You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Hey Guys n Gals

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Hello peeps.

Didn't see an introduce yourself section, so apologies if this is in the wrong place.

Just wanted to say hi. Been playing infrequently on sky for a few years. While I don't think its the best site around the friendliness of the place is to be commended and I wanted to get a bit more involved in the community.

I don't play cash much on here, usually MTT's the odd SNG. Bagged myself a 3rd place finish in the 10k bounty hunter just before Chirstmas for my best result on here. My aim is to get to a live sky event this year.

Anyway goo d luck on the tables and hope to see some of you around.

Cheers

Shaun

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Friendly? Think you've got us confused with somewhere else, mate ;)

Nice cash in December - enjoy your time here and good luck on the felt.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi ShaunyT,

Welcome to the forum! We pride ourselves on our friendliness and open discussions (to an extent!) so I am sure you will enjoy your time on our forum!

If you make it to a live event, make sure to let us know and a Sky Poker representative will come and say hi!

In the meantime, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to contact one of the team.

Thanks,
    Jordan
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Hey Guys n Gals:
    Hello peeps. Didn't see an introduce yourself section, so apologies if this is in the wrong place. Just wanted to say hi. Been playing infrequently on sky for a few years. While I don't think its the best site around the friendliness of the place is to be commended and I wanted to get a bit more involved in the community. I don't play cash much on here, usually MTT's the odd SNG. Bagged myself a 3rd place finish in the 10k bounty hunter just before Chirstmas for my best result on here. My aim is to get to a live sky event this year. Anyway goo d luck on the tables and hope to see some of you around. Cheers Shaun
    Posted by ShaunyT
    welcome bud and gl at the tables
  • edited January 2014

Hi Shauny.

Any questions, fire away.

Enjoy.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals:
    Friendly ? Think you've got us confused with somewhere else, mate ;) Nice cash in December - enjoy your time here and good luck on the felt.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Ha ha, on the whole its friendly.

Thanks guys. Honoured by Tikays reply.

I'll be looking for some advice on hands/play etc in the future and hopefully offering advice of my own (for what its worth lol)

Just trying to take down a £300 bh. See you soon
  • edited January 2014

Take it down Shauny!

And welcome to the community

• edited January 2014
    Hi Shauny. Any questions, fire away. Enjoy.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay.

Ive just tried to post a hand from the afore mentioned Tourney, ive followed the advice on the BBV section but when I post the hand its all messed up. Ive basically opened the details of the hand in the table format (minus the hand history number- as per the advice. ive also tried it with it) and copy/pasted. Any ideas where im going wrong?

Cheers
  • edited January 2014
    hi Shaun,

are you going to the hand history from this page , at the top or from the poker lobby?
    it works better from this page
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals : Hi Tikay. Ive just tried to post a hand from the afore mentioned Tourney, ive followed the advice on the BBV section but when I post the hand its all messed up. Ive basically opened the details of the hand in the table format (minus the hand history number- as per the advice. ive also tried it with it) and copy/pasted. Any ideas where im going wrong? Cheers
    Posted by ShaunyT
    Fire away, any question but THAT!

I'm not into Hand Histories, never Posted one in my life, & only read them if it is a choice of reading it or talking to Orford.

I'll guarantee though that very shortly, someone will come along & explain how to Upload a Hand History.
  • edited January 2014

Ha, they already did!

Thanks Devon Bloke.
  • edited January 2014
    hi Shaun, are you going to the hand history from this page , at the top or from the poker lobby? it works better from this page
    Posted by devonfish5
    I was doing it from the lobby. I'll give it a whirl from here in a sec. Cheers mate.

I'll leave it up if it comes out a mess. Might offer some clue as to what im doing wrong.
  • edited January 2014
    and before you start to make it go 'blue' at the bottom is a slide bar.. slide it to the right first. then 'go blue'

it will then post up the whole hand properly  gl
  • edited January 2014
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    accccer03 Small blind  20.00 20.00 1815.00
    amazingted Big blind  40.00 60.00 3479.00
      Your hole cards

All-in  290.00 350.00 0.00
    diger Fold     
    bigrick91 Fold     
    ShaunyT All-in  4605.00 4955.00 0.00
    accccer03 Fold     
    amazingted Fold     
    ShaunyT Unmatched bet  4315.00 640.00 4315.00
     Show

ShaunyT Show

Flop

• K

Turn

River

Win Flush to the King 640.00
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals : I was doing it from the lobby. I'll give it a whirl from here in a sec. Cheers mate. I'll leave it up if it comes out a mess. Might offer some clue as to what im doing wrong.
    Posted by ShaunyT

It also sometimes doesn't copy right depending what IP you are using. EG. I can not copy hand histories whilst using Chrome, but can using Internet Explorer.

Welcome to the forum BTW. Try not to listen to Tikay too much....he is 105 years old and waffles a lot and gets confused :)  
  • edited January 2014
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance accccer03 Small blind   20.00 20.00 1815.00 amazingted Big blind   40.00 60.00 3479.00   Your hole cards 8 8       p0kerpr1nc All-in   290.00 350.00 0.00 diger Fold         bigrick91 Fold         ShaunyT All-in   4605.00 4955.00 0.00 accccer03 Fold         amazingted Fold         ShaunyT Unmatched bet   4315.00 640.00 4315.00 p0kerpr1nc Show 3 2       ShaunyT Show 8 8       Flop     2 K 3       Turn     5       River     10       p0kerpr1nc Win Flush to the King 640.00
    Posted by ShaunyT
    PERFECTO
  • edited January 2014
    Yey did it.

