You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Is the UKPC 27£ rebuy sat back for good??

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
As said above is this sat back for good? not worked out the numbers so I wouldnt know if there was any overlay.

Comments

• edited January 2014

Hi K8,

I've no idea.

I have not seen the numbers, but I read somewhere that it had £400 overlay last night. If that is true, I fear the worst.

There appears - typically - to be extrenely mixed opinions on the structure, ranging from "awful, a shambles" to "perfect, just right". Such is trying to keep poker players happy! Those opinions are
    HERE

I don't know all of those who expressed such diverse opinions, but I know most of them, & the majority are most accomplished players, with good track records, so it's interesting they hold such opposing views!

Fingers crossed, & if I hear anything, I'll deffo make it known on the Community.

I pushed it on here yesterday, & on Twitter, but I'm not sure that helped much.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Is the UKPC 27£ rebuy sat back for good??:
    Hi K8, I've no idea. I have not seen the numbers, but I read somewhere that it had £400 overlay last night. If that is true, I fear the worst. There appears - typically - to be extrenely mixed opinions on the structure, ranging from "awful, a shambles" to "perfect, just right". Such is trying to keep poker players happy! Those opinions are HERE I don't know all of those who expressed such diverse opinions, but I know most of them, & the majority are most accomplished players, with good track records, so it's interesting they hold such opposing views! Fingers crossed, & if I hear anything, I'll deffo make it known on the Community. I pushed it on here yesterday, & on Twitter, but I'm not sure that helped much.
    Posted by Tikay10
    The structure debate was about the UKPC final (£240) - K8lou's question was about the super sat £27 rebuy on thursdays.

I'd love to see the tourney stay. doubt it will with the overlay from last night though...and it doesnt sound so appealing if the whole final table werent to get seats to the UKPC final.
  • edited January 2014
    I hope it does stay on - I have no idea why there was that much overlay as it was certainly a popular satellite a couple of months ago.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Is the UKPC 27£ rebuy sat back for good?? : The structure debate was about the UKPC final (£240) - K8lou's question was about the super sat £27 rebuy on thursdays. I'd love to see the tourney stay. doubt it will with the overlay from last night though...and it doesnt sound so appealing if the whole final table werent to get seats to the UKPC final.
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Ahh, my apologies, speed-reading is a bad thing.

Even so, I found those range of opinions absolutely fascinating. Most people presented their opinions as fact, too. Quite extraordinary. Just shows how subjective these things are. 

There also seemed to be some confusion between the size of the starting stack, & quality of structure, the implication, if I read it correctly, that more chips necessarily = better structure, but that's not true. IMO, of course. 

Anyway, it seems to be producing an eclectic range of qualifiers, from Big Boys to Newbies, which is perfect. Even The Hippo qualified, so it must be easy.  

• edited January 2014

Its not surprising that there was overlay on the £27R super sat as there was overlay when it was run previously. Its a decent amount of money for most on the site and there was little warning it would be back in the schedule. I do feel with a bit of warning/some extra communication that there is more chance that it can continue with no overlay. Also would an option not be to get rid of one of the guaranteed £240 sat seats if there are concerns over overlay?

• edited January 2014
    Yeah would like to play and am still tempted but you're looking at £75 minimum to play it optimally (imo). Sure you could just add on and luckbox it, but am already probably at a skill disadvantage without having a chip one too. 

Perhaps run £5 sats into it, would prob reduce overlay, I'd play them
  • edited January 2014
    Why not run All in sats to the comp?  This would reduce the overlay.
  • edited January 2014
    Yeah would like to play and am still tempted but you're looking at £75 minimum to play it optimally (imo). Sure you could just add on and luckbox it, but am already probably at a skill disadvantage without having a chip one too.  Perhaps run £5 sats into it, would prob reduce overlay, I'd play them
    Posted by Lambert180
    tbh don't see the point of sats into rebuys. It's like winning 1/3 of an entry.

Not a surprise there was overlay first night back.  Next week will be a better judge of how popular it might be.
  • edited January 2014
    Yeah would like to play and am still tempted but you're looking at £75 minimum to play it optimally (imo). Sure you could just add on and luckbox it, but am already probably at a skill disadvantage without having a chip one too.  Perhaps run £5 sats into it, would prob reduce overlay, I'd play them
    Posted by Lambert180
    Sigh.

I don't want to blow smoke up your whatsit, but I don't think that's the case at all.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Is the UKPC 27£ rebuy sat back for good?? : tbh don't see the point of sats into rebuys. It's like winning 1/3 of an entry. Not a surprise there was overlay first night back.  Next week will be a better judge of how popular it might be.
    Posted by GELDY
    Yeah that's an issue with rebuys, personally I'd try multiple sats to pay for the BI, rebuy 1st hand and add on
  • edited January 2014
    2 things...

People don't normally insta rebut in this sat for some reason. Think it's something to do with the flat payout for top 6. The 2k starting stack + the add on is enough IMO. So you could get away with £54. Gives U a good price on getting into the top 6 with a buns for 1st if u make it.

