You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TONIGHT LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
Player of the year 2013 (and probably 2014)

Divsdreams

Hardly a day goes by without seeing his name in GaryQQQ's results thread.

Comments

• edited January 2014

Are you feeling it..?

The...

?

You know what I'm talking about. This Tuesday is not Tuesday. It's

TURBO TUESDAY

So make sure you're playing it and make sure you're also watching
    Sky Poker TV
    , streamed on this site or on Sky Channel 861, LIVE this Tuesday night from 7 till midnight for a bit of R & R,

Richard Orford
     and Ross Jarvis,
    with this:

7pm – 8pm – Tonight On Sky Poker

£20K Super Roller final table coverage from Sunday 12th January

8pm-9pm – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the main event: the £5K Turbo Open

9pm – 11pm – Master Cash and Main Event

Live action from the Master Cash tables AND the Main Event                                                                                          

11pm – Midnight – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the £5K Turbo Open – Late stages (final table and a winner)

All banter, questions, hand requests gratefully received and read out on the show, so do your worst...either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

And Tuesday night of course is when we do our...

MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMPETITION!

Everyone loves doing this every Tuesday night and if you don't know by now how it works, then listen up!
    To be in it, all you have to do is register your interest either here on the forum or via Twitter with the hashtag skypoker.
    Remember, no emails wll be accepted for the last longer.

You must have registered your interest before the proper start at 8pm on Tuesday night, even if you register or satellite in for the actual event during late reg.

The winner (i.e. whoever lasts the longest purely out of the players who enter this competition only. Not all the players who enter the main event) will get free-rolled into Thursday's main event, the £12,000 Sky Sports Bounty Hunter!

And finally..

WHO IS SKY POKER PLAYER OF THE YEAR?

Just for a bit of fun. In a nod to Cristiano Ronaldo winning last night Ballon D'Or, if there was a similar award for Sky Poker's huge community of players- taken purely over the calendar year of 2013- w
    ho, in your opinion, would deserve to win it?

Please jot down your reasons why too. Should make for an interesting debate.

Looking forward to your answers and see you Tuesday at 7!
  • edited January 2014
    OK - I'm in for the last longer.

I also have a question for Richard:

During Movember I didn't see you growing a moustache, yet TK grew a long flowing silver mane of hair, Ryan grew some amazing pearly whites and Ross grew a personality! 
    When are you going to do YOUR bit for charity?

• edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM***:
    Player of the year 2013 (and probably 2014) Divsdreams Hardly a day goes by without seeing his name in GaryQQQ's results thread.
    Posted by VespaPX

I would vote for Divsdreams aswell mate ( i sometimes think he only joins the tourneys when they are down to 2 tables :) )

In for the last longer please aswell Rich
  • edited January 2014
    In the last longer.

My Player of the year would be Mac Monster.
    Reason: Regular consistency!
  • edited January 2014
    My player of the year would be Slyklist

He has to have been one of the most consistent players in SPT's throughout 2013
    He runs one of the most popular competitions on the site
    and i'm told he's a jolly decent chap as well

Maybe he'll prove he deserves the title when he takes down the UKPC!

Last longer please, if I make it through the All In Sats
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM***:
    My player of the year would be Slyklist He has to have been one of the most consistent players in SPT's throughout 2013 He runs one of the most popular competitions on the site and i'm told he's a jolly decent chap as well Maybe he'll prove he deserves the title when he takes down the UKPC! Last longer please, if I make it through the All In Sats
    Posted by DUNMIDOSH
    last longer please
  • edited January 2014
    Cheers for the replies so far. Good suggestions.

Surprised no-one has mentioned a player who played rarely in 2013 but seemed to always cash when he did. Someone who bubbled a UKOPS High Roller Satellite and took £400 and recently won the 2.20 £2.20 Deepstack at the first time of asking.

Forget his name now. Oxford-something, I think...

;-)
  • edited January 2014
    OK - I'm in for the last longer. I also have a question for Richard: During Movember I didn't see you growing a moustache, yet TK grew a long flowing silver mane of hair, Ryan grew some amazing pearly whites and Ross grew a personality!  When are you going to do YOUR bit for charity?
    Posted by BigBluster
    Tommorow night on the 5p/10p cash tables :)

Player of the year can be very subjective in poker.  On one hand you have players like DivsDreams, TommyD, maxally and MattBates who seem to take every single tournament down, big or small.  Then you have players like Lambert180 who have improved so much over the last 12 months or MacMonster who has laid waste to all before him both online and live but my vote has got to go to the person who has shocked the poker world in one tournament.  After his win major players have had to sit up and take notice of him and adjust thier game plans to take account of him.  In my opinion the ONLY person deserving of player of the year is.......... Richard Orford for taking down the rainman £2.20 at 2.20 deepstack at the first attempt.  Truely the shock, and result, of last year.

