You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ROI question

edited January 2014 in Poker Chat
I always see lots of posts on this and other forums where ROI is mentioned and used as  a benchmark for success.

eg - x% ROI is really good for a DYM player.

Is that figure Average ROI or Total ROI????

:-))))

Comments

• edited January 2014
    Average ROI, as shown by default on Sharkscope searches, is a bit of a Mickey Mouse statistic that can be misleading imo. For example you sometimes see a player in profit with a negative average ROI and a player who's lost money with a positive average ROI.

Total ROI is the one you want to look at, it's an exact calculation based on all the games that particular player has played within the boundaries of whatever filter you're using. On Sharkscope you'll find Total ROI under his/her statistics tab.
  • edited January 2014
    5% average ROI is pretty good, 10% I'd say was fairly excellent over a large sample.
  • edited January 2014
    I thought it might have been total (aftertiming)

Hoped it was average cos its higher.

What is a significant sample of data??

1526 games???

I saw a guy who averages 90 games per day earlier. Unreal.
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ROI question:
    I thought it might have been total (aftertiming) Hoped it was average cos its higher. What is a significant sample of data?? 1526 games??? I saw a guy who averages 90 games per day earlier. Unreal.
    Posted by ff55hh
    1526 is a pretty good sample, a useful indicator of what can be expected over a longer period (assuming skill level compared to the field remains the same).
  • edited January 2014
    Thanks guys :-))))
  • edited January 2014
    Tournaments can distort your roi. If you win a tourney you could get a crazy roi and yet despite being an overall losing player you may have a positive average roi. Qualifying for tournaments through satelites can also mess up stats.

Best to filter the game type in question, eg dyms and then check your roi.
  • edited January 2014

That happened to me actually, I won a token to a $44 rebuys game in a freeroll (lost and didnt rebuy) and on SS it showed me as losing over £60 in that game. I was mortified when I saw my graph on there. Looks like I had a total meltdown for 1 day :-((

• edited January 2014
    That happened to me actually, I won a token to a $44 rebuys game in a freeroll (lost and didnt rebuy) and on SS it showed me as losing over £60 in that game. I was mortified when I saw my graph on there. Looks like I had a total meltdown for 1 day :-((
    Posted by ff55hh
    Is it possible to filter for just bounty hunters if you have a subscription?
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ROI question : Is it possible to filter for just bounty hunters if you have a subscription?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    No, just by scheduled tournament
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: ROI question : Is it possible to filter for just bounty hunters if you have a subscription?
    Posted by FlyingDagg

If you have a suscription yes.