You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

pc? or software?

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
hi all
ive seen a few people saying the same on here but im not convinced
I was multi tabling 6 cash tables old style and had a problem with them often freezing timing out I went to 5 and all worked ok so have stayed with 5 for past year or so
then I tried to multi table 3 tournys using new tables and it was a night mare in the end closed pc down and watched telly lol
question is new pc or how do I upgrade
im currently using a quad core processor 2.8 ghz
4gig of ram
windows 7
any suggestions would be grateful

also using virgin broadband and have a download speed of 104 meg and upload of 10 meg

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Do you connect to your router wirelessly or use a cable?
  • edited January 2014
    Its something at your end just got to work it out.

Mine started running slow a couple months ago. I had just connected my sky box to router wirelessly and for some reason it slowed all internet down. So i took it off job done.

Once a year or so I wipe hard disk reinstall windows as I find pc over time just slow down.

Extra ram is cheap, so stick some more in. Although 4 should be enough.

I find laptops are poor apart from basic tasks as most overheat very easily.

Also its always best to connect to internet via cable not wireless, its faster, more reliable and more secure.
  • edited January 2014
    i can 12 table on stars and it runs as smooth as silk, any more than 4 on sky and i get constant gateway errors. im no computer expert but it has to be something to do with sky.
  • edited January 2014
    + 1 to the rock and since the new tables have been introduced made things alot worse i can be on 6 tables on sky and i play my other site aswell all of a sudden my tables freee up on sky cnt play a hand for 10 mins or so yet im playing poker on my other site fine
  • edited January 2014
    hi all cheers for advice
    i am wired for my pc never play wireless its just not worth it like i say the old style tables i can multi table 5 perfect new style no more than 2 ?? just tried it on download side for a change that's no better may look at new site as just cant work this problem is i love sky games and times :-(
  • edited January 2014
    I have just bought a new laptop (well refurbed one) and it has 4 gb ram. I can run 6 tables without a problem (well apart from internet issues that I'm fighting with constantly at the minute).
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: pc? or software?:
    hi all cheers for advice i am wired for my pc never play wireless its just not worth it like i say the old style tables i can multi table 5 perfect new style no more than 2 ?? just tried it on download side for a change that's no better may look at new site as just cant work this problem is i love sky games and times :-(
    Posted by chefboy79
    It may be worthwhile cleaning up your pc. Check which programmes are running at start up to begin with. When you install a new programme a lot of them  are set to run at start up. I'm on Vista and do this by going to Control Panel then Admininstrative Tools next System Configuration then start up. You can then deselect what you don't want to run.

You could also try running diagnostic software to keep your PC at optimum levels. There are plenty of free ones available