In for the last longer please :)

Run golden all and have fun
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE MAIN EVENT LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM*** : Tommorow night on the 5p/10p cash tables :) Player of the year can be very subjective in poker.  On one hand you have players like DivsDreams, TommyD, maxally and MattBates who seem to take every single tournament down, big or small.  Then you have players like Lambert180 who have improved so much over the last 12 months or MacMonster who has laid waste to all before him both online and live but my vote has got to go to the person who has shocked the poker world in one tournament.  After his win major players have had to sit up and take notice of him and adjust thier game plans to take account of him.  In my opinion the ONLY person deserving of player of the year is.......... Richard Orford for taking down the rainman £2.20 at 2.20 deepstack at the first attempt.  Truely the shock, and result, of last year. In for the last longer please :) Run golden all and have fun
    Posted by cenachav
    Like your style, Mark. :-)
  • edited January 2014
    in for the last longer please rich
  • edited January 2014
    Ok, so what you're after is Sky Poker's Cristiano Ronaldo

a) a damn fine player

b) thinks he's even better than a "damn fine player"

c) has pretty low opinions on most other players

d) splits opinion in a "love him" or "hate him" type manner

There's only one player it could be.

Who is it

It's got to be Smitalos!
  • edited January 2014
    In for the last longer please x
  • edited January 2014
    Less than 3 hours till showtime and 4 hours till playtime!

Make sure you register for the last longer. Someone's gotta win that Sky Sports Bounty Hunter seat.

It's out of 8 people at the moment. Even I'd fancy my chances at that!
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM***:
    Less than 3 hours till showtime and 4 hours till playtime! Make sure you register for the last longer. Someone's gotta win that Sky Sports Bouonty Hunter seat. It's out of 8 people at the moment. Even I'd fancy my chances at that!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I reckon you would sneak into the top 10 :)
  • edited January 2014
    Hi Rich and Ross!. Have a great show guys... last longer please m8.

Player of year =Mr Bates. Although ty  Vespa and Dim.. £20 each on the way

Presenter of 2013 - Rich Orford... Class act. Great presenting skills and made me laugh with good and bad jokes last year. Good luck in 2014.. Laters all..
  • edited January 2014
    last longer please

my vote for for poker player of the year would be

lambert180 their is no one who I thing is more helpful in the community than paul.
  • edited January 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford and Mr Jarvis.
    Player of the year has got to be your good self Mr Orford, for taking down the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK.
    Not only did you win it, you crushed all the opposition like they were beetles.
    It WAS A MASTER CLASS IN POKER.
    Would love to see you back in the £2.20 @2.20 DEEPSTACK SOON , TO PROVE TO EVERYONE YOU ARE THE MASTER.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
    P.S I am tipping you to take down the WSOP MAIN EVENT. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: TONIGHT LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM***:
    Hi Rich and Ross!. Have a great show guys... last longer please m8. Player of year =Mr Bates. Although ty  Vespa and Dim.. £20 each on the way Presenter of 2013 - Rich Orford... Class act. Great presenting skills and made me laugh with good and bad jokes last year. Good luck in 2014.. Laters all..
    Posted by DivsDreams
    Cheers but can I swap the £20 for your mtt secrets? 

• edited January 2014
    In the last longer please.
    Player of the year, well it must be Anna Fowler, she has outlasted the Anylists about every time when on tv.
    Now maybe she will forgive me.
  • edited January 2014
    have a great show guys

count mein for last longer :)
  • edited January 2014
    Good evening Mr Orford... I am tipping you to take down the WSOP MAIN EVENT. 
    Posted by rainman397
    Whatever you're smokin' Dustin - cut the dose! ;)

May as well stick me in the last longer while I'm here.
  • edited January 2014
    Player of the year has to be Tikay - for proving you can be past it but still make money at poker
  • edited January 2014
    last longer please matisbak
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to TONIGHT LIVE on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ross ***REGISTER ON HERE FOR THE LAST LONGER COMP BEFORE 8PM***:

Despite it sounding like an audition for an adult movie I would like to be entered into the last longer competition.

Many thanks and have a great show.
  • edited January 2014
    Excited about the show tonight, we are getting ready as I speak! 

As I'm still fairly new to Sky Poker I'll be choosing my sky player of the year from our incredible ;) team of presenters and analysts. Any bets on who you think will take it down? 

See you at 7pm, keep your tweets and emails flying in!!! 
  • edited January 2014
    have a great show guys Count Mein for last longer :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Isn't he the German player who reached the November 9 a couple of years ago?  A great addittion to Sky Poker if it is
  • edited January 2014
    In for last longer please.
  • edited January 2014
    last longer please
  • edited January 2014

last longer please

• edited January 2014
    Last longer please