You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!
Options

David "useless Moyes"

edited February 2014 in The Football Corner
So how long do united give Moyes?

Ferguson took yrs / decades in getting united where they are and it has taken Moyes just over 6 years to make united a joke. Losing 2-1 to Sunderland but more imbarressing losing to Swansea at home.

I would say sack Moyes now and get Ferguson out of retirment

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2014
    I'm a lifelong United supporter and it is definitely harsh to watch at the moment...

I don't put all the blame on Moyes though...We simply haven't improved the squad enough over the last few years, other than RVP. Why didn't we buy a world class midfielder, or 2 even, and bring in long terms replacements for the likes of Vidic and Rio.

Moyes took on a squad in decline and now the cracks are showing. Though we should have addressed this in the summer window, which was a total joke for a club of United's stature.

We have also been very unlucky with injuries so far. I can't see us getting anyone in January so i can't see it improving anytime soon. Dark days!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Even though I am a Spurs fan I did like what Ferguson brought to United.

I agreee with you it is very dark days and (I am sorry to say this) but I can see united not winning any silverware or even getting into europe next year which will be a great shame to football.

I do believe that United relay on RVP so much as since he has been out thats when the major decrease happened.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    you have to give david moyes more time than this, it isnt even his team its alex fergusons team and the great man got out at the right time in my opinion, last year man utd won the league with a cigar and newspaper in there mouths, this wasnt solely down to alex ferguson being the manager, robin van persie was 100% fit and played virtually most of the season and he was the difference of winning the league and not winning the league no doubt, his goals and all round performances were just that important im afraid, united have not had that luxury this year unfortuantely. also the premier league standard has really been ramped up another notch this year which makes life even harder for them because they have stood still in the transfer market for what ever reason, only thing i would blame moyes for is signing fellaini for a ridiculous price. i just hope he can do some business in this month to ensure they make champions league next year becuase if they dont they are going to struggle even harder next year to aquire the talent to make them contenders for all trophys next season. anyway top and bottom of it moyes needs time at least 2-3 years at the minimum. INMOYESWETRUST!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    moyes is doing a grand job "muttley snigger"
    as for dark days ,welcome to the real supporters world,dark days,jesus
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I predicted exactly this just after Moyes appointed see thread Moyes and Man U on Fancy a bet section.

You really cannot blame Moyes entirely. Ferguson left ageing stars and poor young replacements who won the Premiership last year through Van Persie's goals and fear. VP was never going to be fully fit for two years running . This is Busby /Mcguiness/etc all over again.

Moyes can turn them round if given time.

By the way samfish it might seem like six years but only six months although if you are a man u supporter it probably feels like a lifetime since last May.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    EXCUSE ME GENTLEMEN BUT FERGIE HAD JUST THE SAME PROBS WHEN FIRST AT UNITED-HE GOT HAMMERED BY THE PAPER "EXPERTS".
    SAMFISH-CANT QUITE MAKE IT OUT WHEN YOU SAY "ITS TAKEN MOYES 6 YEARS TO MAKE UNITED A JOKE"???????
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Though SAF didn't inherit a title winning team like Moyes has..Though it's still a team in decline and in much need of improvement as i have said. As vaigret said, we won it last season because of RVP, and also the fact that everyone else was pretty poor.

SAF was given time, so I think Moyes should also be given time.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think that he has done a sterling job so far and should be left in charge for at least the next 10 years no matter what.

David Moyes YNWA
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I hate all this nonsense!

David Moyes has been in charge for half a season and people expect him to win the treble!!! Its laughable! 
    He needs time to settle in and get things how he wants them... He Brought in a whole new backroom staff  and needs time to get things right. I think the idea this season was to go again  with pretty much the same squad as last season and for him to have a look at all the player and find out who he wants and who he doesnt! I think he got done over in the summer transfer market because like i say i dont think he wanted any major signings in but was told Fabregas was availible, and who wouldn't want him? So being told he was availble he went for him... Not getting him created an uproar  with fans  and i think he was forced into buying Felliani....  Fact of the matter is the squad but Rooney this season have been shocking! RVP basically won United the league last season and Moyes has hardly had him fit to use. This squad is coming to an end, like the 99 squad did with Sir Alex,  people forget but from 2003 to 2007 united didnt  come close to winning the league and had a 3 year transitional period with players like Djemba Djemba and kleberson...  and this is where United are at the moment! 

Its basically a transition period and although yes being a United fan its pretty dire at the moment but have full faith and confidence that next season and seasons after that under Moyes will be totally different and successfull...

