You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can People use Poker tracker on Sky?

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Hi,
I was playing the other day and somebody annoyed with a poor call and subsequent suck out started 
telling everybody at the table that i was a losing player because he could see it on some poker tracking software.
He gave a couple of figures...got the decimal point in the wrong place initially and eventually decided I was down £28.78
but would go into profit since it was the later stages of a bounty hunter tourney.
This figure was worringly acurate ....please advise.
Cheers Derek

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Can People use Poker tracker on Sky?:
    Hi, I was playing the other day and somebody annoyed with a poor call and subsequent suck out started  telling everybody at the table that i was a losing player because he could see it on some poker tracking software. He gave a couple of figures...got the decimal point in the wrong place initially and eventually decided I was down £28.78 but would go into profit since it was the later stages of a bounty hunter tourney. This figure was worringly acurate ....please advise. Cheers Derek
    Posted by Deek10
    Hey mate no pokertracker or any tracking software is forbidden on sky, however he will of been using a site called sharkscope, its an online database that records players profits and losses, you can buy a subscribtion or you are allowed 5 searches a day free of charge, you can also block your stats by going onto the site. Hope this helps.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Can People use Poker tracker on Sky?:
    Hi, I was playing the other day and somebody annoyed with a poor call and subsequent suck out started  telling everybody at the table that i was a losing player because he could see it on some poker tracking software. He gave a couple of figures...got the decimal point in the wrong place initially and eventually decided I was down £28.78 but would go into profit since it was the later stages of a bounty hunter tourney. This figure was worringly acurate ....please advise. Cheers Derek
    Posted by Deek10
    Hi Deek,

The reply by K8lou is accurate.

SkyPoker.com does not support, or permit, Poker Tracker

It is almost certain that the player "looked you up" on Sharkscope, which is a site that track's players results, but NOT their actual play.

Anyone - anyone at all - can view your results on Sharkscope, simply by visiting that site & entering your Sky Poker alias.

If you would prefer that people CANNOT do this - & it sounds like you would prefer this - the solution is easy.

Visit "sharkscope.com"

Top right of page, click "OPTIONS".

Click "OPT OUT"

Fill in the form (which is very simple).

Job done.

You do NOT need to be a Sharskscope Subscriber to do this.

You can also report the player to Sky Poker Customer Care for violating the Sky Poker Chatbox rules.

You can report him to Sharkscope, too, as it is against their rules, as well. Their T & C's state.....

Use of data from site to abuse other players is unacceptable. We will refuse to accept new subscription requests from persons reported doing this. Current subscribers guilty of abusive use of the statistics may have their subscriptions immediately terminated with no refund, at our discretion. Any player found to be using the statistics within this database to abuse other players will also forfeit their option to a block of their own data.

Hope that helps.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Can People use Poker tracker on Sky?:
    In Response to Can People use Poker tracker on Sky? : Hi Deek, The reply by K8lou is accurate. SkyPoker.com does not support, or permit, Poker Tracker It is almost certain that the player "looked you up" on Sharkscope, which is a site that track's players results, but NOT their actual play.   Anyone - anyone at all - can view your results on Sharkscope, simply by visiting that site & entering your Sky Poker alias. If you would prefer that people CANNOT do this - & it sounds like you would prefer this - the solution is easy. Visit "sharkscope.com" Top right of page, click "OPTIONS". Click "OPT OUT" Fill in the form (which is very simple). Job done. You do NOT need to be a Sharskscope Subscriber to do this. You can also report the player to Sky Poker Customer Care for violating the Sky Poker Chatbox rules. You can report him to Sharkscope, too, as it is against their rules, as well. Their T & C's state..... Use of data from site to abuse other players is unacceptable. We will refuse to accept new subscription requests from persons reported doing this. Current subscribers guilty of abusive use of the statistics may have their subscriptions immediately terminated with no refund, at our discretion. Any player found to be using the statistics within this database to abuse other players will also forfeit their option to a block of their own data. Hope that helps.
    Posted by Tikay10
    think this is another reason why sky should make it opt in and not opt out.
    Too many players see it as a way of abusing other players.
    Most people  don,t know anything about sharkscope but are opted in automatically not really right is it?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Can People use Poker tracker on Sky? : think this is another reason why sky should make it opt in and not opt out. Too many players see it as a way of abusing other players. Most people  don,t know anything about sharkscope but are opted in automatically not really right is it?
    Posted by churchy18
    Sharkscope is nothing to do with Sky, it's a completely independent site?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Can People use Poker tracker on Sky? : Sharkscope is nothing to do with Sky, it's a completely independent site?
    Posted by Slykllist
    +1, It has NOTHING to do with sky!
  • edited January 2014
    Hey Deek,

28 quids nothing!

