You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Poker points issue?

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
HI all just wondering if anyone else has come accross this.

Two people have advised me they lost all their poker points at the start of the month for some unknown reason?

Has anyone else come across this. ONe queried with customer service and they said this is normal (but its not of course)

Ger

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Poker points issue?:
    HI all just wondering if anyone else has come accross this. Two people have advised me they lost all their poker points at the start of the month for some unknown reason? Has anyone else come across this. ONe queried with customer service and they said this is normal (but its not of course) Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    That's normal gerard, it's not an issue. Points get deducted at the start of the month in exchange for the Sky Poker Rewards bonus that you then receive. 

It's covered in the ts and cs here: 

• Poker points accrued each month and converted into cash will be deducted from the account by 18:00:00 GMT on the 2nd business day following the relevant calendar month end.

and 

• The relevant poker points will be deducted and converted to the nearest '100' at the lower tier, for example if a player earns 1489 points, 1400 points will be removed from the player's account.
  • edited January 2014
    Yes they are the cash for  pts however I have total poker pts of 994 in my account which are not put back to zero and these are the pts i use for freerolls and the pts they have lost seemingly.

Gerl
  • edited January 2014
    So for example i have accumulated 114pts this month and in my account i have 900 poker pts. So I could not possibly have 900 pts if it reset to zero at the beginning of the month.

Ger
  • edited January 2014
    It isn't reset to zero, it's just the points used to exchange for a Sky Poker Rewards bonus (to the nearest 100) are taken off. 

It may be that if you earn below a threshold of 500 points then they are not taken from you to allow you to play in freerolls, I will check this with the marketing dept and get the terms on the page clarified if that is the case.
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks, I never hit 500pts and my total pts never reduce (even at the start of the month) unless I use them for a freeroll.

Ger
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Poker points issue?:
    Thanks, I never hit 500pts and my total pts never reduce (even at the start of the month) unless I use them for a freeroll. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Same for me too
    I have over 5000 poker points and rarely play freerolls.

Anyone want to buy some ? :-))
  • edited January 2014
    I had the same thing on 3rd January had over 5k "poker points", under "free stuff" in my account.

A couple of days ago it was reduced to 500ish "poker points"

Spoke to CC, they said that was correct cause it's reset every month. Then after that it was at 900plus points, even though I didn't have 900 pokerpoints (c4p)

Used to always think the poker points under "free stuff" in your account was separate to "poker points" (what used to be called C4p)
  • edited January 2014
    Yes they were always seperate and it doesnt seem to be consistent. Lets see what Dave comes back with. There was a post a few weeks back about change in terms and conditions ...something about people receiving a mail to advise. I never got his mail. I wonder is this something they changed?

Ger
  • edited January 2014
    Hi again guys,

To confirm, as thought, the poker points you earn in the month minus 500 points are deducted from your total points balance (free stuff section), so if you earn 1120 points in the month 620 points are taken from the total balance. And if you don't earn over 500 points then nothing is deducted, which would explain why Ger you have been able to still build points up.

The poker points balance under "free stuff" is the total balance that we have been referring to. You are likely to accrue a small number of points here over time, depending on how many freerolls you play (there are some exceptions historically with large balances) but it is not competely separate to your monthly poker points total that you monitor in the widget etc. points have always been deducted, that's not new.

Sounds like the process may be looked at soon so the above may change.

• edited January 2014
    Ok thanks Dan. So if you earn 900 pts in a month you should have 400 deducted and be left with 500. My friend was left with none.

I'm fearing now that process being looked at soon means I will lose my points! Hope not

thanks
    Ger