You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

skys river cards

the percentage of hands that get turned around on turn and river is that high on sky poker its unreal  makes it nearly impossible to win hands before they get turned

Comments

• edited January 2014
    In Response to skys river cards:
    the percentage of hands that get turned around on turn and river is that high on sky poker its unreal  makes it nearly impossible to win hands before they get turned
    Posted by saraman07
    You need to get yourself a new ring.  It helped me
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: skys river cards:
    In Response to Re: skys river cards : yes when a player goes all in with small pair and u call ak you flop an ace they will always hit there small card on river to have trips ,classic sky.if you hit a small card on flop and  choose to check they will always hit on river to beat you,
    Posted by saraman07

Hi Saraman07

Clearly this is not true but if you think you can prove us wrong, go for it.

Rather than questioning our integrity (which is against forum rules BTW) you may want to consider posting some of your hands on the poker clinic area of the forum to get feedback from other players on how you played the hands.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: skys river cards : yes when a player goes all in with small pair and u call ak you flop an ace they will always hit there small card on river to have trips ,classic sky.if you hit a small card on flop and  choose to check they will always hit on river to beat you,
    Posted by saraman07
    You don't actually believe this, do you?
  • edited January 2014
    As I said he needs a new ring.  I think MattBates was last seen with one
  • edited January 2014
    i wouldnt waste your breath m8 you end up with idiots like cenachav who dont have nothing decent to add
    Posted by MsBubble
    Let's not resort to name calling please.

If you have a clear and reasoned, factual argument agreeing with the OP, feel free to state your case and present your evidence too.

Do please remember the forum rules though.

Sky Poker
  • edited January 2014
    i do remember the rules however it is always the same if you speak out of turn or say something regs dont agree with its ok for those to make silly comments but not anyone else yer about right i recon
    Posted by MsBubble
    It's because people like cenachav (seeing as you singled him out) have seen this kind of thread time and time again, and the opening post invariably provides nothing in the way of so-called 'evidence' to back up the claims.
  • edited January 2014
    Dear MsBubble, 

If you want to call me an idiot then that is fine, you can call me what you want too free country and all that.  If you do, may I politely suggest you use the spell checker facility before you submit your posts.  Also most colleges now do free English lessons.  It may help you in your grammar and sentence formation.

If you don't like my posts or my tone then fine.  I don't like marmite so I don't eat it.  If you don't want to see my posts then please use the ignore cenachav button that is under all of them.

Good afternoon to you and run well at the tables
  • edited January 2014
    Dear MsBubble,  Re your post that I commented on,  https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3aa7f8ac61-7ec7-4adb-9e6e-308b1fc6510d  If you read it again you will find that I was not commenting on your post but the reply from rainman inviting you to play the £2.20 at 2.20.   If you want to call me an idiot then that is fine, you can call me what you want too free country and all that.  If you do, may I politely suggest you use the spell checker facility before you submit your posts.  Also most colleges now do free English lessons.  It may help you in your grammar and sentence formation. If you don't like my posts or my tone then fine.  I don't like marmite so I don't eat it.  If you don't want to see my posts then please use the ignore cenachav button that is under all of them. Good afternoon to you and run well at the tables
    Posted by cenachav
    Spot on Sir. 
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: skys river cards : BROWN TOUNGE
    Posted by MsBubble
    It's 'tongue'.

...but you're right: spelling and grammar, etc, are not life-changing things, merely ones that we should strive to get right more often than we get wrong. We're all adults here, and some degree of education is expected and encouraged. I'm going to start a class for IDCU, so feel free to join ;)

The point of your posts though - along with the opening poster Saraman07 - needs to be presented alongside evidence, otherwise you will open yourself up to certain responses, and rightly so. Say what you want, but accept the repercussions if you're not prepared - or able - to at least attempt to back up your claims.
  • edited January 2014
    OK Firstly, let me say I don't think online poker is rigged at all, yes I get frustrated when four times on the trot I raise 5BB with my QQ get a call and the flop come 286 rainbow, so I shove and get called by A10 off suit and the A comes on the river, but that's poker and I accept that.

However, I will say after reading these forums for a while many of the 'high post count' posters would be classed as trolls on other forums, some of you seem to deliberately set about winding up other posters and to be honest it is very childish, I mean how are are some of you..?

Why bother to post if you 'as you seems to suggest' are so much more highly educated than the rest of the forum. Save your time any energy for the tables and stop the primary school play ground attitudes, its embarrassing, it really is.

(and awaits the barrage of abuse lol)
  • edited January 2014
    In Response to Re: skys river cards : BROWN TOUNGE
    Posted by MsBubble
    Epic fail.  
  • edited January 2014

i agree i find i get beat on river alot. sky has a high % of chancers/gamblers who like to get chips in with any 2 cards we are all told we need these players and variance will catch up. in a cash game reload catch them next time problem is in an mtt you have lost your chips and someone else gets the benifit of variance
  • edited January 2014
    Did someone ring?
  • edited January 2014
    Fishtales.  My spelling is awful and I have to use the spellchecker to ensure what I have typed is readable.  IT is a great tool if you know, like me, you can't spell well.  If someone gives you some advice and you totally ignore it and you then make a pilchard of yourself, you only have yourself to blame.  By the way, which of the high count users would you consider were trolls?

Daphene, that is the trouble with MTT's.  You only have one life in them.  Variance does even out in the end.  There have been tournaments where I was hitting everything and some where my oppos were.  Take the rough with the smooth and remember that for every beat you take, you will give one.

Oh, Fishtales, if you are raising QQ 5bb pre then you may need to look at your bet sizing.  I would suggest posting a hand or two in the poker clinic and ask for advice.  It will help you improve.

Good luck all
  • edited January 2014
    Your previous post stated that you had received abuse at the free play tables and that you had been told what to do to stop it but refused to.  You have been given advice here and ignored it too.  Why ask questions when you ignore the answers?

If any new player wants to come onto the forum they are more then welcome.  If you look back in poker chat there are loads of threads started there with new players introducing themselves and the community welcomes them with open arms.  As you haven't ignored me I take it that you approve of my character, not that you know it.

Night night too and run well at the tables