Sharkscope's good for keeping a track of how you are doing.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Can People use Poker tracker on Sky? : Sharkscope is nothing to do with Sky, it's a completely independent site?
    Posted by Slykllist
    I know it has nothing too do with sky but as other sites have done players must opt in not opt out that is all i was saying just does not seem right that ss shares peoples information especially those who don,t even know it exists
  • edited January 2014
    Nobody should be embarrassed by being a losing player.

I had a losing year last year. Don't really care as I'm not trying to make a living from it. If someone wants to "abuse" me on that basis I'll be quite relaxed about it as it means they're not insulting me in a way that might actually hurt.

I've said before that I don't see a problem with sharkscope but I think the bigger question we all need to ask ourselves is why do we let this sort of thing bother us?
  • edited January 2014
    Nobody should be embarrassed by being a losing player. I had a losing year last year. Don't really care as I'm not trying to make a living from it. If someone wants to "abuse" me on that basis I'll be quite relaxed about it as it means they're not insulting me in a way that might actually hurt. I've said before that I don't see a problem with sharkscope but I think the bigger question we all need to ask ourselves is why do we let this sort of thing bother us?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    i'm pretty sure it doesn't bother many at all. OP just didn't know about s/s.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Can People use Poker tracker on Sky? : I know it has nothing too do with sky but as other sites have done players must opt in not opt out that is all i was saying just does not seem right that ss shares peoples information especially those who don,t even know it exists
    Posted by churchy18

Although it is very simple to opt out i do think that like other sites it should be an "opt in" scenario. I had never heard of Sharkscope until a thread was started late november time and i would assume that that is the same for a lot of new players. Especially the recreational players like myself.
  • edited January 2014
    I don't really want to hijack the thread but what do people think of Sharkscope? I certainly find it useful, if only for keeping an eye on my own progress. I would imagine that most players that block their stats would not be doing as well as they would like, or am I wrong e.g. blocking stats for deception by very good players?

Thanks Tikay for pointing out the rules on Sharkscope, I certainly didn't know that and I have been abused more than once by people quoting sharkscope stats at me!
  • edited January 2014
    I don't really want to hijack the thread but what do people think of Sharkscope? I certainly find it useful, if only for keeping an eye on my own progress. I would imagine that most players that block their stats would not be doing as well as they would like, or am I wrong e.g. blocking stats for deception by very good players? Thanks Tikay for pointing out the rules on Sharkscope, I certainly didn't know that and I have been abused more than once by people quoting sharkscope stats at me!
    Posted by Enut
    I personally block mine to keep my opponents guessing.
    Its a game of information, why allow them free info?

I unblock it from time to time to check my own stats then block it again.
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks everybody for helping out it was very helpful.
     Just back from first week end of the Bridge home international series. Running score
    Rep Ireland 58
    Scotland 58
    Northern Ire 55
    England A 49
    England B 47
    Wales29
    three pairs in each team with final weekend in March (Manchester). Wating on selectors decision to see if we retain our place.  
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks everybody for helping out it was very helpful.  Just back from first week end of the Bridge home international series. Running score Rep Ireland 58 Scotland 58 Northern Ire 55 England A 49 England B 47 Wales29 three pairs in each team with final weekend in March (Manchester). Wating on selectors decision to see if we retain our place.  
    Posted by Deek10

Surely there are more bridges than that in the U.K.?

Good luck, hope you get selected.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Can People use Poker tracker on Sky? : Surely there are more bridges than that in the U.K.? Good luck, hope you get selected.
    Posted by YOYOY
    Thanks but just heard we have been dropped :(
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Can People use Poker tracker on Sky? : Thanks but just heard we have been dropped :(
    Posted by Deek10

Sorry to hear that mate,better luck next time.