You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not very happy angry is a understatement in a £22 dym

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
I have been having issues with my connection all day when multitabling my laptop cant handle it so on this table it freezed up abit well alot

i was getting blinded out but to do this is beyond belief i mean if this aint colluding then i dunno what is

Just checked my hand history and this happened
i wnt put names up but guy was all in for 160 and was in the bb blinds 150 /300

player 1
Small blind 150.00150.004860.00player 2
Big blind 160.00310.000.00 Your hole cards86   player 3
Fold    IDONKCALLUFold    player 1
Fold    pac129Muck    pac129Win 300.00 300.00pac129Return 10.000.00310.0

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Something tells me you lost the game?

Fwiw, if your laptop can't cope, then reduce tables or you're just eating away at your win rate which is >>>>>>>>>> points.

prob collusion but if it wasn't in chatbox or serial offenders not much u can do. Some people act too quick without looking at stack sizes or could just be a mis click tho
  • edited January 2014
    winning losing not the issue this should not be done at a poker table
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Not very happy angry is a understatement in a £22 dym:
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    True.

But you lost though yeah? ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Could be a genuine mistake tho, sometimes I've misclick folded AA pre and not even I'm that tight ;)

But you did lose tho, right? Either way vv unlucky 
  • edited January 2014
    u know how to kick a guy when hes down dnt ya lambert
  • edited January 2014
    did player1 fold or were they timed out - could have been having connection issues too?

You can report players for collusion if you suspect it.

Even if there was no chat box encouragement, there are systems to check if same 2 players appear regularly on same tables and play in a suspicious pattern.
  • edited January 2014
    u know how to kick a guy when hes down dnt ya lambert
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    was just saying there could be a genuine reason and tbf, when I posted that you hadn't said yet on FB how much u were down for the day so to me it was just like 'meh pretty sigh but its ONE buy-in' and you're playing too high if 1BI is painful but obv didn't know how the rest of your day had gone at the time
  • edited January 2014
    i dnt know phantom if they chatted to each other or the guy was dissconected as i was disconected myself but i have reported it so it will get looked at
  • edited January 2014
    To be clear, there is no insinuation that there was collusion in this case. But if I intended to collude, I would play DYMs.

• edited January 2014
    You can get them to check chat at the table to see if they agreed collusion. If not Im not sure there is anything they can do. I agree if it was done deliberatly its disgraceful but as lambert said sometimes people do it in error. Did they fold around a few times or was this the only time?

Ger
  • edited January 2014
    i dont know i was disconnected for about 15 minutes so checked hand history 

lesson learnt my laptop cnt handle more then 6 tables at a time still disgusting if it did happen :/ 

to fold for extra 10 i cnt see how it cnt be colluding and he was big stack
  • edited January 2014
    i dont know i was disconnected for about 15 minutes so checked hand history  lesson learnt my laptop cnt handle more then 6 tables at a time still disgusting if it did happen :/  to fold for extra 10 i cnt see how it cnt be colluding and he was big stack
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Maybe it was a misclick

Maybe he was playing loads of tables, just saw 72o and clicked fold without looking at stack size

Maybe he disconnected like you

Maybe his comp froze like you

Maybe he's just not very good and doesn't realise he should call with 23o
  • edited January 2014
    I couldn't see the big stacks chipcount
    Is it possible he let the two of you fight it out and was away from the table?
  • edited January 2014
    That's bang out of order if they were colluding. 
  • edited January 2014
    Almost everyone "colludes" in the later stages of a DYM, particularly if there's an away player, even if nothing gets said about it, in the same way that people would do it on the bubble of a satellite. What's in it for the players who are actually in the table to take each other on when another player is quitely blinding away and all those who are playing will reach their goal together?
  • edited January 2014
    Almost everyone "colludes" in the later stages of a DYM, particularly if there's an away player, even if nothing gets said about it, in the same way that people would do it on the bubble of a satellite. What's in it for the players who are actually in the table to take each other on when another player is quitely blinding away and all those who are playing will reach their goal together?
    Posted by FCHD
    At last, someone understands.

