You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

DYM bubble call or fold? (Move to clinic please)

**Mods can you move to clinic**

So situation - DYM bubble, I have about 4 BB's and villain* has about 3 bigs left. Other two stacks have around 7 bigs each.

The villain in the hand is a very experienced and very good DYM player who I have played with many, many times. He will therefore understand I'm employing correct DYM strategy and not calling shoves very often(especially on the bubble).

He shoves utg and I put him on a very wide range (very possibly any 2) trying to be first into the pot (in correct dym strategy), he knows the two bigger stacks wont get involved without real monsters and I'm unlikely to call off light.

If I fold I would become the shortie with 3 bigs and I'm in sb next hand. Therefore next hand if one of the bigger stacks don't raise I will probably have to go with the shove any 2 move myself. If I do get a raise before me in the next hand then I'll be left with 2.5 bigs on the button and will therefore have lost a lot of my fold equity against the bigger stacks but still be faced with having to shove any two (everyone at the table will be aware I'll be shoving wide).

Anyway should I call? Good player thought I called too light but I didn't think so given the circumstances. To me this is definitely more of a call against a good player than a weaker player ironically. i.e. against Jac or Patwalsh it's a snap call lol

I should also add I'm on my biggest downswing since I started playing on Sky and my heads pretty fried at the moment.

*doesn't feel right saying villain here because he's good guy and player.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Togodumnus Small blind  300.00 300.00 3510.00
jdsallstar Big blind  600.00 900.00 1895.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

XAll-in  1770.00 2670.00 0.00
Lorna987 Fold     
Togodumnus Fold     
jdsallstar Call  1170.00 3840.00 725.00
jdsallstar Show
  • K
  • Q

XShow

?

?

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Am probably calling here.  I would know that oppo is shoving with the thick end of any two so we are likely to be ahead and a good chance of dominating them.  Fold is fine though
  • edited January 2014
    Just stove it and see how wide he needs to be shoving. Against 60% range we have 58% equity. I think that's enough equity that we have to call/

[QUOTE[I should also add I'm on my biggest downswing since I started playing on Sky and my heads pretty fried at the momentWhy do you need to add that? How you are running shouldn't affect your decisions :)

• edited January 2014
    Splinters Chav? :)

Big sigh, then call for me. Expect to see a raggy ace a lot. Flop quads and cash.
    Been in this situation plenty of times. We fold and then 30 seconds later we're kicking ourselves as we find ourselves all in with 8 3'

Btw the way I think you made a typo in OP.
    Snap fold v me obv :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: DYM bubble call or fold? (Move to clinic please):
    Just stove it and see how wide he needs to be shoving. Against 60% range we have 58% equity. I think that's enough equity that we have to call/ [QUOTE[ I should also add I'm on my biggest downswing since I started playing on Sky and my heads pretty fried at the moment
    Why do you need to add that? How you are running shouldn't affect your decisions :)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic

I know running bad shouldn't affect our decisions but sometimes that's easier said than done and the reason I put the hand up was that I wanted to check I was still playing ok. I thought it was relevant info for anybody reading and replying because it could be affecting my decisions.

Thanks for your reply and looking up those figures for me.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: DYM bubble call or fold? (Move to clinic please):
    Splinters Chav? :) Big sigh, then call for me. Expect to see a raggy ace a lot. Flop quads and cash. Been in this situation plenty of times. We fold and then 30 seconds later we're kicking ourselves as we find ourselves all in with 8 3' ... Btw the way I think you made a typo in OP. Snap fold v me obv :)
    Posted by Jac35
    That's exactly the situation I wanted to avoid!

Oh and typo........no chance! If you call with 98 off what are you shoving?! haha it's fun reminding you about that hand continually!