You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10% next year (June up date)

edited August 2010 in Poker Chat
thats a really great jesture mohican gl for next year.dav

Comments

• edited July 2010
    I've decided that next year, 10% of all my poker winnings will going to charity.
    On my current form, it won't a great deal but it's a start. My chosen charity
     is- http://www.sense.org.uk/
    So remember, if I give you a bad beat next you can draw some comfort that some of
    it will go to charity.
    I'll update my profile at the end of every month if anyones interested as to how much I've shipped
    over.
    Merry Xmas and a happy new year,
    Mohican
  • edited December 2009
    I hope u win loads m8.

Really generous of u.

Good luck!!!
  • edited December 2009
    very kind of you,gl and i hope you win a lot :)
  • edited December 2009
    Great stuff. The very best of luck to you.
  • edited December 2009
    good luck, if it was me they would end up owing me money lol
  • edited December 2009
    That's a very nice thing to do, hope you win mega bucks.
  • edited December 2009
    nice one man, good luck
  • edited December 2009
    great gesture sir.
    look forward to seeing your progress each month.
  • edited December 2009
    glgl sir.

very nice gesture
  • edited December 2009
    Great sentiment my freind.  Lets hope you win the lot!  Apart from when your at my tables - hehe!
  • edited February 2010
    After some quick sums (on a calculator) my total profit for the month means I'll be sending
    £5.38 to my charity (http://www.sense.org.uk/).
    I know it's not a lot and it would have been more but qualifying for Luton ate up some
    bankroll and my uncanny ability to donk chips/cash whilst playing didn't help.
    Hopefully I'll be able to send more next month.
    regards,
    Mohican.
  • edited February 2010

Many congrats Mr Mohican, that's a fine thing you dang.
  • edited February 2010
    In Response to Re: 10% next year:
    glgl sir. very nice gesture
    Posted by LadyFingrs
    :)
  • edited February 2010
    Shows that the world does have some good people left after all.

I am trying to buy a new vest. Next year maybe I will give some to charity. Depends how many holes in my socks.
  • edited February 2010
    I'll do my piece but not sitting at your table, hows that. hehe
  • edited March 2010
    Not a good month for me. A combination of bad luck, bad play and bad beats has seen me on a downswing this month. Going to donate a fiver anyway. Chip donations at the SPT Luton will gratefully recieved so I can make a profit and a proper donation for March.
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 10% next year (Feb up date):
    Not a good month for me. A combination of bad luck, bad play and bad beats has seen me on a downswing this month. Going to donate a fiver anyway. Chip donations at the SPT Luton will gratefully recieved so I can make a profit and a proper donation for March.
    Posted by Mohican
    Nice One Mate!!! Good luck in March!!
    Great to meet you at Luton, think I was very, very drunk when we chatted in bar..... so prob embarressed myself lol
    What a great day/nite tho! got to bed bout 5am!!! gl again
    Dave 'Hitman' Harvey
  • edited March 2010
    good to play sngs with you last night, and with the game you had last night im sure you will be giving loads!!!
  • edited March 2010
    In Response to Re: 10% next year (Feb up date):
    In Response to Re: 10% next year (Feb up date) : Nice One Mate!!! Good luck in March!! Great to meet you at Luton, think I was very, very drunk when we chatted in bar..... so prob embarressed myself lol What a great day/nite tho! got to bed bout 5am!!! gl again Dave 'Hitman' Harvey
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Wasn't sober myself!!! Had breakfast at 7 in the hotel before I got to bed.
  • edited March 2010
    Been using my BR to try to qualify for bigger events(made the primo) and won a few quid here and there in tourneys and cash but no profit to show for the month. So once again i'm just giving a fiver. Learnt a few things this month and have bottomed out of downswing, so onwards and upwards and hopefully and bigger donation after April's battles on the felt.
  • edited July 2010
    April saw me give a fiver and May saw me decimate my bankroll with a little help from everyone's friend tilt. The beginning of June saw me put half of my online bankroll on a £5 deepstack which i promptly took down, followed by two cashes in the Primo tournament. So with a few cashes here and there I restored my bankroll and made a £110 profit. So £11 plus May's usual donation of a fiver will see £16 in my charity's coffers.
     More good news comes from my favourite donk Hitman rv. After a long, deep and meaningful conversation(ie v.drunk) at the Luton SPT, he promised me a 10% donation to my charity after his next big win. Well after he took down Sundays £55 deepstack a very sizable donation has been coughed up by the man himself. So to reciprocate the favour, I'm going to see if the entry into take -on - tikay i won on Saturday night can be given to Hitman Rv to thank him for his kind gesture.
     Feel the love people, share the love people and more importantly share your winnings with charity!!!!
    good luck in July all
    regards,
    Mohican.
  • edited July 2010
    Big respect to hitman rv.

