You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

promotions on sky

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Thinking about this yesterday with all the debates on promotions on sky and how they are not fair in some players eyes,well heres an idea that I will throw out there.i think all promotions would suit all players rec or regs across the site,if they were put in 3 tiers,1st tier would be for those who have scored less than 5,000 points in the last 3 months,recs would love this as it gives them the chance in all promotions,2nd tier for those who have racked up between 5000 and less than 10,000 points in the last 3 months,and last would be tier 3 those players that score over 10,000 poker points. I do believe this would be a fair way of conducting a promotion and give every player of all levels and br a fair chance of competing for something.comments welcome.

Comments

• edited January 2014
    I do think it's kind of funny that people post proposals for promotions like they're working for the Sky Poker promotions team. Maybe that's what's good about the forum, that it can get attention from the business.

All I would say is that if a tiered promotion is set up then players should really only be eligible within one tier. Previous cash rake races for example were split by table limit, but you could appear on every board. An opt-in code could sort that I guess.

I mean, whatever is offered is great isn't it, but there'll always be grumbles from those that feel hard done by.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: promotions on sky:
    I do think it's kind of funny that people post proposals for promotions like they're working for the Sky Poker promotions team. Maybe that's what's good about the forum, that it can get attention from the business. All I would say is that if a tiered promotion is set up then players should really only be eligible within one tier. Previous cash rake races for example were split by table limit, but you could appear on every board. An opt-in code could sort that I guess. I mean, whatever is offered is great isn't it, but there'll always be grumbles from those that feel hard done by.
    Posted by bbMike
    I did not post this proposal for promotions like im working for sky team as u put it,i put it up here as an idea as like u said there'll always be grumbles but my idea accomadates every customer acroos the board.
  • edited January 2014
    I think the raffle promotion they have run a couple of times is by far the fairest. It gives everyone a chance of winning the top prize but it rightly favours the guys that put in the most hours as they gained more tickets and therefore a better chance.
  • edited January 2014
    It's just simply impossible (or very close to impossible) to keep everyone happy with every promotion. I guess that's why they do so many little promos, rather than a few very big ones.

Even if Sky went with the numbers mentioned above you're still gonna get loads of moaning, for instance the people who just about make Prio every month, so get around 10-12k are now at the absolute bottom of their tier and have no hope of beating the biggest rakers on the site who bash out 30k+ a month.

Are some people gonna then deliberately get 9999 points so they can smash up the 5k-10k tier? I definitely think if Sky had announced the PS4 promo mid Dec then loads of people would have deliberately got just under 10k and then went back to max volume in Jan.
  • edited January 2014
    Are some people gonna then deliberately get 9999 points so they can smash up the 5k-10k 
    If they did it wouldn't make any sense. You get quite a bit more cash back by getting 10k points as opposed to 9999 points. Over 3 months that adds up to quite a bit.

Problem is though there are lurkers that play on other sites mainly but have an account with sky that might decide to enter these promo's when they come along. They'll be eligible for w/e tier they want because they haven't played that much in the past 3 months 
  • edited January 2014
    If they did it wouldn't make any sense. You get quite a bit more cash back by getting 10k points as opposed to 9999 points. Over 3 months that adds up to quite a bit. Problem is though there are lurkers that play on other sites mainly but have an account with sky that might decide to enter these promo's when they come along. They'll be eligible for w/e tier they want because they haven't played that much in the past 3 months 
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Depends on what you play tbh, sngs wont be much more than £200 for 10k. When the double points promo is on it is possible to get less of a reward for making priority than 9999 points. A few months back my reward was in the region of £170, needless to say I wasnt best pleased but sky realised this problem and topped up to £200.
  • edited January 2014
    Im 30 months playing on sky and have played 6000 games. 

TODAY is my first to be given a password for a priavte freeroll.....WOOOHOO I HEAR U SAY? 

Its at 2pm however !!!! So i wont be around.

Oh well maybe in 3 years time :)

Seems like a reasonable suggestion Chillie. I have said it before and I will say it again ....the promotions tend to go towards people that play alot in a short space of time ( and then go off to another site). I dont play alot in a short space of time but a play a few over a long period of time (spending the same or more in the long run). Yet I dont get the juicy promo tourneys. 

Not a complaint (as i never expect anything free) just a thought for sky is all.

