posted by 1267
    You get the seat instantly.
  • edited January 2014
    Thewy did it live and Sky posted the blog, so it's probably fine. I'm not sure that locks up the seat though ?  I think whoever is sat with 6k, will still have to face any late reggers ?  or does it just instantly end when one person left ?
    Posted by 1267
    I know that it definitely ends when there is one person left.
  • edited January 2014
    I've often thought of this. Seems like a no brainer to me but if it started happening I'm pretty sure Sky (and any other site) would take action to stop it. After all it's not in the spirit of the game is it?
  • edited January 2014
    I've often thought of this. Seems like a no brainer to me but if it started happening I'm pretty sure Sky (and any other site) would take action to stop it. After all it's not in the spirit of the game is it?
    Posted by Enut
    It's just the players getting 1 back on the site.

They make a fortune out of us in rake, if we can pinch abit of value back off them in situations like this, why wouldn't we?

If 2 players pay a tenner each to flip for £50, they're each £15 up on the site long term regardless of the outcome.

We as players should be out to get as much value as we can from them, same as when we gamble with the bookies, because long term, overall, in the battle between punters and the site, there's only 1 winner!

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Ruling : It's just the players getting 1 back on the site. They make a fortune out of us in rake, if we can pinch abit of value back off them in situations like this, why wouldn't we? If 2 players pay a tenner each to flip for £50, they're each £15 up on the site long term regardless of the outcome. We as players should be out to get as much value as we can from them, same as when we gamble with the bookies, because long term, overall, in the battle between punters and the site, there's only 1 winner!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    no dohhhhhhhh no
    we want sky to provide late regging gtd sats
    if we take the p*ss everytime we get overlay at the beginning they'll stop doing them
    who loses - we do

idcu & i were hu at the start of one of these, but we agreed to play fair. others eventually joined but there was still overlay at the end, why be short term greedy and risk losing them completely.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Ruling:
    Situation- A £5 satallite into a £50 game with one seat gtd. The sat starts with only 3 players.   ( There is late reg) Is it collusion to agree to go all-in the next hand?
    Posted by jonjo75
    If you type it out in the chatbox then yes, if you don't then no.  It's the same as if you are on the bubble of a dym and one person has been away since the start
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Ruling : If you type it out in the chatbox then yes, if you don't then no.  It's the same as if you are on the bubble of a dym and one person has been away since the start
    Posted by cenachav
    Of course I mean if it is asked in the chat box, agreed and acted upon.