You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Collusion At The Tables

edited December 2009 in Area 51
Last night I was playing a DYM, I hadn't been paying much attention in the early parts of the game as I was chatting to a friend on MSN. With the blinds at 100/200 sitting in the BB I managed to double up my stack to 3400 odd when JJ held up against JQ (which in itself shocked me). There was 4 players left one on 7000 (Z), one short chipped on 235 (Y) after my JJ coup and another on 1400 (X). Then the most extraordinary sequence of play occurred.

The chip leader kept going allin on mine and X's blinds and then would fold in the small blind to the guy with 235 (Y), this went on for at least 4 revolutions. I was sitting comfortably so I was happy to fold plus I had nothing with which to call. However, on the final round before X bubbled, I fold, X folds, Z makes up the 100 in the small blind, Y has still got 235 chips due to the antics of Z, Y pushes and then Z folds (yes, thats right FOLDS), giving Y 435 chips.

X realises whats up and decides he may as well make a stand with K10 only to run into Z with 8s and X is gone. We've all cashed and more amazingly so has Y.

I contacted SKY chat to report this, what appears to me is a clear case of collusion. I was informed that this is taken very seriously and would be investigated by the Fraud Team.

However, to my surprise, tonight I just happen to search Z on "Find A Player" and surprise, surprise guess who is sitting down at the same table, thats right player Y.

So exactly how serious do the Fraud Team take collusion?

Comments

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Collusion At The Tables:
    Last night I was playing a DYM, I hadn't been paying much attention in the early parts of the game as I was chatting to a friend on MSN. With the blinds at 100/200 sitting in the BB I managed to double up my stack to 3400 odd when JJ held up against JQ (which in itself shocked me). There was 4 players left one on 7000 (Z), one short chipped on 235 (Y) after my JJ coup and another on 1400 (X). Then the most extraordinary sequence of play occurred. The chip leader kept going allin on mine and X's blinds and then would fold in the small blind to the guy with 235 (Y), this went on for at least 4 revolutions. I was sitting comfortably so I was happy to fold plus I had nothing with which to call. However, on the final round before X bubbled, I fold, X folds, Z makes up the 100 in the small blind, Y has still got 235 chips due to the antics of Z, Y pushes and then Z folds (yes, thats right FOLDS), giving Y 435 chips. X realises whats up and decides he may as well make a stand with K10 only to run into Z with 8s and X is gone. We've all cashed and more amazingly so has Y. I contacted SKY chat to report this, what appears to me is a clear case of collusion. I was informed that this is taken very seriously and would be investigated by the Fraud Team. However, to my surprise, tonight I just happen to search Z on "Find A Player" and surprise, surprise guess who is sitting down at the same table, thats right player Y. So exactly how serious do the Fraud Team take collusion?
    Posted by TheAAces
    can you pm me their names so i can avoid them please - dont hold your breath on action being taken yet, because sky have to investigate which is understandable. However i do think something should be in place to protect players while these investigations are taking place
  • edited December 2009
    Keep pressurising Sky.

I had to send an email and then also use live support a few days later before I got any action.

Sky, however, will never tell you the outcome.

Keep the game number handy and keep on to Sky as this certainly sounds fishy, more so, if they are on the same table regularly.

the anti collusion software should have picked stuff like this up. i assume it monitors how many times you meet a player and looks for unusually high occurances of players meeting.

If they are playing now, do a little investigation of your own and see how many times they go up against each other or if one is folding to the other too often.

Look for one of them raising, the shortie re raising then the original raiser folding.

If they do, keep a track of the game number. Anything like this will help Sky.
  • edited December 2009
    All this anti collusion software that we hear about, does it really exist, like the tv detector vans in your area, what a con lol just a thought
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Collusion At The Tables:
    how serious do the Fraud Team take collusion?
    Posted by TheAAces

very
  • edited December 2009
    you shall be receiving an email from our fraud team in the next couple of days.

thanks,

Rich
  • edited December 2009
    Collusion on the Tables - I have seen this happen many times in DYM Games.