Ger
  • edited January 2014
    Gerardgirl no offence but didnt you say on other post that you have neevr made over 500 points?.
    If this is the case then youve probly payed sky barely next to none in rake so promos shouldnt be given towards those who dont play much.

Those who play lots of rake deserve all the promos and then players say "i havent got the bankroll" bla bla but everyone starts somewhere.

Ive been on this site since the start and made priority more times than i can remember and ive never once had a password yet i pay £1000S in rake does this seem fair?

Only way sky can do promose fairly is do it in tiers with certain code that have to be entered to you dont get plaers goin down in levels which isnt fair besides that there should only be big promos for those who actually play alot or eventually another site will offer something better and those players will grind elsewhere.
  • edited January 2014
    Those who play lots of rake deserve all the promos
    Posted by kidwiz10

No. Just no. A lot of the promos, yes. Most of the promos, maybe. But "all the promos" - No.
  • edited January 2014
    The only players who deserve promos are those who have just signed up to the site or those who pay alot of rake.

Sky is a buisiness so giving players who only play freerolls dont deserve anything.

Ive always said sky should run promos every month in different tiers for thos who deserve what they put in. so the more points you earn the better your reward is , giving those who dont contribute to the site shouldnt recieve anything.

Net depositer freerolls sky should have so if u say deposit £20 in a month and earn 250 points or something then things like this should be rewarded.
  • edited January 2014
    So recreational players who've been here for years, playing an hour or two each night, don't deserve anything?
  • edited January 2014
    So recreational players who've been here for years, playing an hour or two each night, don't deserve anything?
    Posted by FCHD

Sky aint the red corss charity shop so shouldnt give thing for free.

As i said depends what they play , what are sky reciving from players who play 60p dyms for half an hour a week or nl4 for an hour NOTHING so why should these plaers recieve anything?.

If you said a player who plays few hours there and then and pays a frequent amount of rake then yes this is fair enough .
  • edited January 2014
    I paid $777 dollars rake last year and $2892 since joining in Jul 2011.

I reckon thats a reasonable profit for sky dont you think?

Ger
  • edited January 2014
    I paid $777 dollars rake last year and $2892 since joining in Jul 2011. I reckon thats a reasonable profit for sky dont you think? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    So you think you deserve something back?

You're not just paying the rake so Sky can profit.  You are paying for a service which in this instance is Sky providing a platform for you to play poker on.  You're expecting money back when you have chosen to pay for something. 

The only reason anyone kicks up a fuss about the promos is because fortunately it seems Sky listen and genuinely try to benefit all.  I doubt anyone is chasing after their energy providers demanding some sort of promo from them
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: promotions on sky : Sky aint the red corss charity shop so shouldnt give thing for free. As i said depends what they play , what are sky reciving from players who play 60p dyms for half an hour a week or nl4 for an hour NOTHING so why should these plaers recieve anything?. If you said a player who plays few hours there and then and pays a frequent amount of rake then yes this is fair enough .
    Posted by kidwiz10
    So, let me get this right.

You're saying that losing players who deposit regularly to the site are less deserving of an incentive than players who don't deposit, and make a living off the site?

That being the case. If they all left, because lets face it, there are plenty of other sites!
    Where would grinders find their income?

Piffle!

Sky should continue to:- listen and where possible cater for all players!

• edited January 2014
    Once again I clarify I never stated I wanted something back and Im not complaining.
    Please read my posts before attacking me.

Yours sincerely 
    Happy gerardirl :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: promotions on sky : So, let me get this right. You're saying that losing players who deposit regularly to the site are less deserving of an incentive than players who don't deposit, and make a living off the site? That being the case. If they all left, because lets face it, there are plenty of other sites! Where would grinders find their income? Piffle! Sky should continue to:- listen and where possible cater for all players!  
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    If you read what i said again!.

I stated that players who deserve to have promos are those who deposit on a regular basis and have to earn a certain amount of points before they can withdraw if they want entry into speciall freerolls eg.

Without those depositers there wouldnt be any money in the site as i know this.

Im on about the players who dont play on the site much and those are the ones who always ask for free things!.

And yes those who dont play much but do contribute in the same way dont deserve the rewards that grinders do as they deserve much more.

Sky do cater for all players but only those who actually play should be rewarded.