Cheers Devonfish.

Enjoy the hand!!!! I didn't! lol
  • edited January 2014
    NO WORRIES

get used to deleting winners name out b4 u post next time as it is the correct thing to do.
    (unless you win it... obviously :)

best wishes
    dev
  • edited January 2014

Ha, awesome hand!

1) You want those calls all day & night, & twice on Sunday. You'll lose now & then, but don't worry, you win it 4 times in 5. Play that exact scenario 10,000 times & you'll be a millionaire.

2) Why did you bet so much? Never mind why he called so much, that's completely irrelevant, they do what they do, & we do what we do. Generally, that overbet only gets called by a hand that beats you, & it folds out all the worse hands. Not this time, mind......
  • edited January 2014
    NO WORRIES get used to deleting winners name out b4 u post next time as it is the correct thing to do. (unless you win it... obviously :) best wishes dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Deleted it. Cheers mate. Never thought of that.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals : Deleted it. Cheers mate. Never thought of that.
    Posted by ShaunyT
    GOOD BOY :)
  • edited January 2014
    Ha, awesome hand! 1) You want those calls all day & night, & twice on Sunday. You'll lose now & then, but don't worry, you win it 4 times in 5. Play that exact scenario 10,000 times & you'll be a millionaire.   2) Why did you bet so much? Never mind why he called so much, that's completely irrelevant, they do what they do, & we do what we do. Generally, that overbet only gets called by a hand that beats you, & it folds out all the worse hands. Not this time, mind......
    Posted by Tikay10
    It was the first hand back after the break, he was a small stack (290 to my 4000-odd) I was on the button and had the blinds well covered (prob half my stack) and it was a bounty hunter. So I guess I shoved for isolation considering people will call a bet of 290 with anything! also if I re-raise to say 600-750 somebody may sense weakness, shove over the top of me with worse and put me in a tough spot where I have to fold.

I hear what your saying about always getting called by better. Good play you think? or not? Bearing in mind it was a Bounty Hunter, and at low stakes they can be mental!!!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals : It was the first hand back after the break, he was a small stack (290 to my 4000-odd) I was on the button and had the blinds well covered (prob half my stack) and it was a bounty hunter. So I guess I shoved for isolation considering people will call a bet of 290 with anything! also if I re-raise to say 600-750 somebody may sense weakness, shove over the top of me with worse and put me in a tough spot where I have to fold. I hear what your saying about always getting called by better. Good play you think? or not? Bearing in mind it was a Bounty Hunter, and at low stakes they can be mental!!!
    Posted by ShaunyT
    Ahh, I'm sorry, I never read the HH properly. Honestly, they make my eyes bleed profusely.

So we were just raising to iso the shortie, yeah, I'd say that is cool, though I'm totally poo at NLH.

The bloke was down to dust, no surprise he would get it in a tad wide here.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals : Ahh, I'm sorry, I never read the HH properly. Honestly, they make my eyes bleed profusely. So we were just raising to iso the shortie, yeah, I'd say that is cool, though I'm totally poo at NLH. The bloke was down to dust, no surprise he would get it in a tad wide here.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Honestly!?!?

You should proceed to a hospital immediately.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals : Ahh, I'm sorry, I never read the HH properly. Honestly, they make my eyes bleed profusely. So we were just raising to iso the shortie, yeah, I'd say that is cool, though I'm totally poo at NLH. The bloke was down to dust, no surprise he would get it in a tad wide here.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    My head literally explodes when I see things like that.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals : My head literally explodes when I see things like that.
    Posted by Jac35

I have told you a million times before.....stop exaggerating!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals : My head literally explodes when I see things like that.
    Posted by Jac35

Mine only goes when I see Mila Kunis
  • edited January 2014

My Dad used to say before he hit me....

this will hurt me more than it will hurt you

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Hey Guys n Gals : Mine only goes when I see Mila Kunis
    Posted by gazza127
    #truedat
  • edited January 2014
    Posted by Jac35
    Well hope you don't get put on any of my tables! Stuff like this happens to me about 1 in every 20 hands (at least that's what it feels like!

Same Tourney, although not as bad. No wonder I didn't take it down. Oh well, on to the next one.....

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    bigrick91 Small blind  30.00 30.00 2570.00
    ShaunyT Big blind  60.00 90.00 3535.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • K

accccer03 Fold     
    eddiesun26 Fold     
    p0kerpr1nc Fold     
    Raise  180.00 270.00 1035.00
    bigrick91 Fold     
    ShaunyT Call  120.00 390.00 3415.00
    Flop

• K
    • A

ShaunyT All-in  3415.00 3805.00 0.00
     All-in  1035.00 4840.00 0.00
    ShaunyT Unmatched bet  2380.00 2460.00 2380.00
    ShaunyT Show
    • A
    • K

Show
    • J
    • J

Turn

River

Win Flush to the Ace 2460.00
  • edited January 2014
    Shauny, I'm sure Jac was making a knowing reference to Tikay's misinformed use of literal imagery ;)

AK versus JJ is fairly standard stuff though.