You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Points = chips promo idea

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
No idea how feasible this would be but what about having a promo one month where the amount of points gained = the amount of chips you start a free-roll tournament with. (maybe with a maximum and minimum points required) - eg. minimum is 500 maximum is 10,000. (and points are rounded up to nearest 500) That way everyone is in with a shot but the players that have played more rightly deserve a better chance of success.

Perhaps as a way to award the super grinders, 20k+ points and you get a rebuy but only if you bust out and 40k points you get a rebuy but can rebuy at the start if you choose too.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Problem with this idea it will suit very high players relevent to stacks eg so would be such an unfair advantage for someone who just makes 500 to then someone who made the 10000 theyd be what a 5/1 chip underdog already lol?.

The 3 freerolls sky had on sunday i think was very good.

Bronze>10kpoints+
    Silver   />20kpoints+
    Gold   />30kpoints+

These are great and rightly so you deserve what you put in ,

But a mtt to "volume" eg is similar to that TSP mtt they used to have and some would have 10,000 and others 2,000 which is not fair in all honest.

Mtt with brackets criteries is the best option for everyone.
  • edited January 2014

Hey Ivan

Would be bizarre someone having 500 and someone having 10k.

Would even be strange someone having 2.5k and some one starting with 5k.

It would be quite a tedious game to play I imagine, and couldn't see a concept like this being 2 popular with anyone.

One it is to complicated, and two having a tournie with massive variations in starting stack sizes would just be unworkable.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Points = chips promo idea:
    Hey Ivan Would be bizarre someone having 500 and someone having 10k. Would even be strange someone having 2.5k and some one starting with 5k. It would be quite a tedious game to play I imagine, and couldn't see a concept like this being 2 popular with anyone. One it is to complicated, and two having a tournie with massive variations in starting stack sizes would just be unworkable.
    Posted by LARSON7
    How is it anymore bizzare then the chip stacks in the middle of tournaments, where you see some really big chip stacks and then some with barely a chip and a chair?

@kidwiz: Was that the promo for priority members? Yeah that seemed decent. As for this promo being "unfair", surely in comparison to other promos it at least gives players that don't grind so much a chance? Whilst the current promo is good in that it doesn't allow priority members in it, there are still some players that are just never going to even reach the PS4 freeroll. However, with this idea even though they may not have many chips they still have a chance. 2/3 double ups and they can be right up there with everyone else that started with 10k in chips. 

• edited January 2014
    Ahh your not being serious are you?

Comparing the start of a mtt, to the middle stages
  • edited January 2014
    seems like a decent idea and would probably make some nice stories for the TV channel e.g. 'player x' started with 500 chips and took down the whole thing...'

I don't know about sky traffic enough but one problem could be the possibility of 10000 runners and only 2000 end up seated which will lead to the usual freeroll problems (can sky handle an mtt with that many players?).  also can't see many high volume players being interested in besting a field of 1000s for a prizepool that will inevitably spread very thin
  • edited January 2014
    Hey ivanovic yea that was for priority was very good add to be fair.

Problem with what your saying as "larson" pointed out couldnt expect someone to have 500 chips and another 10000 what would the blinds be 10/20 eg.

Also what huuuume pointed out if this was the case there would be around a few thousand players at least in this mtt so would be worthless to many.

The ps4 promo you are right its obvious who will win and who will not , but this is why "brackets" will come into place similar to that of the kings of cash promo they had few months back with 3 different tiers.

This is the best option for private freerolls base it on "volume" and you get what you deserve eg.
  • edited January 2014
    Aspers run a similar thing I believe, reward points for playing at the cash tables. Top 200 go into freeroll at the end of each month I think and the amount of points earned is weighted towards starting stack. Pretty good idea I'd say, can't see it ever happening mind.