You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKPC "side" event satelites

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Obviously the main event is the main focus here, but closer to the time are there going to be any satelites into the side events for the UKPC? I'd love to give the Omaha a spin, even if it's just for the experience. I've had some good Omaha MTT results recently, and I've only ever played it live once, so paying £500 for the "experience" is way too much...

Comments

• edited January 2014
    With your record in PLO MTTs you should just buyin and win it
  • edited January 2014
    look on the dusk til dawn site. They probably have some.

Sky have said they are concentrating on the main event for now, but may put some up at a later date. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC "side" event satelites:
    look on the dusk til dawn site. They probably have some. Sky have said they are concentrating on the main event for now, but may put some up at a later date. 
    Posted by chicknMelt

Yeah, last I checked it was £100 1in10s where you can either have 1 x £1100 seat for the ME or 2 x £550s for side events

• edited January 2014
    OK cheers guys.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to UKPC "side" event satelites:
    Obviously the main event is the main focus here, but closer to the time are there going to be any satelites into the side events for the UKPC? I'd love to give the Omaha a spin, even if it's just for the experience. I've had some good Omaha MTT results recently, and I've only ever played it live once, so paying £500 for the "experience" is way too much...
    Posted by FlashFlush
    Hi Charles,

It's possible, we'll have to see, but I think it is unlikely.

For now, the primary focus needs to be on the Main Event.

There are now 73 qualifiers in the Sky Poker lobby, & DTD have probably qualified about the same number, so we must be close to 150 runners now. I doubt any event of this nature has had 150 qualifiers so far in advance of the actual Event, as players generally leave it until the last week before trying to qualify. 

• edited January 2014
    In Response to UKPC "side" event satelites : Hi Charles, It's possible, we'll have to see, but I think it is unlikely. For now, the primary focus needs to be on the Main Event.   There are now 73 qualifiers in the Sky Poker lobby, & DTD have probably qualified about the same number, so we must be close to 150 runners now. I doubt any event of this nature has had 150 qualifiers so far in advance of the actual Event, as players generally leave it until the last week before trying to qualify.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay,

I've kept an eye on the Sky lobby for it (but wasn't sure how many DTD had regged). It's getting close ish now, and I suspect there will be a few DTD regs who just BI direct + a lot of big UK pros like Cody, Trickett etc etc that will just BI direct but do you think Sky will ramp up the satellites closer to the time to help get the 500 runners for the guarantee.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC "side" event satelites : Hi Tikay, I've kept an eye on the Sky lobby for it (but wasn't sure how many DTD had regged). It's getting close ish now, and I suspect there will be a few DTD regs who just BI direct + a lot of big UK pros like Cody, Trickett etc etc that will just BI direct but do you think Sky will ramp up the satellites closer to the time to help get the 500 runners for the guarantee.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

We have been doing a lot of work under the radar to see who will or will not be playing, & the feedback from the "Big Names" is that most of them will be present.

I have spoken to the majority of them personally, including those you mention, but poker players being poker players, they rarely buy-in this early.

We have not "announced" them as such, or not yet, but once their names appear in either of the lobbies - SkyPoker or DTD - then we will.

The problem here is that if we announce that, say, Sam Trickett is playing, & then he decided to stay in Macau playing those whopping Cash Games, it may look like we have tried to mislead people. Truth is, Sam HAS told us he will definitely play, but until he actually buys in, & his name is in the Lobby, we can't really go round saying "SAM TRICKETT IS PLAYING". He said he would, but he might change his mind, & we can't really ask him to sign a Contract to play.

The Sky Poker satellite schedule? Well it's "dynamic", & so yes, it may be altered nearer the time. We actually discussed this matter yesterday, in fact. It sort of depends how many seats have gone by then I suppose, & also on how much demand there is.

For sure, there will be a LOT of qualifying interest in the final 2 weeks before the Event.

The Guarantee requires 500 runners, but nobody will know the exact numbers until Day 1b of the Event, as we expect many Circuit Pros to just poll up & buy in on the day. 

Scary, but exciting!    

• edited January 2014
    The trouble may be if you ramp up the satellites too much, a higher proportion of those winning them will be players already in the UKPC so won't be adding to the numbers at Nottingham.
  • edited January 2014
    The trouble may be if you ramp up the satellites too much, a higher proportion of those winning them will be players already in the UKPC so won't be adding to the numbers at Nottingham.
    Posted by FCHD
    The whole equation is quite complicated, including the scenario you suggest.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC "side" event satelites : Hi Paul, We have been doing a lot of work under the radar to see who will or will not be playing, & the feedback from the "Big Names" is that most of them will be present. I have spoken to the majority of them personally, including those you mention, but poker players being poker players, they rarely buy-in this early.   We have not "announced" them as such, or not yet, but once their names appear in either of the lobbies - SkyPoker or DTD - then we will. The problem here is that if we announce that, say, Sam Trickett is playing, & then he decided to stay in Macau playing those whopping Cash Games, it may look like we have tried to mislead people. Truth is, Sam HAS told us he will definitely play, but until he actually buys in, & his name is in the Lobby, we can't really go round saying "SAM TRICKETT IS PLAYING". He said he would, but he might change his mind, & we can't really ask him to sign a Contract to play. The Sky Poker satellite schedule? Well it's "dynamic", & so yes, it may be altered nearer the time. We actually discussed this matter yesterday, in fact. It sort of depends how many seats have gone by then I suppose, & also on how much demand there is.   For sure, there will be a LOT of qualifying interest in the final 2 weeks before the Event.   The Guarantee requires 500 runners, but nobody will know the exact numbers until Day 1b of the Event, as we expect many Circuit Pros to just poll up & buy in on the day.  Scary, but exciting!      
    Posted by Tikay10
    Out of interest, what is the maximum number of players that a day 1 can have?
  • edited January 2014
    Going to start trying to qualify for this now. General rule is I suck far more live than I do online. So in the unlikely event I do get a seat that will be some nice value for everyone :-). It's going to be tough to get in, I'm a big nit with money as well as my cards, so I'm not going to buy in too far down the sateliting road...
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: UKPC "side" event satelites : Out of interest, what is the maximum number of players that a day 1 can have?
    Posted by MattBates
    Within reason, there is no upper limit, DTD have a history of ensuring that, all things being equal, they will try & satisfy demand.

The nightmare scenario, however, is a half empty Day 1a, & folks queuing out the door on 1b. Would not be the first time it has happened, by a long chalk. 

You'll be OK though, you can go in the short queue.

• edited January 2014
    Ah, just seen the Omaha is on Day 2 of the main and the Six Max is day 3, so that makes sense why you wouldn't do satelites for both. I thought the side events were at the start of the festival before the main started...