You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Etiquette, Collusion, & Dinner......

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat

An interesting scenario arose in a DYM I played last night.

4 players remain, but Blinds are still only 25-50.

Approximate Stack sizes are.....

Dinner Man - 6,500

Old Bloke - 3,500

Other Bloke 1,500

Shortie 500

Dinner Man now announces in the chat box - "my dinner is ready, so I'm going to sit out & blind away".

He is a regular in the game, he often does this, & we can assume he is not angle-shooting, he has done it loads of times.

Do we all sort of "work together" & just fold until he blinds away, or should we "play", & especially try & attack Mr Shortie if an opportunity arises?

Nothing was said in the chatbox by the remaining 3 players, & Dinner Man never returned.  

Comments

• edited January 2014

Why have you included me in this? I don't play DyMs. I would hope no one would attack me

• edited January 2014
    How did you get 3,500 chips at this level? :-)
  • edited January 2014
    In that case its far still to early to be able to do any dent on his stack, ive only seen that happen once the blinds are 150/300 + Secondly im pretty sure whilst he wont be active he still has vision on the table, so if he sees its starting to go down hill he could quickyl sit back in

• edited January 2014

3 things to consider in my humble opinion. The 3 that have messed me up in the past are 1/other player or players still keep going for it 2/big stack returns 3/ this happened a few days ago that the big stack is a "watcher", so I would say go for the small stack. The "watcher" in question took a good few of my chips when I were going for the BB who had 800 chips with A10  on the button . The "watcher" in the SB "woke up " with KK I folded minus 800 chips having a rough idea I were beat by the sudden "awakening". Everyone to their own I suppose !

• edited January 2014
    I would keep pressure up on the lowest stack, for the big stack to go out the game will go on for ages and they may return and we end up with large blinds and our nice stack doesn't look so nice. Also, I would be trying to play as quickly as possible so we get more blinds through the away player per level increasing our chances of them blinding out if they have a pudding!
  • edited January 2014

is this not a classic multi-accounting scenario.  are all four not the same person? 

hey tikay?  or should i say, "tikay10", "tikay1" or "dinner man"?

• edited January 2014
    I attacked mr shortie in the deep stack last night, although his stack was no way as short as his stature
    he was to my left which is where you don't want mattbates generally
    so i tried to out aggro him
    frustratingly each time i got it in he was ahead (since when does matt get AQ & AK?)
    but funnily only once did he hold, until i eventually knocked him out!
    now i know why
    he was busy in a DYM with teeks
    hope his focus was rewarded
    and it was dinner man served up on a plate
  • edited January 2014
    Play on as you would and indeed make persoanl adjustments to the player being away. Nothing should be said in the chat box at any point in time. 
  • edited January 2014
    Surely the correct etiquette is to moan about the away player? ;-)

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Etiquette, Collusion, & Dinner......:
    Play on as you would and indeed make persoanl adjustments to the player being away. Nothing should be said in the chat box at any point in time. 
    Posted by patwalshh
    Absolutely, yes, that is VERY important. Once it gets discussed in the chat box, then we are definitely in the area of collusion.

The 3 remaining players were all experienced regulars, & not a word was said about it throughout. Everybody recognized the situation, though.

As an aside (this does NOT refer to last night), in a situation like this, someone usually Raises to ensure the AWAY player does not get to see a free flop. But it very often happens that someone is not paying attention, & they limp into the AWAY player's BB, is it checked all the way, & Mr AWAY wins the hand. This is usually followed by a barrage of unpleasant comments in the chat box. ;). To be fair, that IS quite frustrating.   

• edited January 2014
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Ha, in Freerolls, yes.

It's not fair, I am winning all the pots uncontested.
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by NoseyBonk

NO!!!

.....you start a thread 1st!  #sortitout

• edited January 2014
    Just play it out as I have a good idea who dinner man is and he is just sitting watching but will play if people rotate you can be sure about that!

Ger