Gl with this. :)
  • edited July 2010
    Yeessssss, skyrich has okayed Hitman_Rv's entry into a take-on-tikay.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 10% next year (June up date):
    Posted by Mohican
     Thanks mate, just got your pm, looking forward to it already!! Decided any winnings in this will go 100% to ur sense charity!!
     Just been on the site & made my sunday deepstack donation, it asked me for a reason!! So I put:-

" Thank Mohican and the Sky Poker Donks"

That should confuse 'em lol

Keep up the good work

The Hitman

Gee it feels good to be nice, must try more often!!!
  • edited July 2010

In Response to Re: 10% next year (June up date) :  Thanks mate, just got your pm, looking forward to it already!! Decided any winnings in this will go 100% to ur sense charity!!  Just been on the site & made my Sunday deepstack donation, it asked me for a reason!! So I put:- " Thank Mohican and the Sky Poker Donks" That should confuse 'em lol Keep up the good work The Hitman Gee it feels good to be nice, must try more often!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Just 10% of any donked winnings would've done!!!lol
    In the reason i put 'I am Mohican, another one of the skypoker donks'. Should add to the confusion at the charity's revenue team.
    Just remember, any hideous bad beat I dish out means more money to charity.
    regards,
    Mohican.
  • edited July 2010
    In Response to Re: 10% next year (June up date) : Just 10% of any donked winnings would've done!!!lol In the reason i put 'I am Mohican, another one of the skypoker donks'. Should add to the confusion at the charity's revenue team. Just remember, any hideous bad beat I dish out means more money to charity. regards, Mohican.
    Posted by Mohican
    LOL!! This could really catch on!!!
  • edited July 2010
    Posted by Mohican
    OMG!! How funny is this...........

Take on Tikay

Tournament Complete

Finished at 23:51 - 13 Jul

• :
    • :
    • :

This is a TV-only game

Starts At
    Started At
    Buy-In
    Running For
    Prize Pool
    Registered
    63 / 1500
    Players Left
    Chips
    Blind Limits
    Blinds
    Current
    Next
    In
    Stacks
    Largest
    Average
    Smallest
    HITMAN_RV - £189 + 40 League Points
    TommyD - £126 + 36 League Points
    sim75 - £88.20 + 28 League Points
    timeforbed - £63 + 22 League Points
    Dollie - £50.40 + 18 League Points
    FOXRIVER - £44.10 + 14 League Points
    aussie09 - £37.80 + 10 League Points

Over the Moon with this!!!! Well played to everyone very sporting throughout!!
    Ul, to TommyD & sim75, I hit a couple of monsters at the rite time, wp!!

Right as promised, with a slight change,lol
    I will take the 'small change' for a celebration round of drink & shots, for me & Mo at Swansea,
    Balence of £150 quid will go to Mo's Sense charity with my blessing, well done to all who contribuited.

p.s. Monkey, 63 runners, £630 prize pool, car park spot 63!!!! FREAKKY!!! [lucky i did'nt come 4th lol]

The Hitman

• edited July 2010
    Nice one - and congratulations.
  • edited July 2010
    Good work fella. As for the drinks, you could be on your own as I've yet to qualify,working on it though.
  • edited July 2010
    THE TIME   -    8pm, sat 31st July
    THE PLACE -    MasterCash, The GRIND
    THE SALE   -    There is ONLY ONE Hitman Harvey DONKFEST!

Join in, be fun

10% of any winnings to Charity, [am always over-ambitious]

MO, am just about to post this up!! Wanted you to see it first, lol