You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Dyms advice can u min raise fold 10 bigs????

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
A long post coming

In a mtt id just shove  obv with 10 bigs

but in dym 4 handed i find if i shove with 10 bigs blinds 150/300 have 3k  on the buton etc try n steal the blinds i get called by a better hand n lose but is there anyway of min raise folding  ive been doing this alot and seems to work so if i raise 600 and some 1 shoves over the top i know they have a better hand this is where player dpendant reads come involved if ive played the guy 6 tabling for a few hrs he could pick up on this and shove light so i try n mix it up some times shove some times min raise if its a tables of newbys i tend to min raise to steal alot as if i get shoved on i prob behind

is there any advice u could give without revealing how u play dyms  i have a strategy of my own which i wont reveal but just when it comes to the every 1 got pretty much 10 bigs left where i get a lil stuck weather to just shove or min raise

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Depends if your name is Ivan or not.

If it is, you can raise fold from a 0.7 ante stack ;)
  • edited January 2014
    In a DYM you can go down to three or four bigs before shoving.
  • edited January 2014
    lol serious question tho ;) every dym i play always gets 4 handed ive played 6 tables for 12 hrs a day n get in these spost all the time i dunno what is best thing to do
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Dyms advice can u min raise fold 10 bigs????:
    lol serious question tho ;) every dym i play always gets 4 handed ive played 6 tables for 12 hrs a day n get in these spost all the time i dunno what is best thing to do
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    This whole post concerns me.
  • edited January 2014

couldnt tell you, im quite a big loser in dyms but ive watched a few vids on deuces craked though where they are just playing standard sngs and they were raise folding out of 10bb stacks.
  • edited January 2014
    I think if you was raising rags like 86 off or somthing and you suspected the bb had qq or summat then folding is ok.  hint hint wink wink
  • edited January 2014
    haha robert   just bad timing there had 6 bigs i think
  • edited January 2014
    3000 at 150/300?
    On the button
    Don't need to steal blinds there Steve

Are you making notes?
    With the amount of games you're playing at the moment, you should have a really good idea of the players you can steal from and the ones you can't.

Hope you're running better now mate.
  • edited January 2014
    If they have a very high fold % from the blinds and you're on the btn, then yes you can but I would much prefer to do this from sb vs bb.
  • edited January 2014
    not being funny but i thought u where quiting?????
  • edited January 2014
    lol serious question tho ;)every dym i play always gets 4 handed ive played 6 tables for 12 hrs a day n get in these spost all the time i dunno what is best thing to do
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    You are kidding me Steve, right?

;)
  • edited January 2014
    3000 at 150/300?
    On the button
    Don't need to steal blinds there Steve

Are you making notes?
    With the amount of games you're playing at the moment, you should have a really good idea of the players you can steal from and the ones you can't.

Hope you're running better now mate

THIS IS SPOT ON

as Jac says with blinds 150/300 and 10 bigs no need to panic.
    4 handed it's do or die 4 me.
    I'd never ever raise/fold
    find a good spot and commit to the hand, it's ALL-IN OR FOLD  every time.
    (better still if 2 others fight it out for you, )

best wishes
    dev
  • edited January 2014
    i mean i always seem to get to the 4 player stage tikay when things get intresting squeaky bum time

i dnt always steal blinds but im thinking if i let theblinds go past me im down to 2450 which would leave me sally short stack as tikay would say then i have to find spots to jam to survive
  • edited January 2014
    Have you ever heard of Nash poker equilibrium? Just because you're getting called by worse hands does not mean your shove is -EV. We always shove with <10bb or fold.

EDIT: i didn't realise it was a DYM. My bad. Uhmm. I think you can min raise fold in dym, but we obv shove before the next round of blinds if we do min raise /fold.
  • edited January 2014
    i mean i always seem to get to the 4 player stage tikay when things get intresting squeaky bum time i dnt always steal blinds but im thinking if i let theblinds go past me im down to 2450 which would leave me sally short stack as tikay would say then i have to find spots to jam to survive
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    I know Steve, I was just messing.

In truth, though, we should ALWAYS get to the 4 player stage, nothing else matters, a DYM is all about that. You can sleep until then, it does not matter. It is ONLY about the 4 player stage.

• edited January 2014
    soon as i said that just come 5th ha
  • edited January 2014
    All the DYM's I've ever played have got to the 4 player stage......

Not always with me still in them of course ;)
  • edited January 2014
    well i raise/fold in MTT's with 10 bigs so I think I'm raise/folding in a DYM with as little as 4bbs :P

j/k tho but I think we can raise/fold with a 7-8bb stack. With 5/6bb's we still have fold equity in a DYM so it's not as disastorous if we have to raise/fold. Make sure you only make this play vs the right player type tho. 
  • edited January 2014
    Of course you can and mostly should if shoved on - especially if it is the first time you have been shoved on.

When we are stealing and get shoved on it is easy to believe we have been "rumbled" whereas in fact it is likely the opponent has the goods - especially in a DYM.

Specific table dynamics and player reads may indicate otherwise - but if minimum raises have been getting thru I would keep on trying and be happy to fold first time I get shoved on.