They have got to be the softest tourneys with such a big buy in on sky. A lot of value to be had! 
  • edited January 2014
    Hi K8, I've no idea. I have not seen the numbers, but I read somewhere that it had £400 overlay last night. If that is true, I fear the worst. There appears - typically - to be extrenely mixed opinions on the structure, ranging from "awful, a shambles" to "perfect, just right". Such is trying to keep poker players happy! Those opinions are HERE I don't know all of those who expressed such diverse opinions, but I know most of them, & the majority are most accomplished players, with good track records, so it's interesting they hold such opposing views! Fingers crossed, & if I hear anything, I'll deffo make it known on the Community. I pushed it on here yesterday, & on Twitter, but I'm not sure that helped much.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I only found out about it on the forum, much too late!
    Why not have a tourney every fortnight, but make sure it is advertised on all the shows in advance?
    If you know its going to happen you can plan around it. 24 hours or 48 hours notice doesn't give enough time to get out of family responsibilities.
    I like Lamberts Idea of maybe a nightly £5 all in. To get entry to the supersat with a rebuy thrown in.

• edited January 2014
    not much over lay on this sat now keep it going
  • edited January 2014
    I dont like the sound of satting into rebuy sats, its 1 buy in at the end of the day and if you think your loosing edge by not insta rebuying and adding in why would you to sat in for 1 buy in ? I played this last night and found it a really good sat, unlike 99.9% of the sats on sky it seemed well structured, I think if this was advertised more it would meet the guarantee with np problem..
  • edited January 2014
    2 things... People don't normally insta rebut in this sat for some reason. Think it's something to do with the flat payout for top 6. The 2k starting stack + the add on is enough IMO. So you could get away with £54. Gives U a good price on getting into the top 6 with a buns for 1st if u make it. They have got to be the softest tourneys with such a big buy in on sky. A lot of value to be had! 
    Posted by chicknMelt

cheers for the info melt. Both facts make me more inclined to play. Is it just once per week on Thursday (overlay permitting)?

• edited January 2014
    2 things... People don't normally insta rebut in this sat for some reason. Think it's something to do with the flat payout for top 6. The 2k starting stack + the add on is enough IMO. So you could get away with £54. Gives U a good price on getting into the top 6 with a buns for 1st if u make it. They have got to be the softest tourneys with such a big buy in on sky. A lot of value to be had! 
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Love buns, I'm in
  • edited January 2014
    Why not have it on a friday night. Starting a rebuy MTT at 9.45pm on a thursday night is difficult for people who have to work the next day.
  • edited January 2014
    lambo - yep, once a week on a thurs

Sky - looks like you can swap the £1100 for some buns for 1st place...

jonjo - it only gets about 30-40 runners. it doesnt finish any later than the main I dont think.
  • edited January 2014
    Hi. I'm looking throught the schedule for the £27 rebuy for Sky Poker UKPC but I can't find it.  Has it changed days?  If its had overlays in the past thats just because the tournament seemed ageas away, but as it comes closer I'm sure demand will increase.  Perhaps a different day instead of thursdays will be be better anyway?
  • edited January 2014
    yeah, looks like its gone for now :(   ...shame. I would have played it. sounds like there were a few more interested after this thread from last week too.

Dont see why one of the UKPC final £240 seats wasn't just removed from the guarantee to limit the overlay.
  • edited January 2014
    Sigh :( I was up for it this week
  • edited January 2014
    Is this game discontinued now?  I was going to play it this week as I saw it being talked about last week.

Does anyone know if it's just temp gone or gone for good?
  • edited January 2014
    Is this game discontinued now?  I was going to play it this week as I saw it being talked about last week. Does anyone know if it's just temp gone or gone for good?
    Posted by LuckyAl915
    Hi Lucky,

It returned last week but suffered Overlay again.

Personally, I hope it returns, but I've no idea if it will. 

I would think in the last few weeks leading up to the UKPC, heightened interst will mean the UKPC Satellite schedule may well be tweaked.

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Is the UKPC 27£ rebuy sat back for good?? : Hi Lucky, It returned last week but suffered Overlay again. Personally, I hope it returns, but I've no idea if it will.  I would think in the last few weeks leading up to the UKPC, heightened interst will mean the UKPC Satellite schedule may well be tweaked.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hate to have a moan but its hardly a surprise it had overlay last week though, it had issues before in terms of overlay then suddenly appeared in the lobby with little warning (had a post in here on the day I believe). It seemed it was set up to fail last week and then when it did it got cancelled. A £27R is one of the biggest buy in tournaments (assuming you just double rebuy at the start and add on - Can be the more expensive if we rebuy during the MTT) and is only behind the roller and weekly UKPC sat in terms of buy in. Players need to plan to play a buy in like that. I don't want MTTs with overlay and people who do are very short sighted as that money then has to be found from elsewhere in the medium term. The MTT schedule has been steadily improving for a while now so I just find it disappointing that a tournament is dropped a second time round without a fair chance.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Is the UKPC 27£ rebuy sat back for good?? : Hate to have a moan but its hardly a surprise it had overlay last week though, it had issues before in terms of overlay then suddenly appeared in the lobby with little warning (had a post in here on the day I believe). It seemed it was set up to fail last week and then when it did it got cancelled. A £27R is one of the biggest buy in tournaments (assuming you just double rebuy at the start and add on - Can be the more expensive if we rebuy during the MTT) and is only behind the roller and weekly UKPC sat in terms of buy in. Players need to plan to play a buy in like that. I don't want MTTs with overlay and people who do are very short sighted as that money then has to be found from elsewhere in the medium term. The MTT schedule has been steadily improving for a while now so I just find it disappointing that a tournament is dropped a second time round without a fair chance.
    Posted by MattBates
    That is fair comment, Matt, but it was partly my fault - I was badgering them to bring it back, nag nag nag sorta thing, & they eventually did so at short notice. I really wish I had not asked now, as it had overlay, was announced late, & I ended up with egg on my face. Mind you, not the first time......