You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SICK SUCKOUTS...(MTT)

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to SICK SUCKOUTS...(MTT):
    i seem to running so bad at the minute in these big MTT mainly bounty hunters. im getting it all in pre- with KK VS AQ AK ...and low and behold the miracle A but not on flop, on the RIVER everytime. can anybody give me advice on what to do im thinking about having a break off the site for a 2week/4week stint just to see if that helps. i have my hand history saved from tonight and you would not belive how many times its happend, i know this is poker but give me a break. im even in the chat box when the cards go over saying GG GUYS because i know what is coming! ppl are mentioning to me they folded the same hand yet they are catching the miracle cards everytime...i can handle a few but when im busting every tourney getting it in 92%-8% and other sick situations ive just had enough now
    Posted by kev1993
    Cant see this being accurate tbf.

Tis maybe a good idea.

Major leak this, pray to the poker gods & that might help instead of saying gg guys blah blah blah(ok mayb alittle sarki) ;)
  • edited January 2014
    Your getting it in 92% ahead everytime?? sounds amazing... considering kk v aq suited is 68/32 then that is some going... just look at every hand you have got all in pre flop over the last month and im sure you will see varaince balance it out
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: SICK SUCKOUTS...(MTT):
    In Response to SICK SUCKOUTS...(MTT) : Cant see this being accurate tbf. Tis maybe a good idea. Major leak this, pray to the poker gods & that might help instead of saying gg guys blah blah blah(ok mayb alittle sarki) ;)
    Posted by seppe
    yes maybe exadurating a bit with precentages ect. but i cant explain in words the rivers and the suckouts i have been recieving this past week..i ran good for about 4/5 weeks then since about monday last week im just constantly getting sucked out on..variance may be enterd into calculations but i played 3 tourneys tonight all in pre- AQ VS QQ ....A on river       KK Vs AK ....running hearts to make his flush to the A ....and again JJ vs 22 running flush cards again....it so hard to put into words the way i feel when i get it all in pre way ahead and as usual another sick runout
  • edited January 2014
    hi kev the power of positive thinking is what you need mate, having shared a table with you a few times ive notcied you analyse nearly every hand in the chatbox, you should just get on with the game, i ve just had a good rant at somebody before but just out of frustration at his donkeyfied suck out but sometimes you just have to roll with the punches, we all run good and bad its why pokers so great. best of luck fella
  • edited January 2014
    hi kev the power of positive thinking is what you need mate, having shared a table with you a few times ive notcied you analyse nearly every hand in the chatbox, you should just get on with the game, i ve just had a good rant at somebody before but just out of frustration at his donkeyfied suck out but sometimes you just have to roll with the punches, we all run good and bad its why pokers so great. best of luck fella
    Posted by THEROCK573
    yes i see your point and maybe i do that too much (something i will consider) but im just running so bad at the min..u know rock ive shared a few tables and i think FT with you, i consider myself an above average player when at my best and i can hold my own against many players but im just running so bad at the moment im deciding to have a week or 2 away from the game just to gather info and re-evaluate my game because a few times i play bad but im starting to lose my temper at the amount of bad runouts im recieving thanks for your info i will see you soon no doubt  :)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: SICK SUCKOUTS...(MTT) : yes i see your point and maybe i do that too much (something i will consider) but im just running so bad at the min..u know rock ive shared a few tables and i think FT with you, i consider myself an above average player when at my best and i can hold my own against many players but im just running so bad at the moment im deciding to have a week or 2 away from the game just to gather info and re-evaluate my game because a few times i play bad but im starting to lose my temper at the amount of bad runouts im recieving thanks for your info i will see you soon no doubt  :)
    Posted by kev1993
    you are a very competent player mate, dont let run bad diss hearten you, sometimes how ever you get your chips in you lose and it hurts like hell and theres no time scale as to when it will end but if you keep playing correctly it will change believe me. have a chekc threw ur hand histories and see if theres any mistakes ur making alot.

sometimes a break will do you the world of good even if its just a few days, come back refreshed with a positive attitude.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: SICK SUCKOUTS...(MTT) : you are a very competent player mate, dont let run bad diss hearten you, sometimes how ever you get your chips in you lose and it hurts like hell and theres no time scale as to when it will end but if you keep playing correctly it will change believe me. have a chekc threw ur hand histories and see if theres any mistakes ur making alot. sometimes a break will do you the world of good even if its just a few days, come back refreshed with a positive attitude.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    thanks for the info mate much appreciated...i think a break is in order just need a few days to look at my game and hand histories and see if theres any leaks at all ..thanks once again
  • edited January 2014
    I don't know if it will help or not but I found putting the hands into an oddschecker helps. Sometimes we overestimate our % to win a hand. Also, if we are a fav in a hand and we lose then we feel like we have run bad but if we are say in a 70/30 then we cant expect to win every time! Also, sometimes we lose and its because we have played a hand bad so evaluate your own play rather than assume its variance/the RNG etc etc.

Also, a break from the tables doesn't mean a break from the game. You can spend time studying/evaluating your game which can really help!

Best of luck

Matt
  • edited January 2014
    I don't know if it will help or not but I found putting the hands into an oddschecker helps. Sometimes we overestimate our % to win a hand. Also, if we are a fav in a hand and we lose then we feel like we have run bad but if we are say in a 70/30 then we cant expect to win every time! Also, sometimes we lose and its because we have played a hand bad so evaluate your own play rather than assume its variance/the RNG etc etc. Also, a break from the tables doesn't mean a break from the game. You can spend time studying/evaluating your game which can really help! Best of luck Matt
    Posted by MattBates
    thanks matt.  ive seen alot of you and your playing style (aggressive) and i know your quite succesfull at poker (well i think) so all the info is helpful im always looking to improve my game and i look foward to putting advice into practice . i will give feedback
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: SICK SUCKOUTS...(MTT) : thanks matt.  ive seen alot of you and your playing style (aggressive) and i know your quite succesfull at poker (well i think) so all the info is helpful im always looking to improve my game and i look foward to putting advice into practice . i will give feedback
    Posted by kev1993
    i mean take a look at BBV page i posted 2 hands in the space of half hour that i was 90% on flop both times and they hit runner runner its just so sick
  • edited January 2014

Talking to yourself now Kev? ;)

These things happen I'm afraid. Just gotta battle through the bad spells and ride the wave when variance is being kind to you.

• edited January 2014
    Talking to yourself now Kev? ;) These things happen I'm afraid. Just gotta battle through the bad spells and ride the wave when variance is being kind to you.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    i got carried away awww bless me !!