You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

people sat at cash tables?

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
hi one thing I have never understood with sky is the amount of people sat at high levels on there own!!
ie 1.50/3 tables 5 diff players have about 10 tables between them all sat with good buy ins but not playing each other (cards) keep it clean lol
quite often I see major players sat with thousands in play over several tables surely its not look how much money I have !!!! or is it?
I even saw some one sit down on a 1/2 table with a well known reg  they guy had like £150 reg had £380 I think it was the reg sat out saying he would only play if op tops up to max !!! wtf surly he wasn't worried about playing a shortie was he?
I know people will say its up to them who they play and yes I get that but why sit down for hours been bored?

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to people sat at cash tables?:
    hi one thing I have never understood with sky is the amount of people sat at high levels on there own!! ie 1.50/3 tables 5 diff players have about 10 tables between them all sat with good buy ins but not playing each other (cards) keep it clean lol quite often I see major players sat with thousands in play over several tables surely its not look how much money I have !!!! or is it? I even saw some one sit down on a 1/2 table with a well known reg  they guy had like £150 reg had £380 I think it was the reg sat out saying he would only play if op tops up to max !!! wtf surly he wasn't worried about playing a shortie was he? I know people will say its up to them who they play and yes I get that but why sit down for hours been bored?
    Posted by chefboy79
    It's because they won't play each other because being at the same level they would basically be swapping money and paying rake......they are waiting for some mug who has just blinked a few quid who then thinks he can spin It up against the big boys!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: people sat at cash tables?:
    In Response to people sat at cash tables? : It's because they won't play each other because being at the same level they would basically be swapping money and paying rake......they are waiting for some mug who has just blinked a few quid who then thinks he can spin It up against the big boys!
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

They'll be pleased to see you back chefboy! ;)
  • edited January 2014
    sounds about right but then lets look at the 25p 50p players yes theres more of us but seems to be the same players on most of the day they all play each other with out much hesitation why do sky open more tables for the big players lol who just sit there oh well
  • edited January 2014
    cheers dooohhhhhhhhh for that one you were smashing that table up other night im glad I licked my wound and left with my tail between my legs lol
  • edited January 2014
    Why do they do that?

BECAUSE THEY CAN

• edited January 2014
    very common in heads up lobby's in any poker room for the regs to sit out vs each other. The reasons are that they already know who the better players are, and do it for a living..

If its your job to make money at poker, and someone better than you sits down to play you, it makes no sense to play them and effectively give them some of your wages. They are much better off waiting for someone unknown (who is likely to be worse), or someone they know not to be as good.

some players will even go as far as not playing anyone except very bad players - I'm not heads up expert, but I have had people sitting out vs me in under 10 hands. Impossible to tell who would have an edge over that many hands, but it was obv enough for them to see it wasn't going to be easy money, so they sit out.

This kind of behaviour needs to be stopped, it creates an unfriendly environment for recreational players...a rec entering the sky HU lobby (or pretty much any other HU lobby) would no doubt be intimidated by all these plyers sitting waiting, and not playing each other...why wouldnt they be playing each other?

TBF, its a problem that the poker industry is trying to deal with, but its difficult. other poker rooms are trialing things like making HU tables rush/speed/zoom tables, so you dont have the option of who to play against etc. 

• edited January 2014
    sounds about right but then lets look at the 25p 50p players yes theres more of us but seems to be the same players on most of the day they all play each other with out much hesitation why do sky open more tables for the big players lol who just sit there oh well
    Posted by chefboy79
    The difference is it's going to take you a long time to make much money at 25p/50p if you try and do this - for one, most of the players you're hoping to play might prefer to play higher stakes and for two even when you do get someone to play you, you're not going to win that much compared to what you would win at higher stakes.

Also, games do run at the higher stakes it's just that they happen less infrequently compared to 25p/50p where there is always a game you can jump in. (and although they are filled with regs there's usually still a few rec players about)

• edited January 2014
    I sit on £5/£10 tables all the time and dont play a single hand

Just to say, "man has $$"

You feel me?
  • edited January 2014
    I sit on £5/£10 tables all the time and dont play a single hand Just to say, "man has $$" You feel me?
    Posted by alex1229
    errrrm...... not really???
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: people sat at cash tables? : errrrm...... not really???
    Posted by Slykllist
    Why not|?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: people sat at cash tables? : Why not|?
    Posted by alex1229
    I'm pretty dim, think I probably need more coconut in my diet
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: people sat at cash tables? : I'm pretty dim, think I probably need more coconut in my diet
    Posted by Slykllist
    Haha - yeah, you just can't beat tropical fruit.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: people sat at cash tables? : I'm pretty dim, think I probably need more coconut in my diet
    Posted by Slykllist
    Realisation is the first steps to succeeding

Dont be ashamed if you feel less equal then others, it happens

But cocnuts have been proven to increase IQ and Poker Profitability

People use HUD's you know what i use? Coconuts & Coconuts Juice

Its great, keeps me alert, allows me to be on peak form when playing poker

• edited January 2014
    But cocnuts have been proven to increase IQ and Poker Profitability
    Posted by alex1229
    But evidently, not spelling.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: people sat at cash tables? : But evidently, not spelling.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Nope, im told Leaks are good for that, but im not a fan..
  • edited January 2014
    lol alex your off your coconut lol