You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

VEGAS DYM's and 2014.

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
uni student, who's was a former footballer until getting pied, looking for the competitiveness of the pitch but on the felt. recently started playing on sky after being a loosing player elsewhere with the odd bink, recently put a lot of volume into £5.50 DYM's over the festive period with mediocre sucess, probably luck. Looking for help with the DYM's, help for things/places to visit in vegas and poker strategy.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    ...as personal ads go, it's not the greatest.

I would lead with your personality, sense of humour, and the kind of things you enjoy doing. After you have the reader interested, then come in with the poker chat :)
  • edited January 2014
    it wasn't a personal add slipwater, simply explaining my past and why i enjoy playing poker because of trying to be the best and the competitivness that comes with it. I enjoy football and playing poker and doing what most lads of my age enjoy.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: VEGAS DYM's and 2014.:
    it wasn't a personal add slipwater, simply explaining my past and why i enjoy playing poker because of trying to be the best and the competitivness that comes with it. I enjoy football and playing poker and doing what most lads of my age enjoy.
    Posted by reece13
    Ignore Brian - he's been grumpy since he shaved his beard off.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
  • edited January 2014
    Lol Vespa... yes, have fun here :)
  • edited January 2014
    ty vespa, i didn't think my first post was too bad.
    but basically yeah enjoy going out with the lads, away days etc... played poker since 17 but probably took it more serious over the past year watching video's trying to improve watch a lot of the regs on here. Quite a drvien individual who wants to strive to improve himsefl.
  • edited January 2014
  • edited January 2014

What level of football did you play?

• edited January 2014
    i was a youth team player at Darlington once in League Two, played reg in reserves and made a few friendly apperances. 
  • edited January 2014
    thankyou cenachav much appreciated 
  • edited January 2014
    Anytime.  If you ever fancy a chilled deepstack game check out the DTD held every monday night or if you're about in the afternoon, the £2.20 at 2.20.

I got in there before Rainman!  I win the internet!!! wiiiiiii
  • edited January 2014
    a lot of people mentioning how good the game is @2.20 i think i will have to give it a go when i know ive got a bit of time free mate
  • edited January 2014
    Welcome to the forum reece. Been on your table on a few fiver DYMs and I haven't particularly enjoyed having you on the table!!! You're def one of the tougher opponents!!

All the best mate
  • edited January 2014
    thankyou mate, enjoyed sharing your company too, seem to be one of the few with a solid strategy! can i ask what makes me tough and any weaknesses you could share?
  • edited January 2014
    thankyou mate, enjoyed sharing your company too, seem to be one of the few with a solid strategy! can i ask what makes me tough and any weaknesses you could share?
    Posted by reece13
    It's hard to say really because I rarely see your hands get to showdown, which is a good thing. You're aggressive in the right spots. You have a good solid game and get down to last 4 more often than not. Dunno what else to say really, just keep doing what you're doing I guess!

I'm still only just getting to grips with DYMs myself so can't give you any proper advice...........oh and btw I said I HAVEN'T enjoyed having you on the tables, would much rather share the table with weaker players!! haha
  • edited January 2014
    thanks for the kind words waller hope to share just a few tables with you;)
  • edited January 2014
    Where are you staying in Las Vegas mate? I've been twice and hardly seen any of it still as it is so big! Some things I would recommend below based on personal experience...

Play lots of poker and table games purely for fun the odd time. The second time I got the balance the wrong way round and I regret that I didn't play/win as much on the felt as the first time.

Go to the Grand Canyon in a helicopter. It is just something great to visit and say you have been to. The helicopter ride down the strip on the way back is great too.

Go up the Stratosphere Tower and go on at least one ride. I was scared of heights (still am a bit) but managed to go on the one that goes straight up in the air and got an amazing buzz from it even with my phobia!

Get a table and bottle service at a nice nightclub at least one night. It's nothing like 'VIP' in the UK and is out of this world. It may seem expensive but it doesn't work out too badly when split between a few of you and is a taste of high living. You'll love it.

If you like clothes at all get a taxi to the outlet mall off the strip. Lots of cheap Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Lacoste, Hugo Boss, Armani Exchange etc etc

There is a ridiculous amount to do and I've hardly touched the surface. I want to go back as soon as possible! Above are just a few ideas but you'll enjoy it regardless! Just don't spend too long at the pits, they are fun but there's so much more to do that I wish I'd already done!
  • edited January 2014
    thanks very much jammy!
    staying at caesars in an upgraded suite! its my first time in vegas! seen tikay said the poker room is second to none so really looking forward to it, although im not really using it as a 'poker' holiday as a few of the lads who im with would rather be getting smashed although i will put in a few long sessions at the felt. any ideas where the best/softest cash tables are?
    we've planned to do the helicopter ride, shooting range cant wait to pop a cap into bin laden, and quadbiking in the desert. we want to go see maybe 2 big dj's either pool party of nightclubs then go see some magic or like a tom jones type of act lol.
    during the day we will be doing the activities above but will defo be going shopping in the places so ty for that. have you any ideas on where to eat?
  • edited January 2014
    thanks very much jammy! staying at caesars in an upgraded suite! its my first time in vegas! seen tikay said the poker room is second to none so really looking forward to it, although im not really using it as a 'poker' holiday as a few of the lads who im with would rather be getting smashed although i will put in a few long sessions at the felt. any ideas where the best/softest cash tables are? we've planned to do the helicopter ride, shooting range cant wait to pop a cap into bin laden, and quadbiking in the desert. we want to go see maybe 2 big dj's either pool party of nightclubs then go see some magic or like a tom jones type of act lol. during the day we will be doing the activities above but will defo be going shopping in the places so ty for that. have you any ideas on where to eat?
    Posted by reece13
    There are big DJs aplenty in Vegas. You should have no problem there. I have seen most of the usual suspects in Ibiza etc but not actually in Vegas. I believe a few have residencies at pool parties as well as clubs though. A pool party is another thing we stupidly never went to (damn you Blackjack). My mates did the shooting range and loved it but I left it as it was at the end of our holiday and money was getting tight unfortunately.

I have only played poker at The Mirage, Venetian and MGM. All three seemed soft enough at 1/2. I did very well at the Venetian, not so well at the other two. Most of the big rooms will be soft enough I'd think.

Meal wise you are very spoilt for choice. You can spend as much or as little as you want! We tried a few decent places but all too often went to McDonalds for convenience food! Outback was the best place we went. Nice steaks at reasonable prices! I'm sure others will have better recommendations!