You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

You're Next Move...........

edited December 2009 in Hold'em Poker Strategy
I'm a little bit curious about this hand after having a chat with a friend,

Your opinions will be greatly appreciated......

Ok, relevant stack sizes are: (6 max 25/50)

UTG Villain £11
BTN Villain £60
SB Vilain £19
BB HERO £74

UTG raises to £2, 2 calls, and then we come along from the BB wiv 67h

Flop: Kh Qs 5h

SB and HERO both check before UTG ships in his last £9
BTN calls and then SB takes an ETERNITY before CALLING, leaving himself £8......

Not much history as have not been sat down for long, athough UTG has been playing like a complete maniac

So......

Comments

• edited December 2009
    fold.

the flat call from BTN who is pretty deep, he flat calls anything from KQ through to OESD or FD's. I therefore think raising here not to be optimal.
    If you smooth call he probably pots or 3/4 pots the turn so unless you hit you have to check fold.

you also have to take the SB into account, he is so committed that you have no fold equity with him here or on later streets and no reason to bluff into a dry pot anyway.

I spose you are getting roughly the odds to call to hit the turn, but i would see this as a leak as its would hard to maximise your profit from the flush OOP and also there are likely some redraws to the flush from hands like Kx Jhearts...

just fold it.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for your reply hugo,

I will post the rest of the hand for those that are interested after a few more regulars have also had chance to comment
  • edited December 2009
    i have to call £9 to win £35 when ur 2/1 to hit, ur also garanteed the £8 from sb and btn cant fold for £8 on the turn, so its £9 to win £51 thats a sert i dont see why you would fold.
  • edited December 2009
    I would probable call and re-asses on the turn.

£8 in pre-flop
    £35 in on the flop by the time it comes back to you and you are being asked to call £9 (4-1) You are 4-1 to hit your card on the turn and 2-1 by the river. You are getting the right odds to make your call.

I have to say though that, I don't hate the fold because with an all-in and 2 callers there is nothing to say that someone else isn't on the flush draw either and if they are, yours probably wont be good.

If I have the nut flush draw it's a call every day of the week and twice on sundays but i don't hate the fold in this situation.

Salazar
  • edited December 2009
    Probably too much reverse implied odds to call.
  • edited December 2009
    Im folding I think. If you DO hit your flush, the action of the others look like they could be on a flush draw too and likely to be a higher one. If thisis the case and you hit the flush you are going to lose alot of money here. If you had the nutflush draw id be calling, but not on 7 high flush draw
  • edited December 2009

in a tornament i think i fold and wiat for a better spot, but in a cash game.. you are definatley getting better odds than you need to call.. im calling that all day in a cash game.