• Options
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: David "useless Moyes":
    I think that he has done a sterling job so far and should be left in charge for at least the next 10 years no matter what. David Moyes YNWA
    Posted by cenachav
    Wonder if you'll be saying that in 10 years... 
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I think that he has done a sterling job so far and should be left in charge for at least the next 10 years no matter what. David Moyes YNWA
    Posted by cenachav
    not only a john cena fan but a bin dipper aswell, not much going for you :-)
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I hate all this nonsense! David Moyes has been in charge for half a season and people expect him to win the treble!!! Its laughable!  He needs time to settle in and get things how he wants them... He Brought in a whole new backroom staff  and needs time to get things right. I think the idea this season was to go again  with pretty much the same squad as last season and for him to have a look at all the player and find out who he wants and who he doesnt! I think he got done over in the summer transfer market because like i say i dont think he wanted any major signings in but was told Fabregas was availible, and who wouldn't want him? So being told he was availble he went for him... Not getting him created an uproar  with fans  and i think he was forced into buying Felliani....  Fact of the matter is the squad but Rooney this season have been shocking! RVP basically won United the league last season and Moyes has hardly had him fit to use. This squad is coming to an end, like the 99 squad did with Sir Alex,  people forget but from 2003 to 2007 united didnt  come close to winning the league and had a 3 year transitional period with players like Djemba Djemba and kleberson...  and this is where United are at the moment!  Its basically a transition period and although yes being a United fan its pretty dire at the moment but have full faith and confidence that next season and seasons after that under Moyes will be totally different and successfull...
    Posted by ClintonH83

agree with all of this apart from the fabregas part, fabregas made it clear he did not want to leave barcelona and barcelona made it clear that they were not willing to sell yet ed woodward spent the whole summer trying to buy him, whole fiasco made united look stupid.

• Options
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: David "useless Moyes" : agree with all of this apart from the fabregas part, fabregas made it clear he did not want to leave barcelona and barcelona made it clear that they were not willing to sell yet ed woodward spent the whole summer trying to buy him, whole fiasco made united look stupid.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    I believe that someone, probably an agent of Fabregas, told United that he was willing to leave Barcelona if his place in the team wasn't confirmed... especially after the signing of Neymar!

It then turned into a farce that after Barcelona said they would not sell that United kept on trying to buy him but I think the plan from the outset was to go ahead this season with no major signings but got roped into the Fabregas embarrassment

• Options
    edited January 2014
    The Summer transfer window was a complete embarassment for United, and the way they went about their business was terrible. We've never made bids as public as we did, and chasing a player that had no intention of leaving Barcelona was a complete waste of time. It was probably his agent drumming up a better deal for him at Barcelona or for him to at least get more playing time.

Then there was the Herrera debacle, and some desperate last minute bids...Khedira, Coentrao, De Rossi

It wasn't just a big loss when SAF retired, it was also a big loss when David Gill left.

I'm not sure i believe the Glazers when they say we've got £100/200m to spend and I don't see us buying anyone in January.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: David "useless Moyes" : I believe that someone, probably an agent of Fabregas, told United that he was willing to leave Barcelona if his place in the team wasn't confirmed... especially after the signing of Neymar! It then turned into a farce that after Barcelona said they would not sell that United kept on trying to buy him but I think the plan from the outset was to go ahead this season with no major signings but got roped into the Fabregas embarrassment  
    Posted by ClintonH83
    thats just typical agants though mate, scumags the lot of them. united should have listened to the club and listened to the player that way they could have stopped wasting time and looked to buy someone else.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The Summer transfer window was a complete embarassment for United, and the way they went about their business was terrible. We've never made bids as public as we did, and chasing a player that had no intention of leaving Barcelona was a complete waste of time. It was probably his agent drumming up a better deal for him at Barcelona or for him to at least get more playing time. Then there was the Herrera debacle, and some desperate last minute bids...Khedira, Coentrao, De Rossi It wasn't just a big loss when SAF retired, it was also a big loss when David Gill left. I'm not sure i believe the Glazers when they say we've got £100/200m to spend and I don't see us buying anyone in January.
    Posted by Sky_Lee
    do you think they will buy anybody before the end of january lee?? moyes been all over europe watching games last few days. hope woodward pulls his finger out and pulls something off but cant see it myself.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    No, i don't think we'll sign anyone, other than a new drinks partner or something! Or possibly some youg talent that won't play for another 3 years.
    I'm not so sure the funds are there that have been promised.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    united to bid 37 mil for juan mata, dont really take any notice of rumours in rags like the sun and star but at least this rumours from the guardian and the telegraph somewhat credible papers that dont just make lies up to sell papers. great player but i cant help feeling if united pull this off then they have already agreed to let wazza go the other way in the summer.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I find it funny that everyone thought Moyes was a great manager at Everton - he always did so well with them! However, since moving to Man U, it actually seems like he was holding Everton back a little xD

Anyway, I still think Moyes is a very good manager - and I think this period Man U are suffering was inevitable. When a team has been playing under one manager for such a long period of time (Ferguson), of course it would take time to adjust!

Give Moyes a couple of seasons and I think he'll get the team challenging for the league again.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Moyes has promised The Man Utd fans, that they will be competing in the major European competition next year. Even if he has to write the song himself.