I don't let it effect my play and thrive on beating anyone involved. A 3 player collusion is hard to beat, but a 2 player collusion is much easier.

Its luck of the draw where they get seated on the tables but if you notice anything un-towards it can be very easy to counteract by using slightly stronger play.

I fold to the Higher Chip Stack (Collusion A) "unless I have hit a Monster Hand" and I Bet Strong into the Lower Chip Stack (Collusion B) 3 - 4 x the Big Blind with connecting cards & high pictures (Q,K,A).

This method seams to work for me but it is only a very basic explaination of how it works.

The Theory:
    You fold to the higher stack (Thus losing no chips)
    You bet strong to the lower stack, he has less chips so he will fold more often.
    Everytime small stack loses chips the large stack will try to pass him some of his.
    Eventually (All being well) they both have a lower stack than you, which will put you in a strong position.

Obviously the stronger your hand is when you bet into the lower chip stack the better, but don't forget he may have hit something and you either have to be prepaired to call him or fold, which is why I use pictures and connecting cards to at least give me a chance of hitting on the flop if he calls.

Would be interested to know if anyone has used this or tried any other methods.

QUESTION to SKY RICH: There are some proffesional collusionists  out ther but if your Gran was on the same table and you slid her a few chips - Are the penalties the same? 

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Collusion At The Tables:
    QUESTION to SKY RICH: There are some proffesional collusionists  out ther but if your Gran was on the same table and you slid her a few chips - Are the penalties the same?   
    Posted by POKERTREV

that's one for the poker and fraud teams. let me go and ask them and see if i get a response.

however i do expect that no matter the severity, if you are suspected of fraud, the penalties will be the same.
  • edited December 2009

BAN BOTH OF THEM,
                    THE CHEATS
  • edited December 2009
              BAN BOTH OF THEM,                 THE CHEATS
    Posted by salazar
    Well Said Salazar - Nobody likes there gran to win anyway lol
  • edited December 2009
    Collusion on the Tables - I have seen this happen many times in DYM Games. I don't let it effect my play and thrive on beating anyone involved. A 3 player collusion is hard to beat, but a 2 player collusion is much easier. Its luck of the draw where they get seated on the tables but if you notice anything un-towards it can be very easy to counteract by using slightly stronger play. I fold to the Higher Chip Stack (Collusion A) "unless I have hit a Monster Hand" and I Bet Strong into the Lower Chip Stack (Collusion B) 3 - 4 x the Big Blind with connecting cards & high pictures (Q,K,A). This method seams to work for me but it is only a very basic explaination of how it works. The Theory: You fold to the higher stack (Thus losing no chips) You bet strong to the lower stack, he has less chips so he will fold more often. Everytime small stack loses chips the large stack will try to pass him some of his. Eventually (All being well) they both have a lower stack than you, which will put you in a strong position. Obviously the stronger your hand is when you bet into the lower chip stack the better, but don't forget he may have hit something and you either have to be prepaired to call him or fold, which is why I use pictures and connecting cards to at least give me a chance of hitting on the flop if he calls. Would be interested to know if anyone has used this or tried any other methods. QUESTION to SKY RICH: There are some proffesional collusionists  out ther but if your Gran was on the same table and you slid her a few chips - Are the penalties the same?   
    Posted by POKERTREV
    Too right and so it should be, your donking your chips off to be it your gran,brother,sister etc makes both of you collusionists, how do you think the rest of the players on the table would feel if you were giving granny, the short stack your chips? This senario makes you no better than the so called professional collusionists you talk of. now give me your grannies name so i can report her lol
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Collusion At The Tables : Too right and so it should be, your donking your chips off to be it your gran,brother,sister etc makes both of you collusionists, how do you think the rest of the players on the table would feel if you were giving granny, the short stack your chips? This scenario makes you no better than the so called professional collusionists you talk of.
    Posted by loonytoons
    Very well said Loonytoons - I agree entirely

Although I hope I didnt imply I had done this myself (sadly my gran passed away before I started playing poker)

It was just an open question to Sky Rich - but all comments on these collusionists are welcome, the sooner they are off the site the better. (and my gran would have agreed)