It is quite normal, I'd have thought, that if a DYM player is permanently away, the remaining players - especially if only 4 remain - don't go to war with each other, & risk their stack. It should NEVER be discussed, of course, but I'm pretty sure almost everyone would do much the same. They cannot lose.

And, of course, if you are busy on several tables, & in your mind you have this Table on "Auto-Fold" sort of thing, it's easy to imagine how, potentially, this COULD be a genuine error.

The guy SHOULD call for 10 chips or whatever, of course he should, & he was not at risk, but you have to try & imagine HOW this odd scenario arose, instead of everyone saying "shoot him, he's a cheat".

Look hard enough, & there is usually good reason for most of these situations.

Unfortunately, I get the impression that the OP was not having a good night last night. Hopefully, a mug of Ovaltine & a good night's sleep, & he'll be back this morning, bright as a button.    

• edited January 2014
    its 10   chips to call  lol

he had like 3k in chips what is 10 chips geeez
  • edited January 2014
    its 10   chips to call  lol he had like 3k in chips what is 10 chips geeez
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    There are a number of potential explanations, one of which is collusion as people have said DyMs given their nature are probably the game that people are most to collude in. If you suspect something then report it to CC. That is one potential explanation but not the only one. Have you never misclicked when multi tabling? Have you not timed out? Does the player have any idea of pot odds? They may have looked at 27o and thought that's a bad hand I should fold.

You don't know the reason for what the player did, also why waste your time going through HH of a tournament you were sat out of? If you are concerned then report them to CC and make a note on them so you keep an eye out in the future.

Take a chill pill and forget points races and what has happened. Get playing games we all know you can beat with a number of tables your set up can cope with and start some (not too many mind) standard IDCU brag threads!

All the best

Matt
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Not very happy angry is a understatement in a £22 dym : There are a number of potential explanations, one of which is collusion as people have said DyMs given their nature are probably the game that people are most to collude in. If you suspect something then report it to CC. That is one potential explanation but not the only one. Have you never misclicked when multi tabling? Have you not timed out? Does the player have any idea of pot odds? They may have looked at 27o and thought that's a bad hand I should fold. You don't know the reason for what the player did, also why waste your time going through HH of a tournament you were sat out of? If you are concerned then report them to CC and make a note on them so you keep an eye out in the future. Take a chill pill and forget points races and what has happened. Get playing games we all know you can beat with a number of tables your set up can cope with and start some (not too many mind) standard IDCU brag threads! All the best Matt
    Posted by MattBates

This does baffle me tbh.
  • edited January 2014
    Going through the history of hands played while you were disconnected is a totally pointless exercise. You have absolutely nothing to gain and are very likely to magnify any tilt you're already suffering.

Have you never profited when an opponent in one of your DYMs got disconnected and everybody else let him/her blind out on the bubble? If you say no you are suffering from selective memory.

Occasional disconnections are unavoidable. The technology and the internet aren't perfect, they never will be. It's just another part of the variance of online poker. We've all had disconnections, we've all been sat at tables with opponents who've had disconnections. It evens out in the long run.

It's a total over-reaction to steam and quit the site just because you're the unlucky guy who's had the problem this time around imo.
  • edited January 2014
    Going through the history of hands played while you were disconnected is a totally pointless exercise. You have absolutely nothing to gain and are very likely to magnify any tilt you're already suffering. Have you never profited when an opponent in one of your DYMs got disconnected and everybody else let him/her blind out on the bubble? If you say no you are suffering from selective memory. Occasional disconnections are unavoidable. The technology and the internet aren't perfect, they never will be. It's just another part of the variance of online poker. We've all had disconnections, we've all been sat at tables with opponents who've had disconnections. It evens out in the long run. It's a total over-reaction to steam and quit the site just because you're the unlucky guy who's had the problem this time around imo.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Yeah, but he's not quit yet this year so it is due.
  • edited January 2014

What Gary said.

It's no different to "rabbit-hunting", which folks do in Live Poker. Nothing good can ever come of it, it makes no sense whatsoever.

Sometimes others disconnect & we profit, this time boot & foot were reversed. It happens, swings & swongs.